Calendars?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Does anyone make their own calendars with pix they've taken? Who do you use to print them?
Secondly - have you ever had your photos turned into 'canvases'? If so, where did you do that?

The Walmart faux canvas prints put photos on various sizes of textured paper, up to large poster sizes. Pretty low price for what you get, especially when put in a nice frame.
I don't have much use for calendars any more. I look at my iPhone when I need a calendar.

The Walmart faux canvas prints put photos on various sizes of textured paper, up to large poster sizes. Pretty low price for what you get, especially when put in a nice frame.
I don't have much use for calendars any more. I look at my iPhone when I need a calendar..
Arkansawyer said:
I don't have much use for calendars any more. I look at my iPhone when I need a calendar.
So many beautiful things lost to technology...

There are several websites that will have a real artist turn one of your photos into an oil on canvas painting. I've had three done over the years and was very pleased with the result. It costs about $300 for a large painting (approx. 2' x 3').

I don't have much use for calendars any more. I look at my iPhone when I need a calendar..
Arkansawyer said:
Yes they wrap well around the sides of the canvas. My parents took one to one of those craft/framing stores and I kid you not, the sides are WHITE, not the photo, and there are rows of staples! I was mad as can be, and they wouldn't return it. It was three times the cost!
They went to walmart and had an awesome made up in an hour!!

WALMART!
You can get a photo on canvas for a REASONABLE amount, in many diff sizes, and the edges are done NICE, no tacks or staples showing. In our photo center they have THREE images that they split onto three canvases of a mountain scene, and it is BEAUTIFUL! I was shocked by how awesome it turned out!
Do it online and they can ship to you or your local walmart, or go in and have it done right then!
I am trying to figure out what i want to do with this, I have too many photos I love, we have nowhere to put them HERE, unless I take something out. They are really good quality.
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
$8.96 for an 8x10 and done in an hour.
And you don't need to spend $ on a frame!

I have several canvas prints in the guest rooms of local photos I've taken. The last one I had done was by Vista print. I also had some calendars printed by them last year which I sent out to some of our regular guests.
I've also had some done in the past by my-print .co .uk
Been pleased with all of them.

There are several websites that will have a real artist turn one of your photos into an oil on canvas painting. I've had three done over the years and was very pleased with the result. It costs about $300 for a large painting (approx. 2' x 3')..
Thankfully, they are willing to pay a LOT more than that to have DH do a painting of "their" baby.

There are several websites that will have a real artist turn one of your photos into an oil on canvas painting. I've had three done over the years and was very pleased with the result. It costs about $300 for a large painting (approx. 2' x 3')..
Thankfully, they are willing to pay a LOT more than that to have DH do a painting of "their" baby.
gillumhouse said:
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
Yes!

I'm sorry I'm not going to answer your questions but if you're looking to showcase some of your photos, you might consider custom jigsaw puzzles. They're not cheap so you wouldn't give them away like calendars, but they have more longevity.
Calendars can be harder to give away than one might think.

I'm sorry I'm not going to answer your questions but if you're looking to showcase some of your photos, you might consider custom jigsaw puzzles. They're not cheap so you wouldn't give them away like calendars, but they have more longevity.
Calendars can be harder to give away than one might think..
Too true! We always end up with weird calendars at this time of year.
Did just get 4 beautiful calendars from a guest and that's what got me thinking about them.

Probably best to make your own calendars through desktop publishing, so you just make them as needed and aren't stuck with any. Surely there's some software out there to put your own pics on custom calendars. And of course you have all this free time to do it!

Calendars can be harder to give away than one might think..
happyjacks said:
Calendars can be harder to give away than one might think.
Yes, I usually end up with at least 3 calendars each Christmas. However I work on the basis that if you calendar is good enough they will put it on the wall and will have a constant reminder of your business and therefore are more likely to book to come back.
A jigsaw they might do once then chuck it in the cupboard and never see it again till the next bring-and-buy sale comes around.

Shutterfly does that kind of thing, too. I've not seen their quality first hand but got my mom a photo book from there and she was happy with it. Just watch for the sales otherwise they are kind of pricey.

I'm thinking of doing the calendars now for 2015. Gives me a bit of time over the summer to sell them. If they don't sell everyone gets them for gifts or I put them in packages.
Why I think I can sell syrup and calendars when everyone steals the mugs I don't know!

The only folks who would WANT a calendar imo are overseas guests. They travel well and would be a gift for someone back home with American photos. For example, I send one of American scenes to relatives down under and they love it.
I also get them from many sources. I feel bad that they send them out and waste $ on them when I won't hang them up, or use them.

The only folks who would WANT a calendar imo are overseas guests. They travel well and would be a gift for someone back home with American photos. For example, I send one of American scenes to relatives down under and they love it.
I also get them from many sources. I feel bad that they send them out and waste $ on them when I won't hang them up, or use them..
I'm hoping the difference is in the quality of the product. The paper is gorgeous and the overall look of the calendars is high end. Also thinking that someone might like the local scenery.
We got 2 calendars so far from the place we got our pens. Random photos. DH will hang one in his office but, no, I would not hang that where guests could see it or hand it out.
A lot of guests do ask about the calendar I do hang up, all local scenes. Mostly I think they want to go to that spot.

Just paid my insurance for 6 months and the insurance agent had calendars. They have Rockwell paintings so I took one. DH liked it but his first comment was - nice pictures but the squares are too small. We use the calendar that gets hung in the kitchen as a diary for the year. DH enters temps/weather, where/IF we go somewhere, and G for each room that night. He writes small but a 1/2 inch x half inch does not cut it.

Back