Call the innkeeper. Please.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I try very hard to stay out of the guests' hair while thye are here. They don't need me hovering around and I tell them how to find me if they do need something. (So I do not run out when I hear 'oops' or doors rattling.) Please, I mean it. If you need something, ring the bell. Please do not: rattle around in the cupboards and in the laundry room looking for a mop. That's not where I keep it. Please do not: use up every paper towel and napking to wipe up a spill (and miss most of it so I slio thru it on my way to the laundry room).
Please, if you spill a quart of milk on the floor- come get me. I will happily clean up AND replace the milk so the other guests can have tea, too.

Yikers! But I am so embarrasserd to be such a klutz. If I go away quickly you will not know who I am....

Yikers! But I am so embarrasserd to be such a klutz. If I go away quickly you will not know who I am.....
Yeah, but I'm pretty much going to be able to narrow it down to one of two rooms...and given one person already dumped a pitcher of cream this morning I'm going with that one...
wink_smile.gif

Gomez said there was an entire roll of paper towels in the trash. Half of them weren't even wet, just crumpled up and thrown away. Like they heard someone coming and ran...
I'll get up early tomorrow and mop the whole dining room & kitchen. Maybe someone will mention it.

Yikers! But I am so embarrasserd to be such a klutz. If I go away quickly you will not know who I am.....
Odd that, because some guests have no problems getting me out of bed because it's too quiet and they need to borrow a TV or radio. But a huge mess they'll leave for me to find in the dark or in the morning or for another guest to slip in.

We knew we had a mess as we were laying in bed and the water started coming through the ceiling from the bathroom above. I ran up the stairs and he met me at their door, ASSURING me they were getting it cleaned up. One full claw foot tub is too small for all that water AND two people
rolleyes.gif

We knew we had a mess as we were laying in bed and the water started coming through the ceiling from the bathroom above. I ran up the stairs and he met me at their door, ASSURING me they were getting it cleaned up. One full claw foot tub is too small for all that water AND two people
rolleyes.gif
And you want to say, 'With what? How are you getting it all cleaned up?' Yeesh. Not to mention how YOUR space is not going to be 'all cleaned up' when they're done!
However, recreating Bull Durham IS some sort of fantasy, isn't it?
embaressed_smile.gif

rolleyes.gif
And you want to say, 'With what? How are you getting it all cleaned up?' Yeesh. Not to mention how YOUR space is not going to be 'all cleaned up' when they're done!
embaressed_smile.gif

Morticia said:
embaressed_smile.gif
You mean having Kevin Costner paint my toenails?

rolleyes.gif
embaressed_smile.gif

Morticia said:
embaressed_smile.gif
muirford said:
Morticia said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Actually, I meant having him the bathtub.
embaressed_smile.gif

rolleyes.gif
Been there - done that. Thankfully when the claw-foot was in the original bathroom so the waterfall was in my dining room at my bedroom door. I shudder to think of what will happen if we have a repeat of that now - the created bathroom is over our bedroom.
This summer the drainpipe divorced the drain in the new shower (2006) in the renovated old bathroom and once again the dining room got drenched. The shower in the new bathroom is right over my beside lamp and file cabinet and something a LOT worse is over my pillow....... Unfortunately no way to rearrange either room.

rolleyes.gif
embaressed_smile.gif

Morticia said:
embaressed_smile.gif
muirford said:
Morticia said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Actually, I meant having him the bathtub.
embaressed_smile.gif

I knew that...you have your fantasy, and I'll have mine...

rolleyes.gif
Lately people have not been closing the shower curtain and liner for the clawfoot tub and we've had a small bit of water from the HUGE puddles I've found appear on the dining room ceiling. Gee thanks...
And I discovered that for some reason probably these same idiots think antique shower heads are adjustable and they've broken the piece that holds the ceramic head. Gee thanks again...
Hopefully, my dh can fix it with JB Weld as this is not an easy part to replace since it's all one unit.
There will be a sign (I HATE SIGNS) going in that room about the shower head and curtains. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

Back