Can we say 3 cheers to the perfect group?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I know a lot of you don't like groups, and I know from my own experience that groups can be "interesting". But I just have to give a shout out to the kind of group we have this weekend---a "mature" group, friends for 100 years since graduating college in the early 60's, have been getting together every two years since about 1970. They checked in Thursday, staying til Sunday. Brought lots of wine and beer and snacks, and have all their time scheduled. When they're not out somewhere sightseeing, they're sitting in the parlor or on the porches reminiscing (or napping). Not a high-maintenance guest in the group. We feel like we're almost on vacation.....we get up and do a pretty serious breakfast for 17, then relax the rest of the day. Refresh, rather than flip, rooms. No check-ins. We went out to dinner on a Friday, and we can do it again tomorrow if we want to. Viva the perfect group!!

Yay!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Hope you enjoy the rest of a relaxing weekend.
I wish we had better group karma. Right now we have two couples together and they are monopolizing everything, acting in general like they've never been out of the house. At least they leave tomorrow.

Excellent. It's really nice to have a group like that for all the reasons you mentioned. PLUS, they are having a wonderful time and will remember their stay.

cheers.gif

oh! yay!!
i had one really nice group that stayed every year. there were others, but this one was my favorite. all couples, in their 60's and 70's. all had small boats that they cruise along the coast in together .... staying at different places for a few nights at a time. they reserved the whole place and set up their 'bar' in the library/common area ... bringing their own snacks and ice and cleaning up after themselves. they ate together and did things together ... so their schedule was easy. if one or two didn't want to participate, they'd sit quietly out on the deck or tuck into a book. absolutely no trouble with them.
med_pulsifer%20028.jpg
i think it's okay to post a small version of one of the pics i took, they all said i could use them on my website.

We had a similar group. Four couples from a big city not too far away that stayed with us several times. One time they were here discussing a book and doing some sightseeing. Another time, they came to a show at one of our historic theatres. Nice group from mid-50's to mid-60's. They liked their wine on the porches in the evening. :)

Back