Can't Take Any More

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep your head up. Does you dishwasher have salt? Some machines need salt. Or rinse agent?.
Apart from the heater and leak problems we had back in June the dishwasher was working perfectly. Suddenly it's leaving this white film on glasses and they look horrible. In fact you know when you open the dishwasher at the end of the program and sometimes you get little pools of water in the underside of cups and mugs, it's milky looking.
I did buy a supermarket brand rinse aid recently (I normally do this, but not this supermarket) so I've started using the expensive one, no difference.
I wondered if the salt or rinse aid dispensers were blocked internally so I set the machine on multi-tab and used, er, um.. multi-tabs. No difference.
I've run the machine empty a couple of times on "intensive" to make sure it's clean and I've scrubbed the filters.
I'm beginning to think I might need to call the engineer back, but I can't think what might be physically wrong with the machine that would cause this.
Run the machine with less detergent and add some vinegar and see if that works. People often put in more detergent than needed. Or worse, they rinse the dishes first and the detergent has nothing to "eat" so it etches the glasses. Vinegar should help. To me it sounds like the rock salt in the machine may have a problem.
I use Eco tablets so the dosage of detergent is always the same. The vinegar works a treat but I don't want to have to do that at the end of every wash.

Thanks everyone for your support and dishwasher suggestions.
Still have the problem and if anything it's getting worse. Considering buying a new dishwasher, but........
I will ask the washing machine repair man if he has any ideas when he calls tomorrow.

Still have the problem and if anything it's getting worse. Considering buying a new dishwasher, but........
I will ask the washing machine repair man if he has any ideas when he calls tomorrow..
5 letter word starting with the letter B and ending in OSCH. It cleans so well that I wonder sometimes if I actually need the soap.

I will ask the washing machine repair man if he has any ideas when he calls tomorrow..
5 letter word starting with the letter B and ending in OSCH. It cleans so well that I wonder sometimes if I actually need the soap.
i agree. i just had my niece buy one and she loves hers. b o s c h

I had a B dishwasher in the b&b and loved it. When we had to put a commercial dishwasher in for our restaurant license, we moved the B to our owner's quarters. It's so quiet and you don't have to wash the dishes before they go into the washer.

Keep your head up. Does you dishwasher have salt? Some machines need salt. Or rinse agent?.
Apart from the heater and leak problems we had back in June the dishwasher was working perfectly. Suddenly it's leaving this white film on glasses and they look horrible. In fact you know when you open the dishwasher at the end of the program and sometimes you get little pools of water in the underside of cups and mugs, it's milky looking.
I did buy a supermarket brand rinse aid recently (I normally do this, but not this supermarket) so I've started using the expensive one, no difference.
I wondered if the salt or rinse aid dispensers were blocked internally so I set the machine on multi-tab and used, er, um.. multi-tabs. No difference.
I've run the machine empty a couple of times on "intensive" to make sure it's clean and I've scrubbed the filters.
I'm beginning to think I might need to call the engineer back, but I can't think what might be physically wrong with the machine that would cause this.
Run the machine with less detergent and add some vinegar and see if that works. People often put in more detergent than needed. Or worse, they rinse the dishes first and the detergent has nothing to "eat" so it etches the glasses. Vinegar should help. To me it sounds like the rock salt in the machine may have a problem.
I use Eco tablets so the dosage of detergent is always the same. The vinegar works a treat but I don't want to have to do that at the end of every wash.
we have a Beko - we chose it because you can flatten out the racking areas which I find very useful

i agree. i just had my niece buy one and she loves hers. b o s c h
That's actually the make I've been looking at.

Back