Cancelations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice

Reaction score
In the last 19 hours I have had 2 cancel because of car trouble. Im ready to raise my prices to $1000.00 a night and then if they show up lowering it to what I would of charged! I have had so many cancel this month it is sickening! OK I feel better......

What is your cancellation policy. Have they paid for the cancellation?

Sorry you have had this problem. I believe JB had predicted this to be a big cancellation year and her prediction seems to be on target.

last month we had 12 cancellations, all within cancellation policy-most days were re booked and still were OK for the whole month.

We've just had odd cancellations. Guest shows up in a completely different state trying to check into a completely differently named hotel with their confirmation from here had the hotel clerk call us to cancel their rez for that night.
Another same day cancellation from a biz person who gave no reason at all.
And, as I mentioned before, I've had a ton of bad cc's when I've tried to run the deposits, just this past week
Another guest called to cancel but her friend was going to take her place. I don't mind that kind of cancel!

we havnt had many cancellations but two that are here for various nights and rooms (ie 1 company various people) they let me know they didn't need two rooms for last night but would pay if not resold. 1 resold for $50 more than they were paying and really helped out my neighbour. (they had tried to book through last min but card didn't process so no booking they didn't realise so turned up and no room! really nice french people though and it was even better for them as they are moving to another B&B for the next 6 nights and its about 200 meters from me!) BUt then we had a no show on friday for a single and the card didn't work so its swings and roundabouts.

Just had my 4th declined card in 10 days..
Alibi Ike said:
Just had my 4th declined card in 10 days.
Wow.
was having a good day but now I am really hacked off Booking was booked by daughter for parents 25th wedding anniversary was supposed to come at 7pm its now half past 8 number rings to a mobile and they arn't ringing back and have tried the card and it is declined have a feeling they arn't comming and now no way to get the money out of them. Also a reguar who booked last year to come tonight hasn't turned up have a feeling he isn't going to either. Am really cross!

Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
was having a good day but now I am really hacked off Booking was booked by daughter for parents 25th wedding anniversary was supposed to come at 7pm its now half past 8 number rings to a mobile and they arn't ringing back and have tried the card and it is declined have a feeling they arn't comming and now no way to get the money out of them. Also a reguar who booked last year to come tonight hasn't turned up have a feeling he isn't going to either. Am really cross!
the wedding people have just turned up 2 hours late so that's something anyway.

Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Exactly.
In your experience, when this happens do they ever make good on it? When you call, are there just excuses? No response? No shows?
Yes, I'm so curious too. This is NOT my experience at all, and I just don't understand why Alibi gets so many.

Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Exactly.
In your experience, when this happens do they ever make good on it? When you call, are there just excuses? No response? No shows?
Breakfast Diva said:
One was a no show (they had their hotel call to say there was a mistake, their card was declined after we tried to run it); one was a travel agent but we were able to contact the actual guest and he made good on it; 2 were cards that were declined because they had been hijacked and the guests had had them replaced.
So, if I were not taking deposits I would not have even known about the last 2; would have had an issue with the biz guest assuming his stay was paid for by the travel agency and the first one we would have contacted a week earlier had I run the deposit, which I didn't because it was a foreign card. Now I run them all.

Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Exactly.
Yes, I'm so curious too. This is NOT my experience at all, and I just don't understand why Alibi gets so many.
InnBloom said:
I'm a magnet for these things. Be thankful I take most of them out of circulation for everyone else! ;)

What is your cancellation policy. Have they paid for the cancellation?.
I had one guest cancel earlier this month because of the weather. This is their second cancel. Next time (if I recognize their name) I will charge first, with no refunds.

Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Exactly.
InnBloom said:
I'm a magnet for these things. Be thankful I take most of them out of circulation for everyone else! ;)
Alibi Ike said:
[/quote]
You also live in an area close enough to several mega cities to get their citizens as guests. People in mega-cities do not think like other people perhaps - they think they are better perhaps and operate with different rules.

Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Wow.
Exactly.
InnBloom said:
Alibi Ike said:
You also live in an area close enough to several mega cities to get their citizens as guests. People in mega-cities do not think like other people perhaps - they think they are better perhaps and operate with different rules.

[/QUOTE]
Interesting point...the cards in question were from IN and MO. One from overseas.

Back