Can I possibly remove stains from upholstery?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
hello friends.
there are a few pieces of light colored upholstered furniture in the place that are, okay i'll say it, DIRTY! pulling them out from their dark and cozy corners, i see the stains in a new light (pun intended)
i've tried a couple remedies that did zilch.
on one, the stains on the foorest may be too old, and too deep set into the upholstery. but a couple chairs belong to me and i want to be able to use them in my home when i leave.

What did you already try? That might help us narrow down our answers.

We've had pretty good luck with Resolve triple-action carpet stain remover on upholstry. Comes in a red spray bottle. Spray it on, let it set then blot it out with a towel (not paper towel) Do that twice to remove any loose stuff. If the stain still remains, spray it again but use a brush to scrub it in then blot dry with another towel.

Lemon juice and sunlight? Any idea what the stain is?

they are random stains. mostly from dirty shoes i guess. forgot to say, they are old stains, not sure how old
i have some wineaway and i'm going to try that on the foot rest that looks like a lost cause. it is a big, squashy ottomon that matches the overstuffed chair. it would be a shame if i can't get that looking presentable.

they are random stains. mostly from dirty shoes i guess. forgot to say, they are old stains, not sure how old
i have some wineaway and i'm going to try that on the foot rest that looks like a lost cause. it is a big, squashy ottomon that matches the overstuffed chair. it would be a shame if i can't get that looking presentable..
seashanty said:
i have some wineaway and i'm going to try that on the foot rest that looks like a lost cause. it is a big, squashy ottomon that matches the overstuffed chair. it would be a shame if i can't get that looking presentable.
If it's a lost cause on the cleaning, recover the ottoman in a contrasting print...plaid if the chair is floral, anything if the chair is solid. Easier to do the ottoman than the chair.

i have some wineaway and i'm going to try that on the foot rest that looks like a lost cause. it is a big, squashy ottomon that matches the overstuffed chair. it would be a shame if i can't get that looking presentable..
seashanty said:
If it's a lost cause on the cleaning, recover the ottoman in a contrasting print...plaid if the chair is floral, anything if the chair is solid. Easier to do the ottoman than the chair.
Or get a cat and act like you DON'T want the cat on the ottoman and it will sit there all the time thereby covering the stain
tounge_smile.gif

I had Stanley Steemer clean my furniture and they did a great job with it.

Back