Captcha forms

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi folks,
Somewhere in this forum I suggested captcha forms to eliminate spam..
The consensus in the forum is that people don't like them, don't use them, and Innkeepers/web owners don't always get the comments/email from the form.
A captcha/form is a preference, and a tool, and not everyone will want to use it on either end - the user/or the owner.
But a solution, nonetheless! It really just depends on what you want
regular_smile.gif

My email learns my spam and trashes it. Not interested.
RIki

As of March 31 I now own P&P. I have one editor working with me, Laura Lili. The directory business is a very tough road to travel and we try hard. However, the competition is so stiff and there are so many options for the B&B owners it is hard to win their business. I'm glad we started, but I must admit we probably feel victim to what 90% of the new B&B directory startups fall vicitm to.... the logic kind of goes like this
"We think there are 20,000 B&Bs world wide, if we can get 10% of those paying us $100 a year, we would have $200,000 in revenue."
Much easier thought than done.
I'm not really sure what you are trying to do. But one thing to keep in mind is the people in this community, owners and service providers, are very diverse. You've got semi-retired IT professionals to fortuane 500 marketing wizs to computer novices and everything in between creating the tapestry of this industry. Point of this is don't assume 'they' need to be educated on anything, it can really rub people the wrong way.
You're welcome to plug us, we always appreciate the exposure.
Paul

As of March 31 I now own P&P. I have one editor working with me, Laura Lili. The directory business is a very tough road to travel and we try hard. However, the competition is so stiff and there are so many options for the B&B owners it is hard to win their business. I'm glad we started, but I must admit we probably feel victim to what 90% of the new B&B directory startups fall vicitm to.... the logic kind of goes like this
"We think there are 20,000 B&Bs world wide, if we can get 10% of those paying us $100 a year, we would have $200,000 in revenue."
I'm not really sure what you are trying to do. But one thing to keep in mind is the people in this community, owners and service providers, are very diverse. You've got semi-retired IT professionals to fortuane 500 marketing wizs to computer novices and everything in between creating the tapestry of this industry. Point of this is don't assume 'they' need to be educated on anything, it can really rub people the wrong way.
Paul.
Well said Paul.
On a side note: You haven't always owned P&P?

Paul.
You got it Paul.
Riki

Paul.
Paul,
I wish you tremendous success and satisfaction!!
regular_smile.gif

[NOTE: This comment was edited by MarketingMojo after Gillumhouse made her reply. The original comment, before it was edited, was not appropriate. This kind of game playing has lead me to block MarketingMojo's account so that she is unable to continue to play games with other members existing responses. -Swirt]

It appears that the "marketing experts" are suffering more from the economic downturn than we inns are. Desperate to get new clients, looks like.
Riki

Paul.
Paul,
regular_smile.gif

[NOTE: This comment was edited by MarketingMojo after Gillumhouse made her reply. The original comment, before it was edited, was not appropriate. This kind of game playing has lead me to block MarketingMojo's account so that she is unable to continue to play games with other members existing responses. -Swirt]
I am not going to change what I posted as happened above. Suddenly an insult gets turned into sweetness and honey. I will not make the mistake of not including a quote again. It is nice that this person went back and removed ALL evidence of what was said to imply the people on this Forum were ignorant of how to market or of much of anything else. This entry has been added because MarketingMojo when called to account chose to remove every comment she made on this Forum, although she may have missed one or two - did not have the moral courage to stand by her statements. Well I do!
Excuse me, could you give it a rest. WE all know Paul and he has more knowledge in his little finger than a few experts. Please skip the "I don't know what you are talking" about routine.
And before I make you my first ever ignore, relief audit at a 120 (or 118) room motel is a piece of cake. I know as I did 10 years as relief on Fri/Sat since those were my only available nights due to my full-time job (my auditor thought he had died and gone to heaven to have weekends off) at a 203 room hotel with banquet, bar, and restaurant in a big city suburb of a BIG city and was everything (meaning on my own) - front desk, reservations, phones, posting, balancing, manager on duty, etc and other than experience of working with the public and balancing reports it taught me NOTHING about B & B.
We have tried to nicely explain that almost everyone on here has a SUCCESSFUL business or is the processs thereof. Those who are aspiring are asking sensible questions and getting blunt answers. Your response to Paul is insulting. I usually try to make peace - in this case, because of the insult to my intelligence since I cannot speak for others - and I did try to be nice in the very beginning with a candid and truthful answer to your first inquiry - I am going to ask that you just bugger off.

Paul.
Paul,
regular_smile.gif

I am not going to change what I posted as happened above. Suddenly an insult gets turned into sweetness and honey. I will not make the mistake of not including a quote again. It is nice that this person went back and removed ALL evidence of what was said to imply the people on this Forum were ignorant of how to market or of much of anything else. This entry has been added because MarketingMojo when called to account chose to remove every comment she made on this Forum, although she may have missed one or two - did not have the moral courage to stand by her statements. Well I do!
Excuse me, could you give it a rest. WE all know Paul and he has more knowledge in his little finger than a few experts. Please skip the "I don't know what you are talking" about routine.
And before I make you my first ever ignore, relief audit at a 120 (or 118) room motel is a piece of cake. I know as I did 10 years as relief on Fri/Sat since those were my only available nights due to my full-time job (my auditor thought he had died and gone to heaven to have weekends off) at a 203 room hotel with banquet, bar, and restaurant in a big city suburb of a BIG city and was everything (meaning on my own) - front desk, reservations, phones, posting, balancing, manager on duty, etc and other than experience of working with the public and balancing reports it taught me NOTHING about B & B.
We have tried to nicely explain that almost everyone on here has a SUCCESSFUL business or is the processs thereof. Those who are aspiring are asking sensible questions and getting blunt answers. Your response to Paul is insulting. I usually try to make peace - in this case, because of the insult to my intelligence since I cannot speak for others - and I did try to be nice in the very beginning with a candid and truthful answer to your first inquiry - I am going to ask that you just bugger off.
Thank You Gillumhouse! Reading Mojo's comments made me squirm and want to barf. The over the top flattery and "sincerity" was making it hard to read this forum!
I prefer the nice honest blunt and sometimes sarcastic sincerity that is normal here, makes me feel more at home!

Paul.
Paul,
regular_smile.gif

Thank You Gillumhouse! Reading Mojo's comments made me squirm and want to barf. The over the top flattery and "sincerity" was making it hard to read this forum!
I prefer the nice honest blunt and sometimes sarcastic sincerity that is normal here, makes me feel more at home!
white pine said:
You like that aye?
cheers.gif

Back