CC Processing again

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Offered to leave our current processor and they lowered our discount %. I recommend trying this if you've been with a company for a few years. We're also getting a new machine.

Offered to leave our current processor and they lowered our discount %. I recommend trying this if you've been with a company for a few years. We're also getting a new machine..
Madeleine said:
Offered to leave our current processor and they lowered our discount %.
It always makes me mad to know they will lower the rate for people who ask. I'm not an asker, by nature, and I hate it that I'm taken advantage of. But glad you got a better deal. I just wish they'd give people their best rate from the beginning.

Offered to leave our current processor and they lowered our discount %. I recommend trying this if you've been with a company for a few years. We're also getting a new machine..
Madeleine said:
It always makes me mad to know they will lower the rate for people who ask. I'm not an asker, by nature, and I hate it that I'm taken advantage of. But glad you got a better deal. I just wish they'd give people their best rate from the beginning.
The premium card people sent me a notice last year that they wanted to charge me $5 a month "access charge". I called to cancel immediately. They immediately offered to not charge it. I'm sometimes very tempted to cancel them altogether because of their high rate.

Madeleine said:
The premium card people sent me a notice last year that they wanted to charge me $5 a month "access charge". I called to cancel immediately. They immediately offered to not charge it. I'm sometimes very tempted to cancel them altogether because of their high rate.
Our processor charges a monthly access fee. And eliminated paper copies. They also removed this charge with this new billing.

Madeleine said:
I learned years ago that it is always a good idea to call and negotiate (after getting competitor quotes) every couple years - not only with CC processors but also with phone, cable, internet etc. One year I reduced our home phone bill 60% - talking about having been taken advantage of! (I am speaking of the big bell)

I found this afterwards, but we've bookmarked it for next year when we plan to call again and see what else we can get reduced:
http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/3843-How-to-Lower-Credit-Card-Processing-Costs-and-Obtain-Better-Terms-Follow-up

Back