CCTV Cameras

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
I have finally decided to put in two CCTV cameras which record one over the car park which records to 20 meters and even does night vision which I don't see a problem with as its for the protection of the guests cars as well as security. The other I am putting in, in the front lobby facing the front door so I can see people before I go to the door. I have come round to this as the first flat screen TV we bought was stolen the same day (they are now in prison) but this made me cautious about buying more without additional security measures as it is a big expenditure for me. (ie 12 bedrooms worth of televisions) Quite a few places near me have them already though some don't record which seems a bit pointless to me as if people are going to pinch things then it is going to be in the middle of the night not when you are there watching. My main point being do you think this is the way we are going to end up going? I feel sad if it is but once burnt twice shy. (I will also be able to see it from my phone if we are away which is kind of cool as well)

Sad isn't it, but the world is leading us in this direction. We had 2 signs damaged recently. We 'know' who it was but can not prove it. Kids+summer vacation=trouble
sad_smile.gif

We now have installed a fake camera aiming to the parking/street and have a sign near the street stating "smile you're on camera". A couple of guests have commented but mainly asking if they can leave things in their car. We told them the reason and that we do not seem to have any more trouble and do not feel they would tamper with a locked car. They shake their heads and say "KIDS"
But we too are looking into CC for several parts of the property including those you are considering.

I think as well now it is a lot cheaper to buy and install that is one of the reasons - ie might as well. would have saved that air B&B lady all that trouble ie could have checked on the apartment and then called the police while they were there and had them arrested plus had the recorded footage as proof and pictures. In the UK B&B's it is becomming more and more common as people invest in expensive equipment ie before short of stealing big things there wasn't anything worth stealing but now with flat screen tv's, i pod docks etc they are all just so liftable and saleable.

also another situation for example my friend Marie who has scotia house on my street had two kids at the door turned them away. They simply went next door to Lisa at arc who isn't there on an evening as they don't live there. She gave them the combination for the key box and checked them in over the phone. Now I don't know if they were any trouble but at least with this system she could have had a look at them before letting them in as it is hard to judge age over the phone. It would also be handy just to keep an eye on the place as she could access it anywhere.
Think partly its a James bond British love of gadgets! and shiny things.

If you're looking for a great, and cheap IP camera (cameras you can easily stream online for remote viewing.) Try FOSCAMs. They are marvellous!

Back