Candle Wax on Tablecloth

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I spilled red candle wax on our tablecloth this mroning. Any sure fire ways to remove it effectively? I thought I read you invert it and iron on warm and peel it off? Does anyone know for sure before I destroy it?

Try freezing it and then breaking off as much as you can. For what remains, a few pieces of paper towel under an iron should draw it out.

Try freezing it and then breaking off as much as you can. For what remains, a few pieces of paper towel under an iron should draw it out..
swirt said:
Try freezing it and then breaking off as much as you can. For what remains, a few pieces of paper towel under an iron should draw it out.
I have done this on a rug that someone spilled wax on - pick off as much as you can, then iron it with a clean cloth and a warm (not superhot) iron. It really did get most of the wax out, but you might have a problem with the red dye. Maybe after the wax is out, try a spot remover.

There is a candle wax remover that you can buy too. I've had good luck with it. You scrape off the wax and then use this liquid solvent. Launder as usual.

first the ice to pull off the bits
then iron on medium
paper bag on the candle wax
press iron on the bag to remove most of the wax
the red dye - maybe oxyclean, maybe red erase ... what color is the tablecloth?

The tablecloth is multicolored floral print on an off white background, and the red wax has effectively goen right through to the other side - I flipped it over to see how I could attack this. Paper bag! Thanks for that reminder, I think I did that before.

I had a white tablecloth that my niece gave to me because it had red wax on it from candles. I froze in freezer and with dull knife, scraped all wax off. (didn't use the iron as others have suggested) Then soaked in hot water with laundry detergent and oxyclean until the red stains were gone. Had to redo the hot water and detergent and oxyclean a couple of times.

Back