Can you freeze orange juice?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
I know it sounds like a stupid question because they sell frozen orange juice concentrate, but can you freeze fresh-squeezed or "Simply Orange" orange juice without it affecting the flavor?

interesting.
you'd have to freeze it in a container allowing room for expansion and tight to keep out ice crystals.
don't know about the flavor. test?

I would think if you froze it in a bottle like a 1 or 2 liter soda bottle and squeezed it to spring the bottle in a little bit right before tightening the cap, it should then have room to expand upon freezing and at the same time would remove most of the air that would lead to freezer crystals
I'd run the experiment with a small batch to try it out first without wasting much if it doesn't work.

I just saw it on TV. An orange grower squeezes the fresh juice and freezes it in freezer bags for the next year. He had stacks of them, so it must work.

I have frozen OJ and milk - in the container (half gallon) as is from the store. No difference in taste when thawed.
Our grocery in Illinois would put milk @ half price the day before the sell date. I would buy everything they had and put it in the freezer. I recently hit something similar at the local grocery here with OJ and did same. No diff in taste when thawed - but I loved the savongs!!

As a child we always froze it and made popsicles/snowcones from orange juice. Living in a desert that never had snow it was a real treat.

thanks guys! We're going on a little trip and trying to clean out the fridge.

You can even freeze avocados... not in the skin, take them out, mash them like guacamole add a dash of lemon juice and freeze. You can refreeze and it will be fine, not brown either. :)

You can even freeze avocados... not in the skin, take them out, mash them like guacamole add a dash of lemon juice and freeze. You can refreeze and it will be fine, not brown either. :).
Jo Bloggs said:
You can even freeze avocados... not in the skin, take them out, mash them like guacamole add a dash of lemon juice and freeze. You can refreeze and it will be fine, not brown either. :)
Now that's really good to know for me! We have avocados coming out our ears here during August and September. So many, that we just can't eat them all and they go bad. Everybody has an avocado tree in their yard around here. By the end of September, however, I do get sick of eating avocado. I'll try the freezer technique next season.

You can even freeze avocados... not in the skin, take them out, mash them like guacamole add a dash of lemon juice and freeze. You can refreeze and it will be fine, not brown either. :).
Jo Bloggs said:
Now that's really good to know for me! We have avocados coming out our ears here during August and September. So many, that we just can't eat them all and they go bad. Everybody has an avocado tree in their yard around here. By the end of September, however, I do get sick of eating avocado. I'll try the freezer technique next season.
I grew up with avocado trees as well, you know, sprout the seed, plant it and away they go. Here they are so expensive, not sure if I ever have one to spare to even test freeze it.
I read that while waiting at the dentist in a foodie mag. So let me know how they go! You don;t have to mash them all the way, just enough to get the lemon in them and freeze. Or you can try proper guac to see how it freezes.
chef.gif

I buy frozen guac from Walmart. It is made in Mexico but is very good and less expensive than making it from scratch. The containers are rather large, so I keep it frozen, allow it to partially thaw in the refrigerator and then take out what I need and refreeze. It never turns brown and is always delicious.

Jo Bloggs said:
Sanctuary, I'll trade you some tomatoes for some avocados...I'm up to my ears here!

Jo Bloggs said:
I grew up with avocado trees as well, you know, sprout the seed, plant it and away they go. Here they are so expensive, not sure if I ever have one to spare to even test freeze it.
I read that while waiting at the dentist in a foodie mag. So let me know how they go! You don;t have to mash them all the way, just enough to get the lemon in them and freeze. Or you can try proper guac to see how it freezes.
chef.gif

I buy frozen avocados from our wholesale store. they're cut in half and scooped out whole. They thaw great. I would imagine you could do the same thing and put lemon juice on them before freezing. I like them this way because I can also slice them as garnish.

I know Im a little late in this but YES..you can freeze OJ, we have done it when oj is on sale and its just fine have never had a complaint

I buy frozen guac from Walmart. It is made in Mexico but is very good and less expensive than making it from scratch. The containers are rather large, so I keep it frozen, allow it to partially thaw in the refrigerator and then take out what I need and refreeze. It never turns brown and is always delicious..
I do not know if I would do the thaw a bit and refreeze. I think I would chop the frozen into smaller amounts to keep frozen so I could thaw what I needed when I needed. The axiom I was told was frozen then thawed could be refrozen only after cooking. I thought that was why the grocery markd things as previously frozen.

Any sorts of beverage should not be kept inside the freezer rather it should be kept inside the chiller to keep the product in good quality. And of course we should also take care about the temperature of the chiller and freezer. The temperature of chiller and freezer should be 0 to 4 and -18 to -23 degree Celsius. There is Vending Machine in the market that can maintain the quality of the beverage for the good taste and good health of the people.

yes, you can. I do it all the time. you can freeze butter too. I have been told you can freeze milk, but haven't tried it personally.

yup you can freeze milk but take a little out for expansion we freeze butter as well as cheese.

Back