Can I get an Amen??

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
Four check-outs yesterday and a decent weekend ahead, but NOBODY in the house last night.
When DH returned a bit early from his "other" job, we took a long soak in one of our large tubs, followed by a nap. Heaven.
Went out do dinner like normal people and had (moatly) regular conversaton about things other than guests and innkeeping, and then did a little holiday shopping. Let the answering machine get all calls and DIDN'T return them last night.
Unfortunately, my eyes popped open way too early this morning because I've apparently lost the ability to sleep in on a day off, but now I'm sitting in a comfortable chair in my own living room, by the fire, with my feet up, drinking coffee and spending time online, WITHOUT having to worry about setting tables, cooking & serving breakfast or being interrupted by a guest. It snowed last night but I'm just not gonna shovel snow right now because I don't have to. I'm not even doing laundry at the moment.
NOBODY but you all would begin to understand what a treat this all has been. Can I get an amen?

cheers.gif

Amen! Although I also did not have to get up this morning, here I am! But, I am going to crawl back into bed until the heat turns on, read the paper and have my breakfast (yes, all in bed!)

Amen! Although I also did not have to get up this morning, here I am! But, I am going to crawl back into bed until the heat turns on, read the paper and have my breakfast (yes, all in bed!).
Enjoy that!!

I have a freebie coming in tonight - this afternoon actually. I have an FOP dinner tonight and I requested they arrive this afternoon. NOW we have snow so DH is not going so it did not matter. Called her to let her know, no rush. Curses! They are planning to come early anyway. Since she said that (I had told them about the musical at the high school), I told them about the Shop Shinnston - the shops downtown are staying open until 8 tonight.
After breatfast I have to get it in gear!

Yes!! AMEN!!
Only one room this evening - our cottage - and it's a lady by herself tonight (SO joining her for tomorrow evening). However, IN the house I have 1/2 a dozen girls for our daughter's 12th birthday party. UGH.
angel_smile.gif

Yes!! AMEN!!
Only one room this evening - our cottage - and it's a lady by herself tonight (SO joining her for tomorrow evening). However, IN the house I have 1/2 a dozen girls for our daughter's 12th birthday party. UGH.
angel_smile.gif
Pulled out my biz credit card last night to pay for dinner and the waitress looked at me and said, 'I used to sleepover at your place when the 'Smith's' owned it!' She really liked the idea so your kids tonight may also remember it as fun.

Amen, Amen, Amen!!! No guests for me until Sunday so DH and I are off to dinner with friends and sleeping in late (8:00) tomorrow!!! Heaven!

Loving it here too, although been involved in an event that the town is giving actually a skating rink (acrylic) in Helena AR-its been busy but FUN! Singing in the chior tomorrow and then no guests next week either-taking it easy although the car is in shop-but two weeks and counting until vacation home-I'm so excited!
Good for all you its nice to relax and not have to worry about ANYTHING!

I am changing over laundry companies on Monday so it is going to be bedlam! We have to get everything that belongs to the old company off and bagged and counted up and then when the new company comes to install (this is a posh term for turning up with a van of sheets) then we have to make up all the beds straight away. Thank goodness we don't have anyone in sunday night I will need the rest.

Amen! I totally get it! We have had more of those kind of days since we closed and it's great to just spend time with each other. Seems like we had lost that for a couple of years. My dh has a few vacation days to "use or lose" and he took one yesterday. We ran an errand locally, had lunch out, took our new little fun car for a drive about 45 minutes away in another State and did some holiday shopping. Had dinner out and drove home in time to put on a movie and put our feet up. It was fantastic! ENJOY!

Back