Can you suggest a name for my biz?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about: Inn Love
If you don't like that one, here are a few more:
Inn Discretion
Inn Cognito
Inn Your Face
Inn Doscopy
Inn Sensitive
Inn Your Dreams

ETA: I forgot INN SANE

Looks like last night she registered the best possible domain name...good call snagging that one, SS!

thanks to little blue's suggestion, i registerd the domain sitting inn ... i found some similar ... like sitting inn style ... but not that one. now i'm looking to see if other interims are using it (without a website) hopefully not. some i really liked and some do seem like insurance or medical care. others are really close to others that are taken. i love inn your place ... but taken. it's hard to find something original, isn't it?

thanks to little blue's suggestion, i registerd the domain sitting inn ... i found some similar ... like sitting inn style ... but not that one. now i'm looking to see if other interims are using it (without a website) hopefully not. some i really liked and some do seem like insurance or medical care. others are really close to others that are taken. i love inn your place ... but taken. it's hard to find something original, isn't it?.
Sitting Inn is an awesome name. I can't believe it wasn't taken. That's got to be a good sign. ;)

thanks to little blue's suggestion, i registerd the domain sitting inn ... i found some similar ... like sitting inn style ... but not that one. now i'm looking to see if other interims are using it (without a website) hopefully not. some i really liked and some do seem like insurance or medical care. others are really close to others that are taken. i love inn your place ... but taken. it's hard to find something original, isn't it?.
Sitting Inn is an awesome name. I can't believe it wasn't taken. That's got to be a good sign. ;)
thumbs_up.gif
fingers crossed

I agree.....GREAT name!

so, suellen sent me an email that sitting inn is being used by someone in her area and so is ' just sitting inn ' ... then i found a sitting inn in another area of the country. maybe there are more. so i start to wonder if some people just use a name but don't have a biz license under the name.
i had registered the domains for sittinginn since they were available ... so i will probably use the domains and modify my biz name a bit .. like sitting inn for you or sittin' inn or someting like that.

I think that unless a name were trademarked, you can have multiple businesses using the same name, especially if you are in a different state.
There are many B&Bs with the same name, but their locations are different and so their website domain names are slightly different. I can't imagine having a business name and not registering the domain name if it were available! When I did a google search for "sitting inn" I could only find an innsitting service called "Sitting Inn Style".

it seems that many innsitters haven't quite caught up with the web part of their business. coming at it from my angle where most of my guests found my place online, i guess i tend to think of the website first. because how will the innkeepers find me? maybe they find an innsitter through a group listing and then contact them in person.
interesting.
(shouldn't you be in bed?)
wink_smile.gif

it seems that many innsitters haven't quite caught up with the web part of their business. coming at it from my angle where most of my guests found my place online, i guess i tend to think of the website first. because how will the innkeepers find me? maybe they find an innsitter through a group listing and then contact them in person.
interesting.
wink_smile.gif
It's only 10:30 here. I haven't even closed out the cc processor yet. Now you know why I really deliver breakfast...I'm a night owl and hate to get up early. Unfortunately, a left over from my previous career.
Heyyyyyy.....you're the one who should be in bed! It's 1:30am for you!

interesting.
wink_smile.gif
It's only 10:30 here. I haven't even closed out the cc processor yet. Now you know why I really deliver breakfast...I'm a night owl and hate to get up early. Unfortunately, a left over from my previous career.
Heyyyyyy.....you're the one who should be in bed! It's 1:30am for you!
oh! different time zones!

so, suellen sent me an email that sitting inn is being used by someone in her area and so is ' just sitting inn ' ... then i found a sitting inn in another area of the country. maybe there are more. so i start to wonder if some people just use a name but don't have a biz license under the name.
i had registered the domains for sittinginn since they were available ... so i will probably use the domains and modify my biz name a bit .. like sitting inn for you or sittin' inn or someting like that..
Whoever is using the name probably just has a DBA, if that. That means no one else in her county can use the name. You could register as an LLC or a DBA using the same name. There is another Inn with my name in Alaska, and that has not impacted me in any way....of course, they don't have a website either.
I would think if someone was really serious, they would have a website. You could always call yours
"XXXXX's Sitting Inn" with the domain name www.sittinginn.com.

interesting.
wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
interesting.
wink_smile.gif
Our innsitters in Staunton, VA have a very basic but informative website. I think it's about four pages and has their photos on it.
RIki

seashanty said:
thanks to little blue's suggestion, i registerd the domain sitting inn ... i found some similar ... like sitting inn style ... but not that one. now i'm looking to see if other interims are using it (without a website) hopefully not. some i really liked and some do seem like insurance or medical care. others are really close to others that are taken. i love inn your place ... but taken. it's hard to find something original, isn't it?
I love it!
RIki

i had registered the domains for sittinginn since they were available ... so i will probably use the domains and modify my biz name a bit .. like sitting inn for you or sittin' inn or someting like that..
seashanty said:
In Ohio you can use any name that's not being used by someone else in Ohio. I registered my DBA (or whatever they call it here) with the state and I was good to go. Although my name's not a common one, as you say, there are lots of B&B's with shared names in different states.
If I were looking for an innsitter I'd either look online, ask around, or ask someone who had never done innsitting but who I already knew and trusted could do it (i.e., penelope).
=)
Kk.

I think that unless a name were trademarked, you can have multiple businesses using the same name, especially if you are in a different state.
There are many B&Bs with the same name, but their locations are different and so their website domain names are slightly different. I can't imagine having a business name and not registering the domain name if it were available! When I did a google search for "sitting inn" I could only find an innsitting service called "Sitting Inn Style"..
Right. In NY State you file DBA papers by the county so it is possible to have two businesses with the same name in different parts of the state.

Sea Shanty,
Since you would potentially be doing business in multiple States you wouldn't want to file a DBA with each state so it might be good to just have your name in the business and just use "sittiing inn" for the branding.
Like "Jane Doe - SItting Inn" That way you aren't really doing business under an alias.
Hmmm this raises another good point...state income taxes. You are supposed to file income tax in the state where the work was performed. (So as a designer I can work for a B&B in California, but I pay taxes in NY because that is where I performed the work.) If you work in multiple states (which it sounds like many inn sitters do) I think you'd have to file state taxes in multiple states. I'd be interested to hear from our established innsitters if there is a way around this headache.

Sea Shanty,
Since you would potentially be doing business in multiple States you wouldn't want to file a DBA with each state so it might be good to just have your name in the business and just use "sittiing inn" for the branding.
Like "Jane Doe - SItting Inn" That way you aren't really doing business under an alias.
Hmmm this raises another good point...state income taxes. You are supposed to file income tax in the state where the work was performed. (So as a designer I can work for a B&B in California, but I pay taxes in NY because that is where I performed the work.) If you work in multiple states (which it sounds like many inn sitters do) I think you'd have to file state taxes in multiple states. I'd be interested to hear from our established innsitters if there is a way around this headache..
swirt said:
Hmmm this raises another good point...state income taxes. You are supposed to file income tax in the state where the work was performed.
DH and I often commuted across state lines for work - lived in PA, worked in NY; lived in PA, worked in NJ, and so on. As a consultant I often worked across state lines as well. In a lot of states, services are taxed differently, so you have to investigate each circumstance, which unfortunately isn't easy. There is hardly any way to get around filing for other states, but most give credit if you pay taxes in another state already, like your home state. That's an interesting case, though - since this service is always being performed at the client's, unlike consulting or outsourced work where you may visit the client but the bulk of work is performed in your home office.

Back