California

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Have my first guests from California, staying 7 nights. I told my sister that, based on what I've learned on innspiring, they will be hard to please.
Indeed, she talked to them today when they came in her store, and they said my place is too new. They can smell paint and varnish fumes (it was painted SEVEN months ago) and they had to leave the door open, but after a while that solved the problem.
We all know perfectly well that what solved the problem is that after 10 minutes they became acclimated to the room, just as the odor receptors in the nose get used to any other smell with a little time.
My JB-endorsed magic zymes arrived today and I'll start spraying them around before people arrive. It doesn't have the perfume smell of Febreze.

Arkie, when ever you have Cali guests, stock the pantry with fruit, nuts and flakes (plain not frosted). They will then feel at home.

Arkie, when ever you have Cali guests, stock the pantry with fruit, nuts and flakes (plain not frosted). They will then feel at home..
copperhead said:
Arkie, when ever you have Cali guests, stock the pantry with fruit, nuts and flakes (plain not frosted). They will then feel at home.
But they're in Arkansas! They need to absorb the culture. At least batter and deep fry those nuts and frost those flakes! I'd love to see the expression on their faces if they order tea at a local restaurant and get a glass of sugar water rather than the hot cup of tea they expect.
This could be fun, messing with Cali guests.

Arkie, when ever you have Cali guests, stock the pantry with fruit, nuts and flakes (plain not frosted). They will then feel at home..
copperhead said:
But they're in Arkansas! They need to absorb the culture. At least batter and deep fry those nuts and frost those flakes! I'd love to see the expression on their faces if they order tea at a local restaurant and get a glass of sugar water rather than the hot cup of tea they expect.
Arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
But they're in Arkansas! They need to absorb the culture. At least batter and deep fry those nuts and frost those flakes Now that's funny!
tounge_smile.gif

It is a big state. Be more specific, if you are saying BAY AREA or Hollywood, or outside of that it is a different place...
regular_smile.gif

They're from near San Diego. So you're saying it could be worse! I'll agree. On the whole they were very complimentary of the accommodations!

copperhead said:
Arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
Love this! I am sitting in California today. They do like their granola! AND coffee! Homesick for New England.

Back