Cereal Dispenser & Keurig Reusable Containers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this were me, I would fill 'em up with homemade granola/muesli. Making it bulk it better bang for your buck anyway. Seeing it is what I think is cook with this dispenser! I would love to have that if I stayed with you. Storebough cereal is, storebought cereal..
It's very expensive to make meusli/granola around here. Do you have a recipe that turns out to be inexpensive, without having to buy ingredients in 20 kg bags?
Eric Arthur Blair said:
It's very expensive to make meusli/granola around here. Do you have a recipe that turns out to be inexpensive, without having to buy ingredients in 20 kg bags?
And one right here on the forum: https://www.innspiring.com/recipe/breakfast/homemade-granola
muirford said:
What is the temp for the oven?
Ice said:
muirford said:
What is the temp for the oven?
300 degrees.

If this were me, I would fill 'em up with homemade granola/muesli. Making it bulk it better bang for your buck anyway. Seeing it is what I think is cook with this dispenser! I would love to have that if I stayed with you. Storebough cereal is, storebought cereal..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
44 lbs??? Why would you buy anything in that kind of bulk? I can get 1 lb bags of various ingredients (Bob's Red Mill) for about $2.49-4.99/bag. Small batches. It's not like guests are going to clean it out everyday. Maybe a couple of guests/month will have a bowl of granola. Or I will use it in fruit cups. Over time it is a lot less than paying $9.50/lb for grocery store granola. I can use whatever is hanging around the house that week. Raisins, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, whatever.
Here's just one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/light-fruit-and-nut-granola/detail.aspx
I was at the restaurant supply store today and checked a few things. They can be expensive for some things but when you buy large bulk, they are usually cheaper. So, I looked at the cost of Oatmeal, $7.59 for 5 KG. So just 15c per 100g, instead of the $1.28 per 100g at the supermarket. But I have to make a heck of a lot of this granola :)
I have to check out the other ingredients, still, but at least it's affordable, a barrel at the time. Maybe I will ask another innkeeper if they are interested in sharing the cost and quantity.
On the bright side, I found almond flour (but I have to see if it's milled enough to sift, but a heck of a lot cheaper than the natural food store), frozen peaches (for jam), a bucket of dijon mustard for $3.49 and disposible pastry bags (along with two 8mm tips for them).
I bought a small container of wasabi last week, but they had a 1 kg bag for about $20 which has given me some ideas... White chocolate & Wasabi, a beatiful mix (wasabi used in moderation, of course).

Eric Arthur Blair said:
44 lbs??? Why would you buy anything in that kind of bulk? I can get 1 lb bags of various ingredients (Bob's Red Mill) for about $2.49-4.99/bag. Small batches. It's not like guests are going to clean it out everyday. Maybe a couple of guests/month will have a bowl of granola. Or I will use it in fruit cups. Over time it is a lot less than paying $9.50/lb for grocery store granola. I can use whatever is hanging around the house that week. Raisins, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, whatever.
Here's just one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/light-fruit-and-nut-granola/detail.aspx
I was at the restaurant supply store today and checked a few things. They can be expensive for some things but when you buy large bulk, they are usually cheaper. So, I looked at the cost of Oatmeal, $7.59 for 5 KG. So just 15c per 100g, instead of the $1.28 per 100g at the supermarket. But I have to make a heck of a lot of this granola :)
I have to check out the other ingredients, still, but at least it's affordable, a barrel at the time. Maybe I will ask another innkeeper if they are interested in sharing the cost and quantity.
On the bright side, I found almond flour (but I have to see if it's milled enough to sift, but a heck of a lot cheaper than the natural food store), frozen peaches (for jam), a bucket of dijon mustard for $3.49 and disposible pastry bags (along with two 8mm tips for them).
I bought a small container of wasabi last week, but they had a 1 kg bag for about $20 which has given me some ideas... White chocolate & Wasabi, a beatiful mix (wasabi used in moderation, of course).
I was thinking of you and your granola container. I opened a new packet with zip lock across the top and tore it open and flung it all over the room. I said to myself "I wish I had that dispenser right now!" So the floor got most of it, it was a really nice granola too. http://www.bearnaked.com/all-natural-granola

Eric Arthur Blair said:
I was thinking of you and your granola container. I opened a new packet with zip lock across the top and tore it open and flung it all over the room. I said to myself "I wish I had that dispenser right now!" So the floor got most of it, it was a really nice granola too. http://www.bearnaked.com/all-natural-granola
Well, right now, you can pray for me... I'm making macaron this afternoon. (White chocolate and wasabi ganache I will have to make later. Right now it's the bright green shells and I'm waiting for them to dry before they go into the oven.)
Macaron_1.jpg

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Okay, no more need to pray! They all came out.
Macaron%20-%20White%20Chocolate%20Wasabi.jpg

We have to put them away in the fridge now, takes 24 hours in the fridge to set up with the ganache. But look at the pied (the feet) they came out looking so nice.

Eric Arthur Blair said:

We have to put them away in the fridge now, takes 24 hours in the fridge to set up with the ganache. But look at the pied (the feet) they came out looking so nice.
Those are awsome!

Eric Arthur Blair said:

The finished looks a lot better than the unbaked. Would make a great dessert for St Paddy's Day. How do they taste?

Eric Arthur Blair said:

Straight from Area 51, awesome.

Eric Arthur Blair said:

The finished looks a lot better than the unbaked. Would make a great dessert for St Paddy's Day. How do they taste?
Sweet and spicy. I they are great. Last week I made two sets. One was Maple Bacon and the second was Caramel au beurre salé (Salted butter caramel).
He has a grapefruit and wasabi recipe in his book. Maybe I will try that, but it seem complicated... as if macaron aren't difficult enough. Maybe something in red for valentine's day? Rose? Raspberry mint? Chocolate raspberry? Vanilla Strawberry? Tango (Raspberry, red pepper and parmesan) There is a ketchup macaron recipe... but I don't own ketchup, and I don't want to, so that is OUT!
This is my time to experiment... the Blueberry lavender jam came out so well I'm thinking of selling jars of it. I also made Maple Bacon Profitiroles.

Eric Arthur Blair said:

Sorry but this does not look appealing to me...for other than St. Patricks day. Rasberry and chocolate would be a winner in my mind! especially for Valentines!

Back