Celebrity Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
Anyone had any celebrity guests?
If so, did you have trouble geeking all over them while they stayed?

I'll go first: Our biggest celebrity guest wasn't a huge one or a household name. But he is a Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times, columnist.
I worked very hard not to discuss politics or current events with him (although I'm sure we would have agreed on most things).
He was here for a week-long bicycle tour, so I respected his privacy and space.

I've only had people who were celebrities in their own minds. I have had some of the governor's cabinet members stay with me, but nobody ever heard of them and, luckily, they had no complaints.

Big name Hollywood director/producer. I fretted for weeks he’d be unhappy. He set the bar for any future hot shots by being delightfully unassuming and pleasant. (What was even better, after the fact, was we had a cancellation the same weekend and the people who canceled were generally snooty whenever they stayed.)

Former NPR reporter/host. Ditto on the unassuming.

A couple of writers when we used to house the teachers for a writing seminar. Some ok, some not so ok. Generally it was the ones who hadn’t ‘made it’ who were pills and took advantage. (Think showing up with their entire family when the room was booked and paid for a single.)

A stage actress from London. Also lovely.

Richard Dreyfus. He got married at a B&B in Virginia and often stays at them when traveling. Some extra work for sure, but it was worth it all to hear him say schmuck.

David Selby, known to fans of Dark Shadows and Falcon Crest. I loved DS back in my youth and was totally fangirly. He‘s a native of the state and a very lovely man.

My all time fav was Adriana Trigiani, author of the Big Stone Gap novels. So nice, so interested in other people, and she sent me all of her books after her stay PLUS a set to a friend who was a big fan for her birthday.

Several other actors, writers and playwrights with our theater festival and university writing festivals. Most were nice, some were not. One writer was so rude I actively boycott her books.

I have had several who were famous "in their worlds" - but the general public never hears of them. Aman who invented a valve used by NASA, 7-times Peoria TT Champion and later became the fastest man on 2-wheels at Bonneville Flats- we exchanged Christmas cards & notes for years.

I had loads of celebs when I was a Pan Am flight attendant...as an innkeeper, alas, only one. Fernando Varela, opera singer, formally part of "Forte" on Americas Got Talent.

Missy Robertson and daughter of Duck Dynasty and their entourage. Then a gentleman and his whole family rented the entire place for 3 days for the holidays, he owns a gun manufacturing Company.

Former network soap star. Delightful. Great conversations about life in the middle of nowhere. Left great online reviews after departure. Strangely, the yelp one was deemed "not currently recommended".

We've had quite a few. Olivia Wilde stayed here a month, Donald Sutherland, Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant used the house for two weeks as their "green room" while shooting a movie on our corner, Patricia Clarkson, Vampire Weekend, writer Jonathan Safran Foer. All were gracious and polite, and wanted little in the way of special attention (or had their assistants provide it!)

Canadian golf pro when she was on LPGA tour in the U.S. - Her hubby was her caddy! 😂
We put two and two together after getting introduced, then saw him carry her golf clubs inside and up to their room, looked up her name (booking was in her husbands name and she, being Canadian has a different last name) then realized who she was! She was golfing at the club where my hubby goes and works part-time. Fun connection!

We had someone who dated a famous person (and was known for it). Oh and the mother/wife of someone famous in this country, who had their writing coach stay with us and they came to pay the bill. Oh and recently someone who had dated a ST:TNG captain :)

We had someone who dated a famous person (and was known for it). Oh and the mother/wife of someone famous in this country, who had their writing coach stay with us and they came to pay the bill. Oh and recently someone who had dated a ST:TNG captain :)
I have had a casting director here a few times who knows one of those well (ST:TNG captain) and I got the feeling that there may be quite a few who dated him.

I hosted Tonya Harding a couple of times. Yes that Tonya. A beautiful person. Soo short, humble and sweet. Then i had to read absolutely everything ever written about her. This was before the movie. I have her phone number and called for advice about getting involved with the Deadliest Catch spin off happening at our port. I am so glad she has a normal life and a beautiful son at her age. She is so down to earth, driving an old pickup truck. Being a tomboy myself and having lived in the PNW most of my life i get it. Hunting and fishing is where it is at.

David Selby!!! omy! I ran home from school to watch Dark Shadows, hoping Quentin would appear at the end of the corridor ... never for long enough! I can hear his theme in my head.
Never had any celebrities stay that I know of. Did host a British lord who came over to attend a wedding. He was so heavy I was worried we'd have a furniture accident and he'd get hurt. He fell in love with maple cream and ate it by the jar.

David Selby!!! omy! I ran home from school to watch Dark Shadows, hoping Quentin would appear at the end of the corridor ... never for long enough! I can hear his theme in my head.
Never had any celebrities stay that I know of. Did host a British lord who came over to attend a wedding. He was so heavy I was worried we'd have a furniture accident and he'd get hurt. He fell in love with maple cream and ate it by the jar.
I squealed like a teenager when my husband told me he took the res.

I hosted Tonya Harding a couple of times. Yes that Tonya. A beautiful person. Soo short, humble and sweet. Then i had to read absolutely everything ever written about her. This was before the movie. I have her phone number and called for advice about getting involved with the Deadliest Catch spin off happening at our port. I am so glad she has a normal life and a beautiful son at her age. She is so down to earth, driving an old pickup truck. Being a tomboy myself and having lived in the PNW most of my life i get it. Hunting and fishing is where it is at.

Did you ever read the article "Remote Control" by Sarah Marshall about her? I haven't yet read it but I did listen to the two-part episode Sarah did about her on her podcast You're Wrong About (my summer obsession!)

Did you ever read the article "Remote Control" by Sarah Marshall about her? I haven't yet read it but I did listen to the two-part episode Sarah did about her on her podcast You're Wrong About (my summer obsession!)
I thought I had. Will look up now. Thank you !

Back