Can anyone recommend a nice b&b in New York City?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meinalda

Reaction score
Hello,
We are a Dutch couple that own a b&b in Ronda, the south of spain. For some weeks ive been on this forum reading and learning.
End of this year we travel to New York for a short vacation and we are trying to find a nice b&b there, within reasonable travel distance from most tourist atractions. Is there one that you could recommend us?
Thanks in advance!
Meinalda & Erwin Rijpstra
www.cortijo-perla-blanca.com

Our friend (who also innsits for US!) owns East Village Bed & Coffee http://wwwbedandcoffee.com
The concierge is our former foster dog, Mango!
Book early as she is ALWAYS full.
Enjoy the Big Apple :)

http://www.ivyterrace.com/
This is a B&B in New York City that belongs to one of the national B&B organizations (PAII). You might contact the innkeepers there for additional recommendations.
Welcome
welcome.gif

Your place is very pretty! I loved that part of Spain- so lush and gorgeous. I spent some time in Malaga, too...beautiful!
The memory of the acres and acres of sunflowers that you would see as you drive down the road still make me smile- even to this day. I was there 15 years ago!
I would love to go back and visit, but my Espanol is a little lot rusty!

New York is a big state.
Thats why i specified city ;P
Meinalda said:
Sorry I don't see city, I just see New York. that was why I asked, there are forum members in New York state, none in the city. Did you see the really cool ferry? Let me find it and stick it on here.
Here check this out - I would stay here in a heartbeat!!!
Stay in a 1907 Ellis Island Ferry, enjoying eggs from the chicken coop, swinging from hammocks and taking in views of NYC http://ow.ly/5F4z2

New York is a big state.
Meinalda said:
Sorry I don't see city, I just see New York. that was why I asked, there are forum members in New York state, none in the city. Did you see the really cool ferry? Let me find it and stick it on here.
Stay in a 1907 Ellis Island Ferry, enjoying eggs from the chicken coop, swinging from hammocks and taking in views of NYC http://ow.ly/5F4z2
Thanks Joey,
That is a great place, we are looking in to it as we speak.
Thanks for pointing this one out to us!!!
Greets,
Meinalda

New York is a big state.
Meinalda said:
It was in her posting title. That ferry looks quite interesting..but they have to share baths.:-(

Not a B&B but a wonderful boutique hotel in the ideal NYC location (UWS, 77th & Bwdy) close to all trains and with wonderful staff who are truly helpful. This is the only place we'll stay in the city, you just feel like part of the neighborhood and not a tourist. Sometimes they have specials on their website, and you can sometimes get a deal through hotels.com
Hotel Bellclaire

Thank you all for the input, we having a look at all of them. Prefer it not to be a hotel, nice to see that at hotels.com i can also look for b&b's.
Loads of browsing to do ;)
Again thank you all!

Sorry I have my browser lowerer to read the threads vs the giant header (LOL) I didn't see the title, only the text inside. If that ferry is booked he has other places on that link to the right, apartments in the city.
There are some new plays on Broadway I want to see, and bad!!

Thank you all for the input, we having a look at all of them. Prefer it not to be a hotel, nice to see that at hotels.com i can also look for b&b's.
Again thank you all!.
Meinalda said:
Again thank you all!
If you find a B&B on hotels.com, please do not book through them. They take a large commission. Also, if you see one on BedandBreakfast.com do not use the "book it!" button. Please go to the B&B directly to book. They will lose 20% to bedandbreakfast.com
Thank you very much!
RIki

Again thank you all!.
Meinalda said:
Again thank you all!
If you find a B&B on hotels.com, please do not book through them. They take a large commission. Also, if you see one on BedandBreakfast.com do not use the "book it!" button. Please go to the B&B directly to book. They will lose 20% to bedandbreakfast.com
Thank you very much!
RIki
:) Yeah i know. We are on booking.com, they take 15% :( But thanks for reminding me!

When you get tired of being in the city - go visit Michelle and Joe at www.bricktowninnbnb.com - they are within walking distance to the ferry - ride the ferry over to the train station and take the train right into Grand Central (no car needed in NYC) Wed. is matinee day - cheap tickets at TKTS (I think that is right)

When you get tired of being in the city - go visit Michelle and Joe at www.bricktowninnbnb.com - they are within walking distance to the ferry - ride the ferry over to the train station and take the train right into Grand Central (no car needed in NYC) Wed. is matinee day - cheap tickets at TKTS (I think that is right).
suellen222 said:
When you get tired of being in the city - go visit Michelle and Joe at www.bricktowninnbnb.com - they are within walking distance to the ferry - ride the ferry over to the train station and take the train right into Grand Central (no car needed in NYC) Wed. is matinee day - cheap tickets at TKTS (I think that is right)
Not to sidetrack, but see I clicked on your bricktown link and saw the rooms and each room said "maximum occupancy is 2" and there is no further inquiries needed to see that this is an adult atmosphere. (Just discussing this here from another thread). Max occ is TWO, done deal. I like that!

When you get tired of being in the city - go visit Michelle and Joe at www.bricktowninnbnb.com - they are within walking distance to the ferry - ride the ferry over to the train station and take the train right into Grand Central (no car needed in NYC) Wed. is matinee day - cheap tickets at TKTS (I think that is right).
suellen222 said:
Not to sidetrack, but see I clicked on your bricktown link and saw the rooms and each room said "maximum occupancy is 2" and there is no further inquiries needed to see that this is an adult atmosphere. (Just discussing this here from another thread). Max occ is TWO, done deal. I like that!
Yeah i was reading that thread before. We ourself are a childfree b&b, not that we dont like children. We have 3 ourselfs (not living in spain, 2 adults and a 10 year old living with his mother). But there is a high demand for childfree b&b's here in europe. People with children can go for the childfriendly b&b's, works great this way imho.
Sometimes its funny to read how different things are here in europe compared to the US and Canada where most of you see to be.

suellen222 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
I can attest to the fact that I get emails from potential guests wanting to know if that 'max of 2' applies to their 'wee, little 2 month old who could be tucked into a drawer and no one would be the wiser?' And, 'why do B&B's hate children?'

suellen222 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
I can attest to the fact that I get emails from potential guests wanting to know if that 'max of 2' applies to their 'wee, little 2 month old who could be tucked into a drawer and no one would be the wiser?' And, 'why do B&B's hate children?'
Alibi Ike said:
We had someone for the biggest week on our calendar ask for TWO cribs in the room, when we have a minimum age of 7.
We will accomodate younger, but it always depends on the parents realizing that they have to take responsibility and that the house is not child-safe. We have had a few that get it and are wonderful to deal with. But when they start fighting us about it, that is when we know it's time to be strict about it. If they ask nicely, explain and talk about the child it shows us that they are clued-in.

suellen222 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
They read it as max occup 2, but their kid will be sleeping on the floor so that doesn't apply to them. LOL!

Back