Calling all SOSK

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
SOSK can you please lift up a dear friend whose mother is in ER in Newport News VA with 48 hrs in a 78 hr window for survival for those with instage heart failure. 84 years old. Our friend drove all night to get to the hospital and is not coping well.

The message has been sent..
Not to deflect from the topic of this thread, but thanks to the PA SOSK for the Christmas card. 'Rick' is wondering who sent it...
wink_smile.gif

The message has been sent..
Not to deflect from the topic of this thread, but thanks to the PA SOSK for the Christmas card. 'Rick' is wondering who sent it...
wink_smile.gif

LOL! My DH picked up the mail this morning and was so puzzled by the return address he brought it to me at the Visitors Center (a volunteer shift today) to explain it to him. Thank you, PA SOSK!

JBJ,
I hope your friend is OK. Sje is in my prayers for strength to cope with whatever is the Plan. It is difficult whether expected or sudden - it is still hard to say goodbye. Keep us posted and tell her she is in the prayers of SOSK.

It is difficult dealing with this at ANY time of year but even harder during the holidays. I know as it was this time last year my mother was placed in ICU. God kept her with us long enough for all of us to come to terms with her passing, and she passed away Jan. 4.
Your friend and her mother are in my prayers.

It is difficult dealing with this at ANY time of year but even harder during the holidays. I know as it was this time last year my mother was placed in ICU. God kept her with us long enough for all of us to come to terms with her passing, and she passed away Jan. 4.
Your friend and her mother are in my prayers..
I do not believe it is ever too late to send condolences - please accept mine.

CH I am very sorry to hear that. I know this year will be one bringing back of many many memories. I hope they are fond ones and make you smile.

Big hug. It's a difficult time. I am wondering what to say to my cousins whose mom passed this year.

Big hug. It's a difficult time. I am wondering what to say to my cousins whose mom passed this year.
How about I love you and I miss her too.

gillumhouse said:
I have to write it down, there's no way I can call. I can't even talk about it.

gillumhouse said:
Those words write too. And the reader understands. Since you are writing, tell one of your favorite memories of her that your cousin may not know. It may bring smiles with the tears that will be shed regardless.

JBJ, thoughts and prayers from here are with your friend.
I also received a card from the SOSK. Great lift me up as I have just been talking to my brothers the last several days about things regarding my Aunt's estate. (One of the Aunties that I lost on Columbus Day weekend.) Thank you to the SOSK!
Sorry to here about your Mom last year, CH. I had a dear friend who managed to make it through the holidays 2 years ago and had some wonderful time with her family before her condition deteriorated and she died in January. The holidays can be rough if you lost someone right around that time :-( Thoughts are with you too.

gillumhouse said:
Yes, I nice memory you shared with her may help through this time. I did that in a card sent to my uncle two years ago after my aunt passed away. He was there with us at the hospital last year with my Mom. Told me that card had meant a lot to him and he kept it with many other memories of her.

we just returned from Baltimore - our former minister died 12/3 - only 47 years old. His memorial service was Fri nite - so hard on the family

The card from SOSK was a surprise. It was hard to explain to my husband. But appreciated.

Update: Apparently the DR's think our friend's mother will not make it. That is the latest news from the hospital. I told her you all were lifting her and mother and situation up and she said that was the best thing she has heard so far, and needed to hear. So thank you all, pls continue. I will be diligent and let you know if anything changes.
Christmas blessings to you.

Back