Call to Action button on FB

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Anyone else have this pop up? You can set a call to action button that shows up on your header, instead of lost on the page somewhere. A variety of button text options are available.
Just wondering what the evil side of this is. Am I selling my guests' info to FB by putting that link to my booking engine on there?

It is a shame we all have to consider the evil side before using something that could benefit us... but it is true. For every silver lining, there is some gray lurking in the background.
sad_smile.gif

I wasn't aware of any pop up button you can set on Facebook, but I'd suspect FB would know which users see the button, and they will know which users click on the button. I wouldn't think of that as "you selling your guests' info to FB".
People already know, or should know, that FB knows everything their users do on the FB website, and probably everything we do everywhere else on the Internet!
So many sites now are able to "see" that you are signed in to FB and when you arrive at their site they offer to let you sign in to their page using your FB membership. Everything we do these days is interconnected with everything else we do, and everything everybody else does.
Star Trek's Borg Collective is becoming reality.

I wasn't aware of any pop up button you can set on Facebook, but I'd suspect FB would know which users see the button, and they will know which users click on the button. I wouldn't think of that as "you selling your guests' info to FB".
People already know, or should know, that FB knows everything their users do on the FB website, and probably everything we do everywhere else on the Internet!
So many sites now are able to "see" that you are signed in to FB and when you arrive at their site they offer to let you sign in to their page using your FB membership. Everything we do these days is interconnected with everything else we do, and everything everybody else does.
Star Trek's Borg Collective is becoming reality..
Arks said:
Or George Orwell's Big Brother is watching you from 1984...

Star Trek's Borg Collective is becoming reality..
Arks said:
Harborfields said:
Arks said:
George was only off by a few years.

Back