Buying sheets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
It's time to buy some new sheets. With running back and forth everyday I have determined I just do NOT have enough sheet sets. OK, here are my criteria, let me know what you've found and where...(please)
  1. Poly cotton or a truly no-iron cotton
  2. Patterned, I just don't like solids
  3. Under $50 for a queen set (and that's all I need, queen sets)
Right now I have a floral so a stripe or a plaid would work. The floral I have is no longer available (curse you JCP!) I've looked on Overstock, LNT and BB&B. Mostly everyone seems to have all cotton. I don't want to iron. Maybe with the new washer/dryer, tho, that might not be a problem. It could be the old washer/dryer were just too small for the number of sheets I was putting in.

I don't think it's your washer/dryer...cotton needs to be ironed. What about the Chris Madden sheets at JCP?
Back to ironing........
confused_smile.gif

I don't think it's your washer/dryer...cotton needs to be ironed. What about the Chris Madden sheets at JCP?
Back to ironing........
confused_smile.gif
No patterns, all solids. I should be ironing, too, so I have some shirts to wear. All I have left now are long sleeve t's. Hubs is tired of washing the clothes while I'm out doing the sheets. But, I'm not hauling clothes with me, too. 7 washer loads is just too dang much!

Back to ironing........
confused_smile.gif
Samster said:
Back to ironing........
confused_smile.gif
I found that getting the cotton sheets out of the really big industrial dryers they have not been wrinkled. I haven't ironed any sheets or pillowcased that have been wahsed and dried in the past 3 weeks.

Back to ironing........
confused_smile.gif
Samster said:
Back to ironing........
confused_smile.gif
I found that getting the cotton sheets out of the really big industrial dryers they have not been wrinkled. I haven't ironed any sheets or pillowcased that have been wahsed and dried in the past 3 weeks.
The thing that surprised me was that going to the laundry was so costly.

Well as you found out in the laudromat....big dryer...no wrinkles... The thing is we try and cram so many into our dryers to get the job done, that they come out too wrinkled from not having enough room to toss and dry properly:-(

Try www.kohls.com
They always have great sales and most of the time they have sheets on clearance. I got King size, 300 ct, for $24.99 (on sale of course).
Sometimes they have free shipping on orders over $75, sometimes it's $.99 per item.

The reason I recommend Stuff-mart, if they are wrinkly or shrink or anything, you can bring them right back. They have high end sheet sets as well as low thread count.

Back to ironing........
confused_smile.gif
Samster said:
Back to ironing........
confused_smile.gif
1linda said:
Relatively speaking, I thought it was cheap. On really busy days it cost me about $10, a little more when I had the mattress pads and a little less when it was a quieter day. It was $1.75 or $3.50 for the washer (small vs big machine) and usually $.50 to dry per washer load. It may have been less elsewhere, this place is just close.
My water & sewer bills ought to be down quite a bit for this quarter.

The reason I recommend Stuff-mart, if they are wrinkly or shrink or anything, you can bring them right back. They have high end sheet sets as well as low thread count..
Yes I was surprised to find 300 TC at Walmart the other day. I squeezed and crushed and tried to wrinkle one they had out on display..and it held up really nicely, Surprised me...only solid colors...no prints.

Try www.kohls.com
They always have great sales and most of the time they have sheets on clearance. I got King size, 300 ct, for $24.99 (on sale of course).
Sometimes they have free shipping on orders over $75, sometimes it's $.99 per item..
emspiers said:
Try www.kohls.com
Sometimes they have free shipping on orders over $75, sometimes it's $.99 per item.
Good one. The free shipping ends today and they have some pretty Laura Ashley on sale.

Try www.kohls.com
Sometimes they have free shipping on orders over $75, sometimes it's $.99 per item..
emspiers said:
Try www.kohls.com
Good one. The free shipping ends today and they have some pretty Laura Ashley on sale.
I got some of the Laura Ashleys last week. They are nice quality sheets - be forewarned that the pretty trim in the package is only on the pillowcases, not on the top sheet. Fooled me!

Try www.kohls.com
emspiers said:
Try www.kohls.com
I got some of the Laura Ashleys last week. They are nice quality sheets - be forewarned that the pretty trim in the package is only on the pillowcases, not on the top sheet. Fooled me!
muirford said:
Probably the same ones, then. These also have a lacy trim. No backup pillowcases, tho and that bothers me. One mascared face and that pillowcase is in the trash.

Try this code when you check out, it should give you an additional 30% when you use your Kohl's card: BTS30

Try this code when you check out, it should give you an additional 30% when you use your Kohl's card: BTS30.
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
Try this code when you check out, it should give you an additional 30% when you use your Kohl's card: BTS30
I'm calling my SIL. She is Kohl's best customer.
wink_smile.gif
I'll let her place the order. She is such a good customer that my nephew said, on a history report, that the reason the first settlers had such a difficult time was because they couldn't drive to Kohl's for supplies like his mom does.
Woowoo! She ordered online, ship to me and saved me $120! Yowza! 4 queen sheet sets, 1 twin quilt + 1 queen quilt.

Try www.kohls.com
emspiers said:
Try www.kohls.com
muirford said:
Probably the same ones, then. These also have a lacy trim. No backup pillowcases, tho and that bothers me. One mascared face and that pillowcase is in the trash.
That's why I went with white sheets
regular_smile.gif
Lots of mix & matching allowed.

Try www.kohls.com
emspiers said:
Try www.kohls.com
muirford said:
I have a lot of patterned pillowcases and can usually find some to throw in - I use two sets of two on each bed, anyway.

Try this code when you check out, it should give you an additional 30% when you use your Kohl's card: BTS30.
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
I'm calling my SIL. She is Kohl's best customer.
wink_smile.gif
I'll let her place the order. She is such a good customer that my nephew said, on a history report, that the reason the first settlers had such a difficult time was because they couldn't drive to Kohl's for supplies like his mom does.
Woowoo! She ordered online, ship to me and saved me $120! Yowza! 4 queen sheet sets, 1 twin quilt + 1 queen quilt.
Hey, you can't beat that... congrats on a good buy!!
Don't those little things just make you feel better?

Back