Cant find banana bread recipe on innspiring?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
someone asked me for my banana bread recipe and i can't find the paper print out so i said, oh it's on innspiring.com ... just look under recipes ... i think in 'bread' or if not then in 'snacks' she couldn't find the recipe so i came in and ... i can't either?
is it gone?
or is it me?

I tried searching for it but it doesn't look like the search feature works on recipes.

i think my recipe went away .......
cry_smile.gif

found the paper copy here.
if anyone needs it posted again on forum, i will.

I tried searching for it but it doesn't look like the search feature works on recipes..
You are welcome to use our "best ever banana nut bread" recipe while you continue to search. I have it on the computer so will simply paste it below...will try to load to recipes in the future. This bread smells delicious while cooking! You may use your ripest bananas when they are too brown to put out for guests, but are still within the "muffinizing" stage.
Becky's Best Ever Banana Nut Bread
1 and ¾ C all purpose flour
1 and ½ C sugar
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
2 eggs
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed – 1 Cup
½ C vegetable oil
¼ C plus 1 T buttermilk
1 t vanilla extract
1 c chopped walnuts

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts. Pour into a greased 9 in x 5 in x 3 in baking pan. (We use a pan with 8 little individual loaves and cook half the time.) Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf. Or 8 mini loaves cooked 30 min. Also good for muffins. Muffins take 18 - 25 minutes to cook and are great with cream cheese.
[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]

I tried searching for it but it doesn't look like the search feature works on recipes..
You are welcome to use our "best ever banana nut bread" recipe while you continue to search. I have it on the computer so will simply paste it below...will try to load to recipes in the future. This bread smells delicious while cooking! You may use your ripest bananas when they are too brown to put out for guests, but are still within the "muffinizing" stage.
1 and ½ C sugar
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
2 eggs
½ C vegetable oil
¼ C plus 1 T buttermilk
1 t vanilla extract
1 c chopped walnuts

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts. Pour into a greased 9 in x 5 in x 3 in baking pan. (We use a pan with 8 little individual loaves and cook half the time.) Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf. Or 8 mini loaves cooked 30 min. Also good for muffins. Muffins take 18 - 25 minutes to cook and are great with cream cheese.
[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]
OOPS, format messy, here it is again. T = Tablespoon, t - teaspoon.
1 and ½ C sugar
1 t baking soda
½ t salt2 eggs
½ C vegetable oil
¼ C plus 1 T buttermilk
1 t vanilla extract
1 c chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts. Pour into a greased 9 in x 5 in x 3 in baking pan. (We use a pan with 8 little individual loaves and cook half the time.) Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf. Or 8 mini loaves cooked 30 min. Also good for muffins. Muffins take 18 - 25 minutes to cook and are great with cream cheese.

Mountain Inn - Question: I always make banana bread with very ripe bananas, basically when they are too ripe for my peeling and eating fresh taste. That is the real reason I ever make it, if I don't use them, I freeze them and make it later on. This recipe calls for medium ripe, is there a reason? Is the banana flavor stronger in medium ripe vs real ripe? Just wondering and thought I would ask.

i really think the recipe used to be here, in innspiring, under recipes. but maybe it was in a post. anyway it's very similar to mountain inn ... i had already found the paper copy and sent a scan to my friend. but thank you mountain inn.
very ripe bananas are what i use ... the more disgusting they look, the better the banana bread.
i find that the over-ripe banana has a very strong flavor. and that's what i want.

i really think the recipe used to be here, in innspiring, under recipes. but maybe it was in a post. anyway it's very similar to mountain inn ... i had already found the paper copy and sent a scan to my friend. but thank you mountain inn.
very ripe bananas are what i use ... the more disgusting they look, the better the banana bread.
i find that the over-ripe banana has a very strong flavor. and that's what i want..
I use the "VERY" ripe bananas as well...but didn't want to openly admit that in the recipe description. Feel free to change it. Flavor is great!!!

i find that the over-ripe banana has a very strong flavor. and that's what i want..
I use the "VERY" ripe bananas as well...but didn't want to openly admit that in the recipe description. Feel free to change it. Flavor is great!!!
We called them "wounded" bananas.

It was probably in a post and got burried as opposed to being entered in the recipe section. It certainly didn't get deleted.
Unfortunately Google is messing around with the index and since the search feature of this site uses Google. A lot is unaccounted for. One day they are showing nearly 19,000 pages as being indexed.That's about 4X more than we actually have and then the next day it shows under 500 pages indexed which is 10% of what we have. This flip flopping has been going on for a few weeks now.

Mountain Inn said:
BUT BUT BUT YOU SHARED IT WITH THE FORUM!
So you didn't want to put squishy black bananas and have someone call from the grocery store "I can't find any squishy black bananas!" :)
Here I thought I had missed the "ol' 'nana train" altogether.

Back