Can you recommend luggage?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
trumpet blowing ...
i am going on a little cruise in december (a gift) and i do not have luggage. but i have a gift certficate for overstock.com that i am going to use to get some grownup luggage. (my last trips i borrowed shocking pink, hello kitty luggage. easy to spot, but it was soooo heavy empty that it's impractical.)
i've been looking at the lightweight 'spinner'. what do you think?
p.s. i've never been on a cruise ...
regular_smile.gif

Congrats on the gift! I have no suggestions for luggage, sorry. Which is amazing given how much luggage I see everyday!

Congrats on the gift! I have no suggestions for luggage, sorry. Which is amazing given how much luggage I see everyday!.
isn't that funny? all the luggage i've lugged (haha) and watched going up and down the stairs, i haven't noticed or asked if they like their luggage. except for a cloth bag (vera bradley) that is not what i'm looking for.

Sorry, all our luggage is no-name. About all I can say is look for ones where the wheels are set about as far apart as you can find. We have one with narrow-set wheels and one with wide-set wheels and the narrow ones take on a mind of their own when you are running through an airport.

Scooter wheels. Whatever you buy get the scooter wheels they glide along so well. Thick rubber wheels vs plastic.
Going to inspect the towel characters on the beds aye? ha
Email me off forum if you have questions about cruising. I have been on two and going on one in Jan.

We get a lot of Samsonite & Am. Tourister here and these do have warrantys that are worthwhile. With the airlines now charging good money for overweight luggage I would stay away from hardsided luggage unless you don't mind paying more each time you fly. I agree with the wheel spacing and to have rubber over plastic. Had a guest just recently with a nice piece of luggage but the plastic wheel had become stuck during his travels and was flat on one side!
Regarding the cruise, have a wonderful trip. We are big cruisers - going on #16 or 17 at the end of the month. We have been all over the Caribbean and twice to Alaska, the one coming up is to the Mediterranean (Spain, Italy, France). Email me offline if you have any questions.

We get a lot of Samsonite & Am. Tourister here and these do have warrantys that are worthwhile. With the airlines now charging good money for overweight luggage I would stay away from hardsided luggage unless you don't mind paying more each time you fly. I agree with the wheel spacing and to have rubber over plastic. Had a guest just recently with a nice piece of luggage but the plastic wheel had become stuck during his travels and was flat on one side!
Regarding the cruise, have a wonderful trip. We are big cruisers - going on #16 or 17 at the end of the month. We have been all over the Caribbean and twice to Alaska, the one coming up is to the Mediterranean (Spain, Italy, France). Email me offline if you have any questions..
Copperhead said:
Regarding the cruise, have a wonderful trip. We are big cruisers - going on #16 or 17 at the end of the month. We have been all over the Caribbean and twice to Alaska, the one coming up is to the Mediterranean (Spain, Italy, France). Email me offline if you have any questions.
Hubs did many, many cruises to the Med in the 70's. Courtesy of Uncle Sam.
wink_smile.gif

Regarding the cruise, have a wonderful trip. We are big cruisers - going on #16 or 17 at the end of the month. We have been all over the Caribbean and twice to Alaska, the one coming up is to the Mediterranean (Spain, Italy, France). Email me offline if you have any questions..
Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

We thank him for his service to our Country.

Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif

I'll tell him. He didn't get much of that when he came back...

Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif

I'll tell him. He didn't get much of that when he came back...
I echo the THANKS. He deserved thanks then and he deserves it now also.

I've never been on a cruise, either.
But I put my first towel elephant out today for an extra guest. OK, he's 16, but what the heck? It was cute!
And I, too, thank Bree's dh for his service.
=)
Kk.

I like the Samsonite Spinner. Just got one last year. Samsonite makes some really nice hard shelled luggage if you like that so stuff doesn't get squashed.

Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif

Bree said:
wink_smile.gif
Say thanks to your hubs for me. As a wife with a former Air Force hubby, I know they don't get the appreciation and respect that they deserve.

I have no advice about luggage, but I really hope you have a great trip.

Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif

We appreciate all military service. Tell him "thanks"!

Have a great time on your cruise. You deserve it.
To all the military and military spouses - Thank you for your service. My husband was USAF for 8 years during the Vietnam war. I worked in the Naval Hospital in Guam sometimes in Intensive care caring for land mine explosions. It is something the public never sees. The military from that era never were thanked.

Golden Coral is offering a free meal to anyone who has served in the US Military on Nov 17th (evening). No id required. Just wanted to share that - as Golden Coral always supports our troops, past and present.
The 2008 Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, November 17, 2008 from 5 pm to 9 pm in all Golden Corral Restaurants.
The free “thank you” dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to participate in Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Monday dinner.
To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 1.8 million free meals and contributed over $2.53 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.

Golden Coral is offering a free meal to anyone who has served in the US Military on Nov 17th (evening). No id required. Just wanted to share that - as Golden Coral always supports our troops, past and present.
The 2008 Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, November 17, 2008 from 5 pm to 9 pm in all Golden Corral Restaurants.
The free “thank you” dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to participate in Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Monday dinner.
To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 1.8 million free meals and contributed over $2.53 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization..
I wonder what the meal is?
wink_smile.gif
Meat lover's boo-fay??
Cool, my dh can take me there for my birthday & we can both eat for FREE. HA! I'll have him bring some mood setting candles....

To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 1.8 million free meals and contributed over $2.53 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization..
I am literally a blubbering mess over here. Veterans/Service members always choke me up. I have met many people who served in Korea, Vietnam, WWII, but I can NEVER, ever get the words "thank you" past the lump in my throat. I just hope my prayers at night for them are enough of a thanks.

I am literally a blubbering mess over here. Veterans/Service members always choke me up. I have met many people who served in Korea, Vietnam, WWII, but I can NEVER, ever get the words "thank you" past the lump in my throat. I just hope my prayers at night for them are enough of a thanks.
I apologize if I was being flip about the dinner for Veterans. My dh is a notorious coupon clipper and my birthday is right around Veterans' Day.
sad_smile.gif

As vets ourselves, we so appreciate service to our country. We host many families here of soldiers and soldiers themselves.
This is a very nice thing that this company is doing for people who have served!

Back