Carpet 'christening'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
It had to happen eventually, right? The first stain on the new carpet...
Obviously, we do not know exactly what happened, but my best guess is the little boy we had here peed on the rug. It just has that look to it.

I've had VERY GOOD luck with OxyClean for rugs in the green spray bottle. It is very good with organic stain material. ...use your imagination. One thing with urine is that the urine might bleach the material.
I routinely put chocolate on the pillows at night. One man, a very overweight attorney who has since passed on, slept on it. on BRAND NEW SHEETS! I was very upset, but used OxyClean and after the first wash or two, you couldn't tell.

Oh man, and they want to know why we won't take children....!
Riki

I've had VERY GOOD luck with OxyClean for rugs in the green spray bottle. It is very good with organic stain material. ...use your imagination. One thing with urine is that the urine might bleach the material.
I routinely put chocolate on the pillows at night. One man, a very overweight attorney who has since passed on, slept on it. on BRAND NEW SHEETS! I was very upset, but used OxyClean and after the first wash or two, you couldn't tell..
I've got Resolve. I've sprayed it and dabbed it and I'll have another look when it's dry to see if I can find it again. Of course, this is brand new carpet so I had to go up in the attic to where we have the 'extra' pieces stored to do a test sample. I HAD the sample from the store but I think I tossed it. SO unlike me. I save all of that small sample stuff to take with me when I'm shopping. BUT, I know the carpet pieces in the attic are exactly the same as what's on the floor, so better to test it on that.

Gonzo is the best stain remover I've ever used. Non toxic, odorless, and colorless. If you can't find it I'll be happy to send you some. Works great on blood and grass stains too!

Samster said:
I am with you, Riki! We had a 2 year here and I was getting Cheerios and crumbs out of places that I didn't even know about!
Sorry but that was a really bad visual for me.
whattha.gif

Riki.
I am with you, Riki! We had a 2 year old here and I was getting Cheerios and crumbs out of places that I didn't even know about!
Not to mention the computer games if they are older. I will never forget watching my nephews on DH's side take apart the tv system in a B&B in Vermont to hook up their computer games in the common room. They could not get their games to work and when they were finished we could not get the tv back to work either.
If that happened here we don't have the patience to figure it out and would have to pay Best Buy to come out and reassemble it. No thanks
We also have computerized spa showers and I could just see them punching all the buttons and getting water everywhere.
RIki

Riki.
I am with you, Riki! We had a 2 year old here and I was getting Cheerios and crumbs out of places that I didn't even know about!
Not to mention the computer games if they are older. I will never forget watching my nephews on DH's side take apart the tv system in a B&B in Vermont to hook up their computer games in the common room. They could not get their games to work and when they were finished we could not get the tv back to work either.
If that happened here we don't have the patience to figure it out and would have to pay Best Buy to come out and reassemble it. No thanks
We also have computerized spa showers and I could just see them punching all the buttons and getting water everywhere.
RIki
egoodell said:
RIki
I have had adults do this so it is not just kids.

Riki.
RIki
egoodell said:
My children live in a B&B. They have their own shower. They really do. We go to a hotel and I walk in and see the shower curtain OUT of the tub while they are showering!! WHAT THE! They get in deep doo doo. They do MINDLESS IDIOTIC things like this all the time (bless their widdle hearts)
Is this the reason adults do this as well?
Yeah yeah nobody's perfect...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
I wouldn't let our kids within 10 feet of a computerized spa shower. I would PUT THEM IN turn it on and TAKE THEM OUT, or hose them down in the yard instead.

Riki.
RIki
I would be intimidated by a computerized Spa shower. I guess I am just an ignoramous from the hollers. I could not figure out how to use a jetted tub the one time I had one in my room. So label me what you wish, I have traveled a lot but in the days before all this stuff. I always was gratefull for running water and a flusher. If that works, I got what I need!

Riki.
RIki
egoodell said:
My children live in a B&B. They have their own shower. They really do. We go to a hotel and I walk in and see the shower curtain OUT of the tub while they are showering!! WHAT THE! They get in deep doo doo. They do MINDLESS IDIOTIC things like this all the time (bless their widdle hearts)
Is this the reason adults do this as well?
Yeah yeah nobody's perfect...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
I wouldn't let our kids within 10 feet of a computerized spa shower. I would PUT THEM IN turn it on and TAKE THEM OUT, or hose them down in the yard instead.
We get mindless adults who we can't figure out if they are not closing the door properly or are fooling around in the shower with the jets. Not often, but occaisonally which causes water to pool on the floor outside the shower door.
Can you imagine what kids playing in there would do if these adults can't watch what they're doing??
RIki

Riki.
RIki
I would be intimidated by a computerized Spa shower. I guess I am just an ignoramous from the hollers. I could not figure out how to use a jetted tub the one time I had one in my room. So label me what you wish, I have traveled a lot but in the days before all this stuff. I always was gratefull for running water and a flusher. If that works, I got what I need!
You don't have to use the computer. One chrome knob turns the shower on. The other knob adjusts the temperature. On the side is the computer where you can turn on ilghts (causing a "beam me up, Scottie!" look), turn on jets, turn on a radio, etc. So you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
My point is the computer is like any other and playing too much with the buttons causes us to have to go to the back and figure out what's loose.
RIki

Riki.
RIki
egoodell said:
RIki
I have had adults do this so it is not just kids.
I know that, but having been a kid once myself, there is a higher probability of them doing it. If they cram cheerios into cracks everywhere I can just imagine what the'd do with the shower, or our electric fireplace, or the electric fence around the vineyard....and I know from other innkeeper's reports how parents DON'T watch them as they dive headfirst into water fountains, and run outside to play without shoes (posion ivy and wasps on our property comes to mind) etc.
Riki

Riki.
RIki
You don't have to use the computer. One chrome knob turns the shower on. The other knob adjusts the temperature. On the side is the computer where you can turn on ilghts (causing a "beam me up, Scottie!" look), turn on jets, turn on a radio, etc. So you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
My point is the computer is like any other and playing too much with the buttons causes us to have to go to the back and figure out what's loose.
RIki
Not putting it down, mind you, just saying it is not just the kids who would have a problem. Never saw one of "them thar thangs" and would not know what it was all about myself. And I am willing to admit it! You probably get a lot of folks who are familiar with al the latest and greatest thingamabobs. Here in Podunk they are surprised we have wood floors and indoor plumbing.

Riki.
RIki
RIki
Not putting it down, mind you, just saying it is not just the kids who would have a problem. Never saw one of "them thar thangs" and would not know what it was all about myself. And I am willing to admit it! You probably get a lot of folks who are familiar with al the latest and greatest thingamabobs. Here in Podunk they are surprised we have wood floors and indoor plumbing.
Oh I know you were not putting it down! And most of the folks we check in are absolutely not familiar with it. That's why I point to the one handle for "on" and the other handle for "adjust". Easy to operate - just like a regular shower. You don't have to mess with the computer pad if you don't want to. Even the elderly have had no problems with it.
Riki

Riki.
RIki
RIki
Oh I know you were not putting it down! And most of the folks we check in are absolutely not familiar with it. That's why I point to the one handle for "on" and the other handle for "adjust". Easy to operate - just like a regular shower. You don't have to mess with the computer pad if you don't want to. Even the elderly have had no problems with it.
Riki
Thank ya kindly, Dearie. Just teasing.

Back