Cancellation policy that doesn't budge!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Helping our guests tonight find a B&B for later in their trip. I happened upon a site with this cancellation policy:
" 7 days prior to scheduled arrival date, NO exceptions, even if God intervenes!"
Now that is a stiff cancellation policy!

And yet they will get someone who thinks it doesn't apply to them!

Sounds like they have been burned bad....
"Sounds like they have been burned bad..."
Or they really want to impresss upon anyone considering a reservation that they are a serious, professionally run, small business that isn't doing this as a hobby or to pick some extra dough. Among some travelers that is still their perception about B&Bs.
But they are stating it with a little humor to soften the inflexibility of it.
Considering most of us are trying to offer freshly prepared foods, and in many cases trying to be seasonal with things like produce, etc. we really do need more than the hotel industry standard of 24-48 notice for cancellations .
While our policy is probably one of the most liberal in our area, never it let it be said that it doesn't get tested or griped about occassionally.
A guess a good related question is are folks seeing more cancellations of late in this poor economy?
We saw far many more last summer and into the fall than all of our previous four years combined, then all of a sudden, nary a one the last six months.

Or they really want to impresss upon anyone considering a reservation that they are a serious, professionally run, small business that isn't doing this as a hobby or to pick some extra dough. Among some travelers that is still their perception about B&Bs.
Considering most of us are trying to offer freshly prepared foods, and in many cases trying to be seasonal with things like produce, etc. we really do need more than the hotel industry standard of 24-48 notice for cancellations .
While our policy is probably one of the most liberal in our area, never it let it be said that it doesn't get tested or griped about occassionally.
A guess a good related question is are folks seeing more cancellations of late in this poor economy?
We saw far many more last summer and into the fall than all of our previous four years combined, then all of a sudden, nary a one the last six months.
then all of a sudden, nary a one the last six months.
Oooh I hope you didn't just jinks yourself. ;)

then all of a sudden, nary a one the last six months.
Oooh I hope you didn't just jinks yourself. ;)
I hear ya'
Though we're both kind of crossing our fingers on the DNBA we're giving a second chance to who is arriving Thursday.
Not mean or unfriendly, but really loud, bounce off the walls types, extraordinary slobs and gigantic water wasters.
Not that we obsess on the water thing, but out here in the desert our water consumption is monitored closely by government and two or three full baths a day for not that active of folks is really over the top for a very "green" place like ours.
Of course they will only take the one room we have with a bathtub and our gorgeous, hilltop, outdoor hot tub doesn't appeal to them for some strange reason.

Not only have I not seen cancellations, I have more bookings than ever!

Not only have I not seen cancellations, I have more bookings than ever!
gillumhouse said:
I have more bookings than ever!
That's great! Congratulations
cheers.gif

Back