Calling one too many times

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
We've all had the experience of the guest who cannot decide, who needs more information, needs to check the prices again, needs to know the amenties, needs to know what will be for breakfast, needs, needs, needs.
Well, this is how online merchants handle those folks...the price goes UP the more the person goes to the site and looks at the item. Food for thought.

Well I knew this happened with contractors and many local service type businesses. They use your address..(using Monopoly street names) if you live on Boardwalk you pay the top dollar while Tennessee avenue gets a fair market price.
One such service that does this is your wedding photographer - at least here! One of our photographers told us their secret and I will be darned if it was not true. When a person calls to set up an appt, they are asked a number of questions including their address. This is how they set up their fees & packages and what they show them at the appt.

Well I knew this happened with contractors and many local service type businesses. They use your address..(using Monopoly street names) if you live on Boardwalk you pay the top dollar while Tennessee avenue gets a fair market price.
One such service that does this is your wedding photographer - at least here! One of our photographers told us their secret and I will be darned if it was not true. When a person calls to set up an appt, they are asked a number of questions including their address. This is how they set up their fees & packages and what they show them at the appt..
copperhead said:
We recently had work done on the inn and I think the guy was going to charge us more because, heck, it's a business. Then he thought it over, hey, it's a business that might need more work!, and gave us a really big discount.
I know I get grinchy when someone asks for a discount and then gives an address in a posh neighborhood. Cut the little guy some slack for cryin' out loud!
(4 adult women just made a rez for my largest room. They want a discount. As it is, it will cost them each $60 to stay here. Gimme a break. They are traveling over 500 miles to come here so I know darn well they are spending more of their vacation somewhere else, get the discount there, not for one night here.)

Back