Certain types of houses tend to get turned into bed-and-breakfasts: older properties steeped in history

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Certain types of houses tend to get turned into bed-and-breakfasts: older properties steeped in history or soaked in antique charm. Josephine's Bed and Breakfast, which opened in June, is not one of them.
Hull B&B mixes modern and homemade
Boston Globe - United States
It may look suburban outside, but Josephine's Bed and Breakfast in Hull is stamped inside by the owner's family history, sense of decor, and stenciled ...

Wow - there are some backhanded compliments in that article, aren't there?

Exactly what I thought! How about the " one with little curb appeal" comment?!

It's really nice...but I wish there were more pictures!! The rates are affordable too..
watch the video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXWE9o6bA-E
hull is what it is ... i thought the review was harsh, then complimentary, then back again.

Hey, this is the same author that was annoyed at the innkeeper who was upset when she arrived late, even tho the room was stocked with goodies. (The place she stayed at that time was in Kittery/York, ME.) I can tell her writing style (even tho I can't do that with anyone else, apparently).

It's really nice...but I wish there were more pictures!! The rates are affordable too..
watch the video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXWE9o6bA-E
hull is what it is ... i thought the review was harsh, then complimentary, then back again.
Hey, there was something mentioned at the end of the video about a contest from Martha Stewart about "Living Your Dream". Anyone know anything about that???
It is a cute place! Thanks for pointing the way to the video, I missed that. A lot of those new beach houses have the garages on the first level...that was harsh in the review.

Kind of sounds like a slap in the face almost. :-( Gheez I am not sure what to make of that review.

Sacha Pfeiffer mostly covers the law beat in Mass, and before was a really, really good investigative journalist (she has a pulitzer), which is why I imagine her writing is the way it is. I think that's a good review overall, and it's honest which makes it seem that good parts are actually as good as she says.

Sacha Pfeiffer mostly covers the law beat in Mass, and before was a really, really good investigative journalist (she has a pulitzer), which is why I imagine her writing is the way it is. I think that's a good review overall, and it's honest which makes it seem that good parts are actually as good as she says..
IvyLee said:
Sacha Pfeiffer mostly covers the law beat in Mass, and before was a really, really good investigative journalist (she has a pulitzer), which is why I imagine her writing is the way it is. I think that's a good review overall, and it's honest which makes it seem that good parts are actually as good as she says.
But, YOU know this about her. None of us do. And her writing makes her sound like a whiner. And a guest no one would want.
Seriously, the last one she wrote she dinged the innkeepers on just about everything including their being a bit grumpy when she was 3+ hours late. Check-in at that place ended at 6 (for which she dinged them...'who can get out of work that early?') and she showed up well after 9. Maybe she should just do law. Or, she should leave that side of herself in Boston when she goes on vacation.
No, she doesn't have to be effusive and glowing about everything, but geez louise. How about telling the story without complaining about the things that didn't suit her temperment? Just the facts, ma'am.
'We arrived at 9:30 PM, 3 1/2 hours after check-in ended. I don't suggest you do that, it's rude.' Instead, it was the innkeepers she picked on.

Back