Cancellation - sigh

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
Hello....

I have been trying for several days now to call you... the message says
the call cannot be completed as dialed.... I am using the phone number from your
web site and from this email.....

I am contacting you to let you that we will be unable to stay at your B & B.
Our travel plans have changed... we are sorry as your place looks charming.

This e-mail will serve as our legal cancellation of reservation # XXXX , for Saturday, february,19,2011.

---------------------------------------------------
Good evening XXXX

Thank you for your email. I am not sure why you have been receiving that message – no one else has had a problem getting through to my phone, in fact I received calls on my business number and calls on my business number forwarded to my cell phone with no issues.

As you are aware, as a small Inn I depend on guaranteed reservations – losing one booking is 25% of my revenue. If you would please forward me a copy of any phone records showing that you tried calling prior to 2/12 or emailed prior to that date which will serve as your legal proof, I would be more than happy to waive the cancellation fee. The 7-day cancellation policy is clearly defined on my website, booking screen and my email confirmation.

Also, if I am able to resell the room at this late stage there will be no charge.

Thank you for your understanding.

Suggest they do a better job of dialing. If an incorrect number is dialed that is the message one gets.
I like your answer.

I have been trying for several days now to call you.Well if they had problems with the number the first day, why keep trying for 'several' days before emailing. This was not their problem just an excuse to try to put the problem as yours not theirs!
Good job asking for proof of attempted calls, not sure if REAL failed calls like this would show up or not in records.

TG I remembered to ask for proof of calls 'PRIOR TO 2/12' ....and yes I agree if I try reaching someone by phone and can't - and I NEED to reach them ... I email.
What really got my goat were their words "legal" cancellation .....

TG I remembered to ask for proof of calls 'PRIOR TO 2/12' ....and yes I agree if I try reaching someone by phone and can't - and I NEED to reach them ... I email.
What really got my goat were their words "legal" cancellation ......
No kidding. The addition of that one word says it all, doesn't it?

What really got my goat were their words "legal" cancellation ......
And your so sly rebuttal with 'legal' proof....
wink_smile.gif

It is a pile of pants if you were determined to cancel you would get through! I would send a fax, email, phone, text carrier pigeon.

Our voice message says that cancellations MUST be made via email and you will get a confirmation of that...always better to have it in writing.
Here's hoping you will have nice weather this weekend and be able to rebook the canceled room.

Back