caller id is no longer helpful for me

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Called ID is becoming obsolete for me now.
It once was really cool and useful, but with VOIP people can pick a number from any area code (as well as trac-fones) they don't need to even be in the same state where you live. Caller id is this: I am calling about...call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx and the number on caller id is NEVER the same number. So you can never hit redial on the number to call them back.
The spam/marketers now have private sounding numbers as well, not the typical 888 or 800 anymore. Very few now say "Private" so that is good at last. It is just frustrating.

I still find it useful as in the call that just came in from 'Utility' or the ones that come in from 'Marketing Services' and the like.
And, I've had a salesman calling for 3 weeks now and I am able to just avoid picking up the phone as he has not listened when I have told him to call me at the end of the summer.
I have a small amount of sight recognition of some spam phone numbers so I can avoid those as well.
We were never able to hit 'redial' as all the calls are out of state and we have to hit 1 to make those calls. Not that it matters, no a single person who I have called back has listened to the phone number I have given them to return the call. They ALL hit 'redial'. Which means you get a completely different phone that I can't hear unless I am sitting right next to it.

I still find it useful as in the call that just came in from 'Utility' or the ones that come in from 'Marketing Services' and the like.
And, I've had a salesman calling for 3 weeks now and I am able to just avoid picking up the phone as he has not listened when I have told him to call me at the end of the summer.
I have a small amount of sight recognition of some spam phone numbers so I can avoid those as well.
We were never able to hit 'redial' as all the calls are out of state and we have to hit 1 to make those calls. Not that it matters, no a single person who I have called back has listened to the phone number I have given them to return the call. They ALL hit 'redial'. Which means you get a completely different phone that I can't hear unless I am sitting right next to it..
Hey, "Utility" just called me as well! Who is that one? I have yelled at the Yellow Pages people 3 days in a row now for calling at 9 AM in the middle of breakfast....yeesh.

"Utility" has been calling here all week as well. and "Apex Merchant" - constantly.

We were never able to hit 'redial' as all the calls are out of state and we have to hit 1 to make those calls. Not that it matters, no a single person who I have called back has listened to the phone number I have given them to return the call. They ALL hit 'redial'. Which means you get a completely different phone that I can't hear unless I am sitting right next to it..
Hey, "Utility" just called me as well! Who is that one? I have yelled at the Yellow Pages people 3 days in a row now for calling at 9 AM in the middle of breakfast....yeesh.
Here's where I get my info on phone numbers: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-978-570-2309/10
This one has 10 pages of complaints.

Well, there are some numbers that are just outgoing numbers for Google Voice. For example 760-705-8888. If you call it, it will say that it cannot complete your call. That's because someone is using Google's free VOIP to dial you. I've used it myself.
And if you want, I can have any number show up on your Caller-ID. Try http://calleridfaker.com/ to see.

Back