CALLING ALL - BREWERIES or LOCAL BEER, ALE

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Here is the article. Cheers to all who participated!
cheers.gif

http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/2011/02/whet-your-whistle.html

We have a ton of local breweries which are super cool! one of the world famous ones is called Black sheep. The chap who started it was from a traditional beer making family and decided to go it alone so became the "Black sheep of the family" so called his beer Black Sheep!

I not only have a microbrewery, but I also have a MOONSHINE brewery! I think it is the only (but I know for sure it is the first) LEGAL 'shiner in the State. It is only available in liquor stores (about 100 in our State).

I not only have a microbrewery, but I also have a MOONSHINE brewery! I think it is the only (but I know for sure it is the first) LEGAL 'shiner in the State. It is only available in liquor stores (about 100 in our State)..
gillumhouse said:
I not only have a microbrewery, but I also have a MOONSHINE brewery! I think it is the only (but I know for sure it is the first) LEGAL 'shiner in the State. It is only available in liquor stores (about 100 in our State).
uh....distillery.
wink_smile.gif

Question- do you mean the beer can't be bought anywhere else but locally or just that if I live in CO I shouldn't use Coors as a 'local' brewery?

Question- do you mean the beer can't be bought anywhere else but locally or just that if I live in CO I shouldn't use Coors as a 'local' brewery?.
Alibi Ike said:
Question- do you mean the beer can't be bought anywhere else but locally or just that if I live in CO I shouldn't use Coors as a 'local' brewery?
Local, microbrewery or similar. Not big scale. "Local" being the key word. You can typically only find it AROUND YOU, or your state, In other words.
cheers.gif

Oh boy, now you hit on one of our local treasures... gee I hope I don't forget some.
If I haven't told you lately, you are a B&B marketing treasure, JB.

Oh boy, now you hit on one of our local treasures... gee I hope I don't forget some.
If I haven't told you lately, you are a B&B marketing treasure, JB..
Thanks CH. Now if you have a fuller list with trail and info - I suugest putting that on your own blog, that way it will all kinda tie together, so if someone clicks over to your website they will find even more info.
One innmate has much more info to add to his/her own blog. They have so many handcrafted beers in their area it is a complete trail.
PS One a similar note I saw that BedandBreakfast.com has a title under specials call Beer Getaways, so ya never know maybe this blog article and YOUR own special can be featured or highlighted on that directory.

If I haven't told you lately, you are a B&B marketing treasure, JB..
Thanks CH. Now if you have a fuller list with trail and info - I suugest putting that on your own blog, that way it will all kinda tie together, so if someone clicks over to your website they will find even more info.
One innmate has much more info to add to his/her own blog. They have so many handcrafted beers in their area it is a complete trail.
PS One a similar note I saw that BedandBreakfast.com has a title under specials call Beer Getaways, so ya never know maybe this blog article and YOUR own special can be featured or highlighted on that directory.
cheers.gif

We have a ton of local breweries which are super cool! one of the world famous ones is called Black sheep. The chap who started it was from a traditional beer making family and decided to go it alone so became the "Black sheep of the family" so called his beer Black Sheep!.
Of course you do! I've sampled several of them.
cheers.gif

Hi Joey,
Hope you have not published the beer article yet - Chris just went up to Monticello to check out a beer tasting (research don't you know!) and I told him to take pictures. They are brewing a beer just the way Jefferson used to for Monticello. Since wine was imported, TJ drank beer with dinner and wine as an after-dinner drink.
Chris was recognized by Mark, the brewmaster for Starr Hill Brewery who was doing the tastings and they took his camera to get a shot of Chris and Mark so I'm excited and hope it turned out well!! This beer will be released shortly. Here is a short write up about it.
I'll send you the photo as soon as I get to it.
RIki
[COLOR= rgb(75, 75, 75)]When you think of Monticello, the home of our 3rd president, Thomas Jefferson, you probably think of Jefferson's many contributions to our nation - architecture, political thinking and many others. Do you think of beer, though? Well, it seems that Jefferson was a pretty avid brewer, in addition to his many other talents. The Thomas Jefferson Foundation has partnered with Starr Hill Brewery to revive Jefferson's ale recipe and it will begin selling the beer at Monticello, as well as in area restaurants.
According to Starr Hill Brewery, the Reserve Ale is a bit different from what most people are used to today. That's to be expected, though - Jefferson worked with local ingredients. Starr Hill is doing this as well. They'll be using both wheat and corn, and they'll even use hops that are grown right on the plantation, just like Jefferson did in his day. The beer is unfiltered, but it offers earthy aromas, as well as citrus aromas.
[/COLOR]

Hi Joey,
Hope you have not published the beer article yet - Chris just went up to Monticello to check out a beer tasting (research don't you know!) and I told him to take pictures. They are brewing a beer just the way Jefferson used to for Monticello. Since wine was imported, TJ drank beer with dinner and wine as an after-dinner drink.
Chris was recognized by Mark, the brewmaster for Starr Hill Brewery who was doing the tastings and they took his camera to get a shot of Chris and Mark so I'm excited and hope it turned out well!! This beer will be released shortly. Here is a short write up about it.
I'll send you the photo as soon as I get to it.
RIki
[COLOR= rgb(75, 75, 75)]When you think of Monticello, the home of our 3rd president, Thomas Jefferson, you probably think of Jefferson's many contributions to our nation - architecture, political thinking and many others. Do you think of beer, though? Well, it seems that Jefferson was a pretty avid brewer, in addition to his many other talents. The Thomas Jefferson Foundation has partnered with Starr Hill Brewery to revive Jefferson's ale recipe and it will begin selling the beer at Monticello, as well as in area restaurants.
According to Starr Hill Brewery, the Reserve Ale is a bit different from what most people are used to today. That's to be expected, though - Jefferson worked with local ingredients. Starr Hill is doing this as well. They'll be using both wheat and corn, and they'll even use hops that are grown right on the plantation, just like Jefferson did in his day. The beer is unfiltered, but it offers earthy aromas, as well as citrus aromas.
[/COLOR].
Send it to me, I will add it. CHEERS!

Thanks JB. It is great. If I had White Cedar, Woodbridge, or Maguire I would have a Brew Tour Package. Sadly, I only have one brewery - but with a multitude of brews......

Back