CC processor suggestion needed ASAP!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do offline processing and/or Square processing. Square with RK is a pain because you have to reauthorize the token from time to time..
Generic said:
I do offline processing and/or Square processing. Square with RK is a pain because you have to reauthorize the token from time to time.
Thanks for the tip on avoiding Square. I'm wanting instant, automatic charging of the deposit at reservation time, so I'm looking at Yapstone and GoEMerchant/FirstPayment. I've known for a long time that Authorize is more expensive than most, but I've resisted changing because when you do, all your stored card info is lost so I'd have to re-run the cards on all existing reservations. But the current situation makes it absolutely necessary. Almost $4000 lost to this crazy hacker assault!
Square does the charge instantly, but the authorization token in RK doesn't renew automatically. It's about 60 days, I think.
Can you let me know what rate Square charges when using RK?
JerseyBoy said:
Stripe takes 2.9% + 30¢ per successful card charge.
You don't pay anything if there is no charge made to the card.
Square takes 2.6% + 10¢ per tap, dip, or swipe, but Generic pointed out that Square with RK is a pain because you have to reauthorize the token from time to time. So I went with Stripe.
Thanks. I guess what I am wondering about Square is what is the rate when a charge is made directly through RK? This would not be a tap, dip, or swipe through one of their readers but something keyed into the RK software.
As another data point for folks, I am currently using InnPayments (Yapstone) which just raised its rates to 2.9% but no transaction fee.
Did you try asking this on the rk forum? Might be easier to get the right combo of square + rk. I'd be interested to know the answer.
I do all the processing manually now, but always thinking about automating deposits.
You can send the guest an invoice and THEY input the credit card number. That processes like a card present. Square sends the day's charges as one deposit - so it is one transaction, not 10 with the bank.
Are you sending the invoice from Square or from ResKey (using the payment due link).
I sent it from Square. And 3.09% still beat the 3.75% manual entry fee. The Square fees are lovely compared to what the proccessor was charging me with no way to know for sure it was correct. Some of THEIR fees were close to 5% and I had no way to know which cards were the higher fees. The processor tagged almost every card as non-qual and when I asked what that was , they said extra processing as in manual entry (I swiped them) and/or third party card (like Sierra Club or some special interest card) and corporate cards had higher fees. With Square I even take AMEX - they are all the same rate.
Why don't you set up square payment and just sent a link to ReservationKey? You have to renew Square every 30 days or so, but it takes the payment.
This was the first time I had a card not going to be present. So I tried the invoice method. Worked seamlessly. The purchaser was happy and so was I. I do not do deposits.

I do offline processing and/or Square processing. Square with RK is a pain because you have to reauthorize the token from time to time..
Generic said:
I do offline processing and/or Square processing. Square with RK is a pain because you have to reauthorize the token from time to time.
Thanks for the tip on avoiding Square. I'm wanting instant, automatic charging of the deposit at reservation time, so I'm looking at Yapstone and GoEMerchant/FirstPayment. I've known for a long time that Authorize is more expensive than most, but I've resisted changing because when you do, all your stored card info is lost so I'd have to re-run the cards on all existing reservations. But the current situation makes it absolutely necessary. Almost $4000 lost to this crazy hacker assault!
Square does the charge instantly, but the authorization token in RK doesn't renew automatically. It's about 60 days, I think.
JerseyBoy said:
Stripe takes 2.9% + 30¢ per successful card charge.
You don't pay anything if there is no charge made to the card.
Square takes 2.6% + 10¢ per tap, dip, or swipe, but Generic pointed out that Square with RK is a pain because you have to reauthorize the token from time to time. So I went with Stripe.
Thanks. I guess what I am wondering about Square is what is the rate when a charge is made directly through RK? This would not be a tap, dip, or swipe through one of their readers but something keyed into the RK software.
As another data point for folks, I am currently using InnPayments (Yapstone) which just raised its rates to 2.9% but no transaction fee.
Did you try asking this on the rk forum? Might be easier to get the right combo of square + rk. I'd be interested to know the answer.
I do all the processing manually now, but always thinking about automating deposits.
You can send the guest an invoice and THEY input the credit card number. That processes like a card present. Square sends the day's charges as one deposit - so it is one transaction, not 10 with the bank.
Are you sending the invoice from Square or from ResKey (using the payment due link).
I sent it from Square. And 3.09% still beat the 3.75% manual entry fee. The Square fees are lovely compared to what the proccessor was charging me with no way to know for sure it was correct. Some of THEIR fees were close to 5% and I had no way to know which cards were the higher fees. The processor tagged almost every card as non-qual and when I asked what that was , they said extra processing as in manual entry (I swiped them) and/or third party card (like Sierra Club or some special interest card) and corporate cards had higher fees. With Square I even take AMEX - they are all the same rate.
Why don't you set up square payment and just sent a link to ReservationKey? You have to renew Square every 30 days or so, but it takes the payment.
This was the first time I had a card not going to be present. So I tried the invoice method. Worked seamlessly. The purchaser was happy and so was I. I do not do deposits.
Thanks for the information.

Back