Cereal recall

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
If you have the single serve boxes of cereal (and even the full size boxes), there is a recall on cereal purchased at WalMart and Sam's Club. Frosted and unfrosted Mini Wheats. See here for the UPC codes and use by dates.

I despise the fact that all these manufacturers aren't properly watching what they do and are instead relying on recalls. I want them to recall, if need be... but I also want them to take responsibility in the first place and verify that they are selling us a safe product.

I despise the fact that all these manufacturers aren't properly watching what they do and are instead relying on recalls. I want them to recall, if need be... but I also want them to take responsibility in the first place and verify that they are selling us a safe product..
This is how we found out...we have a Sam's Club card. DH bought a 30-pack of cereal. We got a prerecorded phone call last night wherein the message started rattling off a bunch of UPC's and use by dates and phone numbers for more info. Yeesh. I wasn't even ready to write down the kind of cereal and the phone call was over.
Luckily, it was posted online and we just threw out the 3 recalled boxes. Not worth the drive to return them.
So, yes, they keep track of what you buy on your card and connect it with your phone number.

I despise the fact that all these manufacturers aren't properly watching what they do and are instead relying on recalls. I want them to recall, if need be... but I also want them to take responsibility in the first place and verify that they are selling us a safe product..
This is how we found out...we have a Sam's Club card. DH bought a 30-pack of cereal. We got a prerecorded phone call last night wherein the message started rattling off a bunch of UPC's and use by dates and phone numbers for more info. Yeesh. I wasn't even ready to write down the kind of cereal and the phone call was over.
Luckily, it was posted online and we just threw out the 3 recalled boxes. Not worth the drive to return them.
So, yes, they keep track of what you buy on your card and connect it with your phone number.
I would have kept the boxes and returned them whenever I finally made the trip. IKEA recalled glasses and I returned the shattered pieces for a refund (they were recalled for shattering too easily). They even refunded me on glasses that I had bought but no longer had because we threw them out when they shattered.

I would have kept the boxes and returned them whenever I finally made the trip. IKEA recalled glasses and I returned the shattered pieces for a refund (they were recalled for shattering too easily). They even refunded me on glasses that I had bought but no longer had because we threw them out when they shattered.
We'd never remember them. Even if they were in the car, they'd still be there when we got home!

Interestingly enough, I also got a pre-recorded call from Wegman's about this recall. I don't think I've ever purchased this product though.

We'd never remember them. Even if they were in the car, they'd still be there when we got home!
thumbs_up.gif

Back