CALLING ALL - Using LESS gas

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blog article is now posted. Pass it on!
cheers.gif

http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/2011/03/park-it-and-save.html.
It is great! Timing is perfect since the BWTS just came up with a new campaign that is getting hit by innkeepers - including me - as no way. It is called FREE GAS - NO FOOLING and is to hit on April 1 (April Fool's Day). Some are thinking a value added would be a special under this. I maintain it says free gas and that is what you need to supply.
People who come here have more money that I do. I am already hanging by a thread and I am supposed to buy gas for them? Personally, I do not think people are looking at the cost of gas with their getaway. They are looking for the relaxation, the get away from the routine and whatever it takes to do that is what it takes. They are much more likely, in my opinion, to look at the price of the room and cost of the activities than the cost of the gas.
BWTS has already changed the slogan to incorporate more ideas - it was posted on Facebook today.

Just saw this (no not putting it on that article, but I thought about it!)
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]"Beer now cheaper than gas! Drink, dont drive."[/COLOR].
Better Way to Stay isputting a gas save specials together. I hate it that we have to keep short-changing ourselves to make people come. Are the hotel chains doing that much - get a gas card when you book? I know pri ce li ne etc are rate cutters, but geesh! Our break even is not $20 or $25 either!
Edited to ad: WHINE!!!!
gillumhouse said:
Better Way to Stay isputting a gas save specials together. I hate it that we have to keep short-changing ourselves to make people come. Are the hotel chains doing that much - get a gas card when you book? I know pri ce li ne etc are rate cutters, but geesh! Our break even is not $20 or $25 either!
Edited to ad: WHINE!!!!
I'm with you K. I was upset when I saw the first campaign for BWTS. Why is it that it's always the innkeeper who has to pony up discounts???? Why couldn't they have created a campaign that emphasized the VALUE that is already built in to staying at B&Bs? I know they need a "hook", but I really think that discounts is the wrong way to go.
They had a ton of I am on board e-mails and a LOT of WTF-type answers on the Forum. They are changing the name of the promo. It is going to use B & B. I have decided to offer it thru May 20 on Tues thru Thurs w/2-night min because if they do not have the numbers, it is just another offer like the directories, etc. It was the numbers that made B & Bs for Vets and they are trying to build on that. Changing the name is what changed my mind. The word FREE is no longer being used - THAT is what changed my mind.
I do not mean to waffle - just thinking I have to look beyond me. It is for a limited time and on MY days and at a gas station in my town. I have suggested they use B & Bs in every promo title also. That way it does not get lost as to WHO is doing it.
Since Samster said it is posted on FB - the new title is B & Bs Kick Gas!

It is great! Timing is perfect since the BWTS just came up with a new campaign that is getting hit by innkeepers - including me - as no way. It is called FREE GAS - NO FOOLING and is to hit on April 1 (April Fool's Day). Some are thinking a value added would be a special under this. I maintain it says free gas and that is what you need to supply.
People who come here have more money that I do. I am already hanging by a thread and I am supposed to buy gas for them? Personally, I do not think people are looking at the cost of gas with their getaway. They are looking for the relaxation, the get away from the routine and whatever it takes to do that is what it takes. They are much more likely, in my opinion, to look at the price of the room and cost of the activities than the cost of the gas.
BWTS has already changed the slogan to incorporate more ideas - it was posted on Facebook today.
Samster said:
Is there a link or a cut n paste of it? I am on it http://www.facebook.com/BetterWayToStay
I am adding bwts to blog articles, but if they are trying to put us in the poor house I will take it off. That is the thing with a grassroots prgrm, until it actually eventuates you do not know all the details. I need to know the details. I think everyone does who has already donated to this.
ECO travel.
They have not changed the blog title, only in FB
here is the article http://support.betterwaytostay.com/free-gas-no-fooling-all-about-making-bb-travel-heroes-not-about-discounting

Samster said:
Is there a link or a cut n paste of it? I am on it http://www.facebook.com/BetterWayToStay
I am adding bwts to blog articles, but if they are trying to put us in the poor house I will take it off. That is the thing with a grassroots prgrm, until it actually eventuates you do not know all the details. I need to know the details. I think everyone does who has already donated to this.
ECO travel.
They have not changed the blog title, only in FB
here is the article http://support.betterwaytostay.com/free-gas-no-fooling-all-about-making-bb-travel-heroes-not-about-discounting
It is on their FB wall posts.
http://www.facebook.com/BetterWayToStay
"Update on what was formerly called "Free Gas, No Fooling". After active conversation on the PAII Forum about this program, we've decided to change the name to allow innkeepers more leeway in creating all kinds of gas, eco-travel and other packages. New name: "B&Bs Kick Gas!". It's edgy and fun. What do you think?"

Back