Can you speak another language?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can speak "Yooper" and a little "Minnesotan".."Side by each down the road we go eh?" "Holy Wha! lookit dat snow machine!" ..mm also pretty good at Spanish....

Yooper! I have been reading about you in a book. Did I tell you I made stew with rutabaga last week after reading more about those Yooper Pasties! :)

I can speak "Yooper" and a little "Minnesotan".."Side by each down the road we go eh?" "Holy Wha! lookit dat snow machine!" ..mm also pretty good at Spanish.....
white pine said:
I can speak "Yooper" and a little "Minnesotan".."Side by each down the road we go eh?" "Holy Wha! lookit dat snow machine!" ........
Kindah da same language, dos twos...don'tcha tink?

I can speak "Yooper" and a little "Minnesotan".."Side by each down the road we go eh?" "Holy Wha! lookit dat snow machine!" ..mm also pretty good at Spanish.....
white pine said:
I can speak "Yooper" and a little "Minnesotan".."Side by each down the road we go eh?" "Holy Wha! lookit dat snow machine!" ........
Kindah da same language, dos twos...don'tcha tink?
Yah, sure, but der is dem tingies...nooahncez..in Minnesotan...don't cho know...

Yooper! I have been reading about you in a book. Did I tell you I made stew with rutabaga last week after reading more about those Yooper Pasties! :).
Big rutabaga debate some like pasties with carrots instead! Must be rutabaga!! BTW the Yooper term for residents of the lower peninsula is "Trolls"; aka "Trolz", cause they live below the bridge!!

I learned that as well in that book. A derogatory term for those who come and traipse around the UP in the tourist season, from below the bridge. I might have to get on up there one of these days...when I buy the RV and hit the road. (Not any time soon, but I want too!)

Back