Casserole recipe with diced potatoes?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
One of our standby recipes is shredded hashbrowns/egg, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has a casserole recipe for the small diced home fried potatoes? Just to switch it up a little bit. Thanks in advance!

Have you ever tried the pre-packaged O'brian potatoes? They're the right size and are include chopped peppers and onions already included.

Have you ever tried the pre-packaged O'brian potatoes? They're the right size and are include chopped peppers and onions already included..
We use the frozen bags of hashbrowns, I will look to see if we can get the brand you are describing. I suppose my recipe will be the same for the diced potato casserole as for the shredded...

Have you ever tried the pre-packaged O'brian potatoes? They're the right size and are include chopped peppers and onions already included..
We use the frozen bags of hashbrowns, I will look to see if we can get the brand you are describing. I suppose my recipe will be the same for the diced potato casserole as for the shredded...
InnsiderInfo said:
I suppose my recipe will be the same for the diced potato casserole as for the shredded...
That's what I was thinking. Just a different texture.
DW does one that layers whole chili peppers flattened on the bottom then cooked bulk sausage, hash browns then eggs and cheese. It's all topped with diced tomatoes with chillis. We serve it with salsa, jalepeños and sour cream on the side.

I make the cheesy potato pie recipe from this site with either shredded potatoes or diced. I like the southwest style of Simply Potatoes, then I don't add any chiles to the mix. The recipe seems to work well with either style of potatoes.

Thank you all, these are some great suggestions.
Does anyone else have the cookbook Sleep On It? Someone got me that as a gift when we bought the inn, they are all make the day before recipes and there are some great ones in it. I just made one that is pre-cooked scrambled eggs with an american cheese sauce, then has bread crumb topping. It looks delicious and it's flexible with what ingredients you can add to it (meat, veggies, etc.). I'm going to experiement with some of the make-ahead sweet breakfasts and see how they come out.

Does anyone else have the cookbook Sleep On It? Someone got me that as a gift when we bought the inn, they are all make the day before recipes and there are some great ones in it. I just made one that is pre-cooked scrambled eggs with an american cheese sauce, then has bread crumb topping. It looks delicious and it's flexible with what ingredients you can add to it (meat, veggies, etc.). I'm going to experiement with some of the make-ahead sweet breakfasts and see how they come out..
We always made some sort of overnight french toast concoction.Here's an idea for you
I can't find the thread now, but when we were discussing food photos...here's a link that has some amazing looking pics. Many from innCuisine.

Does anyone else have the cookbook Sleep On It? Someone got me that as a gift when we bought the inn, they are all make the day before recipes and there are some great ones in it. I just made one that is pre-cooked scrambled eggs with an american cheese sauce, then has bread crumb topping. It looks delicious and it's flexible with what ingredients you can add to it (meat, veggies, etc.). I'm going to experiement with some of the make-ahead sweet breakfasts and see how they come out..
We always made some sort of overnight french toast concoction.Here's an idea for you
I can't find the thread now, but when we were discussing food photos...here's a link that has some amazing looking pics. Many from innCuisine.
catlady said:
The subject was diced potatoes.
poke.gif

catlady said:
poke.gif

I'm going to experiement with some of the make-ahead sweet breakfasts and see how they come out.
This was also mentioned...so I shared..sorry if you think I hijacked the thread. Worse than this has been done before. at least it still on a food topic
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
poke.gif

I'm going to experiement with some of the make-ahead sweet breakfasts and see how they come out.
This was also mentioned...so I shared..sorry if you think I hijacked the thread. Worse than this has been done before. at least it still on a food topic
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
No harm done. It was a good-natured poke of the stick among friends.

InnsiderInfo said:
Does anyone else have the cookbook Sleep On It? Someone got me that as a gift when we bought the inn, they are all make the day before recipes and there are some great ones in it. I just made one that is pre-cooked scrambled eggs with an american cheese sauce, then has bread crumb topping. It looks delicious and it's flexible with what ingredients you can add to it (meat, veggies, etc.). I'm going to experiement with some of the make-ahead sweet breakfasts and see how they come out.
Funny you should ask about this book. I just pulled it out yesterday to try to find some new recipes. This time of the year I get sick of doing the same recipes over and over. On page 132 is a recipe for Savory Artichoke Potato with Rosemary. I've never made it, but it looks interesting.

what a great site! thank you.

InnsiderInfo said:
Funny you should ask about this book. I just pulled it out yesterday to try to find some new recipes. This time of the year I get sick of doing the same recipes over and over. On page 132 is a recipe for Savory Artichoke Potato with Rosemary. I've never made it, but it looks interesting.
Breakfast Diva said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Would you mind posting that recipe? Sounds delish!!!
Riki

Back