Cardio Guest Room

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
They have go to be exercising up there, back and forth back and forth dozens and dozens of times across the wood floor. No way in the world any person can go across a floor this many times.
The other interesting fact is they brought more stuff than I have (almost) ever seen. The Nutty professor with his boxes may have had more. This is the smallest room, of course, all other rooms were available at time of booking. Trip after trip to the vehicle to bring in loads of stuff. 2 nights. I am sure we are not the only stop...

:( I have learned that the stompers (what I call them) turn out to be PITAS. There is a guest room directly above our bedroom, and it always amazes me how some guests can be there and you would never know, and other guests can be in there and it sounds as if they all morphed into sumo wrestlers once the door closed....

In 8 years this is the first time my cat is on our bed staring up at the ceiling. She stomps down the stairs, stomps across the floor, stomp stomp stomp. One more night...

In 8 years this is the first time my cat is on our bed staring up at the ceiling. She stomps down the stairs, stomps across the floor, stomp stomp stomp. One more night....
Sounds like me the last few months in business. It is not that any of the guests were that bad, but every sound I heard made it impossible for me to sleep, I was on edge so much.... I just wanted them all out of my house
embaressed_smile.gif

The topic got me to thinking. Maybe I shoulde put my old exercise bike in one of the guest rooms and then advertise it as my "workout" guest room.

The topic got me to thinking. Maybe I shoulde put my old exercise bike in one of the guest rooms and then advertise it as my "workout" guest room..
I think that would be fun!
I think I worked this out, I think the little woman in her boots is on the phone a lot, and paces back and forth while talking. I am pretty sure that is it! I went up and saw another pair of heeled boots and it made me think, hm.

:( I have learned that the stompers (what I call them) turn out to be PITAS. There is a guest room directly above our bedroom, and it always amazes me how some guests can be there and you would never know, and other guests can be in there and it sounds as if they all morphed into sumo wrestlers once the door closed.....
We had stompers in this week in the room above our lounge, banging and crashing about.Even the lady who house-sat for us on Thursday when we went to the theatre commented about how noisy they were.
They wrote on the guest questionaire that they didn't think the lowest setting on the TV volume was low enough and were concerned it was disturbing us. We were more concerned about them coming through the ceiling.

I am happy today, tennis shoes. YEAH! What a difference..
Yep, probably the boots. The noisiest "stomper" we had was a guy who wore cowboy boots all the time. He was a smoker and was up and down the stairs and outside all night long. For some reason he paced in the room, too. That room has a nice sitting area with comfy wing back chairs to relax in. I think these people must have too much nervous energy! That was a loooooooooooooooooooong 2 night stay here and I still remember those guests when so many of the others I don't recall at all.
I hope your two nights are better, JB!!

A couple times we've had what we call "heel walkers". They walk on their heels, not on the ball of the foot or the toes. It doesn't matter what footwear they have on or if they're in their stocking feet, they thump around like a giant Frankenstein.
Try it yourself. Try walking without using the front half of your feet. Can't do it quietly. I don't know if it's a health problem or just the gait they've always had but I can't believe they don't know what they sound like.

A couple times we've had what we call "heel walkers". They walk on their heels, not on the ball of the foot or the toes. It doesn't matter what footwear they have on or if they're in their stocking feet, they thump around like a giant Frankenstein.
Try it yourself. Try walking without using the front half of your feet. Can't do it quietly. I don't know if it's a health problem or just the gait they've always had but I can't believe they don't know what they sound like..
Flat feet maybe.
I had a couple last week I called "Mr Concrete Slippers" he was a stomper, up and down the stairs, stomp...stomp...stomp. The whole house shook, every thing hanging on the walls was swinging. It was as if the giant from Jack in the beanstalk was in the house!
They are gone. She wore tennies today and what a difference! She DUG her feet in as she walked up the stairs. Hard to describe, but another very loud way to walk.

Try it yourself. Try walking without using the front half of your feet. Can't do it quietly. I don't know if it's a health problem or just the gait they've always had but I can't believe they don't know what they sound like..
Flat feet maybe.
I had a couple last week I called "Mr Concrete Slippers" he was a stomper, up and down the stairs, stomp...stomp...stomp. The whole house shook, every thing hanging on the walls was swinging. It was as if the giant from Jack in the beanstalk was in the house!
They are gone. She wore tennies today and what a difference! She DUG her feet in as she walked up the stairs. Hard to describe, but another very loud way to walk.
JB, do you have a list of these nicknames that you've given your guests? That would be a hysterical glossary right there?
wink_smile.gif

Flat feet maybe.
JB, do you have a list of these nicknames that you've given your guests? That would be a hysterical glossary right there?
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
You don't wanna know!

Shoes I hate to see when I open the front door: cowboy boots, stilettos, heels of any kind, flipflops.
Cowboy boots have no flex so it's a constant thunk, thunk with every step. Stilettos are just wrong in so many ways and do not go with uneven floors in old houses. Heels of any kind and I'm cleaning scuff marks for a week. Flipflops on adults because that usually turns out to be an 'I just can't get over myself' idjit.
Shoes that I have no trouble with: hiking boots (lots of flex), sneakers, flat-soled shoes like loafers or topsiders, regular sandals, European-made shoes, clogs (not the solid wood ones).
OK, somewhere in there is the secret to the perfect guest...flexibility. AHA! they wear shoes that suit their personalities!
I lived in an apartment as a child so I know exactly how loud shoes are. The lady downstairs would beat on her ceiling with a broom when I made too much noise. (Wish now that I could see that ceiling.
wink_smile.gif
)

Flat feet maybe.
Joey Bloggs said:
Flat feet maybe.
That is why our daughter the cop always lives on the top floor. She works nights and told me she cannot stand to have anyone live above her - she would be shooting them through the ceiling.

Back