Casting Call for B&B reality series

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Pulling up this old thread, as it somewhat seemed to relate to what happened to us.
I had an ad on craigslist for a cleaning person, and got a response from someone who "wanted to do a reality series in our area on B&Bs and that I should call them" A "TJ Studios" with a CT landline number. Could not find much googling them.
Sounds like a scam, but not sure. Thoughts?.
Why would an established studio wanting to do a series on local b&b's contact someone with an ad for cleaning people on Craigslist?
I know of a few area businesses who've made their own videos and shopped them around trying to get a reality show of their own. (they weren't selected). Every so often those channels that have loads of these shows will put out a call.
I have seen ads for this kind of thing on Craigslist but they want to represent you for a fee. Just go to the site, go to gigs and type in reality show. Might be what these folks are doing.
I thought you were in the process of buying a property not that you had one?
undersea said:
Hi,
Pulling up this old thread, as it somewhat seemed to relate to what happened to us.
I had an ad on craigslist for a cleaning person, and got a response from someone who "wanted to do a reality series in our area on B&Bs and that I should call them" A "TJ Studios" with a CT landline number. Could not find much googling them.
Sounds like a scam, but not sure. Thoughts?

They have come here.
If you are interested ask them to send you some info. Don't give them any info. Craigslist is a hot plate for scams. But there are real people there too, as we know, you are real.

Hi,
Why would an established studio wanting to do a series on local b&b's contact someone with an ad for cleaning people on Craigslist?
I know of a few area businesses who've made their own videos and shopped them around trying to get a reality show of their own. (they weren't selected). Every so often those channels that have loads of these shows will put out a call.
I have seen ads for this kind of thing on Craigslist but they want to represent you for a fee. Just go to the site, go to gigs and type in reality show. Might be what these folks are doing.
undersea said:
Hi,
Yes - in the process of buying a former model home; and held up a little due to problems with "Use." Has been vacant, so all uses have expired. This was not what the seller represented. So they are working with zoning to ensure it has a CO and can at least be used for a SFR. B&B is a permitted use, but I will do that on my own.
Per Craigslist, was trying to get a few applicants to help with cleaning. I will also be needing a few applicants to help fix it up. The deck is at end of its life and the places needs some drywall work; seller remediated some mold and there is a couple dozen squarish holes throughout where they removed the drywall. And that does not cover the whole place needs a complete internal repaint and crown molding throughout, floors need laminating or recarpeting in some rooms, moving stuff in from a large store-and-lock, etc.

Hi,
Do you get anything on the phone number in Google? Generally a real business will show up in a phone search because they list their phone number on their website.
Sometimes you find 800 Notes instead, where people post scams from certain phone numbers.
It was a 203 number (CT) and gave a name. Couldn't find any useful hits; I reverse looked up the number (a landline) but didn't call or pay to see the owner. Just had a strange feeling. Doubt it is real but you don't want to turn down what could be an opportunity. 90% sure it is someone who wants me to call, and they find out they really want a large fee and find out there is little benefit.

Hi,
undersea said:
Hi,
Yes - in the process of buying a former model home; and held up a little due to problems with "Use." Has been vacant, so all uses have expired. This was not what the seller represented. So they are working with zoning to ensure it has a CO and can at least be used for a SFR. B&B is a permitted use, but I will do that on my own.
Per Craigslist, was trying to get a few applicants to help with cleaning. I will also be needing a few applicants to help fix it up. The deck is at end of its life and the places needs some drywall work; seller remediated some mold and there is a couple dozen squarish holes throughout where they removed the drywall. And that does not cover the whole place needs a complete internal repaint and crown molding throughout, floors need laminating or recarpeting in some rooms, moving stuff in from a large store-and-lock, etc.
undersea said:
Not to change the subject, but I am! lol.
Before you sign on the dotted line, make sure the proper authorities place IN WRITING that you will be able to get a permit for the B&B. So many times we hear the sob stories of being rejected.

Hi,
undersea said:
Hi,
undersea said:
Not to change the subject, but I am! lol.
Before you sign on the dotted line, make sure the proper authorities place IN WRITING that you will be able to get a permit for the B&B. So many times we hear the sob stories of being rejected.
It is commercial zoning, so no neighbors, and a rather permissive town. But will be checking.

Back