Can anyone recommend a good appointment book?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Innkeeper

Reaction score
I am STILL trying to find a decent appointment book for my B&B. We have 5 rooms, so I don't need anything too elaborate. The problem with a lot of the business planners is that they want to short-change the space for the weekends, which simply won't do. I'd like ti to be big enough to write my little notes to myself in, but not so huge cuz' I have carry it around with me everywhere I go like a 5th appendage. Also, I'd rather not have to sacrifice one of my other appendages to pay for it!
Suggestions appreciated!

Have you tried making your own? You can get a smaller, soft-sided 3 ring binder and make your own sheets with whatever spacing you want. Set it up in a word processor and print out however many pages you need. I have that for my desk. I have it set so when the book is open I can see a week at a time. With the weekend at the end of the week as that is when I generally have more 'issues' so I see it far enough in advance.
Name of room, guest name, number in party & 'notes' (dietary issues, packages, kids, pets, that sort of thing). Plenty of room on each day for my own things to do section and room at the top and bottom for other notes (special town events, 'move this one if that one cancels').

Thats what we did when we had the B & B made our own and put it in a 3 ring binder-it worked spendildly. We not just put all in the computer.

I have an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet, by week, with six rooms and a menu box at the bottom, in excel format. If you'd like that emailed to you, contact me via the forum. I just use it in a three-ring binder.

We found this site that we used to customize and print our own, then we just three hole punch and use a small binder:
http://www.calendarsthatwork.com/

We found this site that we used to customize and print our own, then we just three hole punch and use a small binder:
http://www.calendarsthatwork.com/.
Did you pay for it? Why? All you have to do is go to the Microsoft Template section and you can download templates for just about anything you want for FREE!
Nope, they have a free section and you can just copy it into Excel and modify as needed...WAY faster than trying to create something from scratch in Excel.

Back