Change of Sheets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
New one today.... day 2 and they pulled off the sheets and left them in a pile with all the towels, because they of course can't use towels two days in a row and they can't use sheets three days in a row. I have NEVER had someone do that before. We usually change sheets after 3 days if they are staying 5, but let them sit for four days... just 2 days on sheets are you presumptiously take them off the bed, yourselves?
Seriously, does anyone care about the environment anymore except for me? All that water, that electricity? Do people do this at home, never reuse a towel and change their sheets every two days?

We care, too. We don't change sheets every other day. Maybe the sheets were wet, dirty, something? If not, put them back on.
All of our foreign guests today left their wet towels on the furniture somewhere. On the upholstered chairs, the beds, the wood side tables. Not a single towel on the floor in the bathroom. I already knew they were going to want new towels just hoped they would leave them in the bathroom.
Recycle. They have been coming in every few minutes with another bag of recycle. It's a novelty I guess. They wanted to know what to do with the trash from shopping. I said, 'We recycle all of that. Here, I'll take it.' Big discussion about 'recycle' and then I had a ton of bags given to me. All good, it's out of the rooms and out of my way for cleaning.

We care, too. We don't change sheets every other day. Maybe the sheets were wet, dirty, something? If not, put them back on.
All of our foreign guests today left their wet towels on the furniture somewhere. On the upholstered chairs, the beds, the wood side tables. Not a single towel on the floor in the bathroom. I already knew they were going to want new towels just hoped they would leave them in the bathroom.
Recycle. They have been coming in every few minutes with another bag of recycle. It's a novelty I guess. They wanted to know what to do with the trash from shopping. I said, 'We recycle all of that. Here, I'll take it.' Big discussion about 'recycle' and then I had a ton of bags given to me. All good, it's out of the rooms and out of my way for cleaning..
Two beds, both stripped. Just took it in stride and washed both sets and gave them new sheets (though, one of the two sets was replaced with the spare pair, which aren't as soft.)
(Just an off-topic note.... got a call from a company that had the wrong expiration date for my CC. I made the payment, changed the number online while on the phone and her computer HUNG and she was stuck having to call tech support to fix her computer, because I was too effecient. Made me smile!)

Two or 3 day stay, we didn't change the sheets unless requested. Four day stay, we changed after the second night. We had the linen change info in our room books but if a guest requested a change earlier, that was part of our service. Worked here for me.

Two or 3 day stay, we didn't change the sheets unless requested. Four day stay, we changed after the second night. We had the linen change info in our room books but if a guest requested a change earlier, that was part of our service. Worked here for me..
Ever had a guest strip the bed for you because they wanted you to change the sheets?

Two or 3 day stay, we didn't change the sheets unless requested. Four day stay, we changed after the second night. We had the linen change info in our room books but if a guest requested a change earlier, that was part of our service. Worked here for me..
Ever had a guest strip the bed for you because they wanted you to change the sheets?
Eric, no. Hadn't had that happen....yet.

the only thing which was similar was had a lady in for 5 nights after the 2nd night during the day of the 3rd day if you see what I mean? to say she was very sorry to report the bed hadn't been made - which is weird as my chamber maid does have her faults but she has never not made a bed. Anyhow went up to have a look - bed was all made perfectly very odd figured she thought we changed the sheets mid stay so I did just so she could see it was done. Very nice lady not at all sure what she was on about mind.

No, but I have had them "help" me by stripping the bed departure morning.

We;ve had it here, but it's usually because there was 'stuff' on it. What gets us also is when they throw their robe in the pile to have a new one replace it and there's nothing on it. Sorry buddy, it's your robe for the duration of your stay.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Not even if the sheets were a mess. Some have stripped the beds when checking out, which I sincerely wish they would not do. DOn't make the bed, don't strip the bed. Both make more work as I now have to examine everything they've thrown on the floor or I have to untuck the covers all the way around. It is not 'being polite' it's more work!
It's akin to guests who 'help' by clearing the tables and pile their dirty dishes at the coffee bar where the next guest is now forced to push dirty dishes to the side to get coffee. Or, walking into the kitchen and piling the dirty dishes on the prep station. PEOPLE! I do not have time to sanitize the counter 10 times.

I think I might have had a guest strip the bed mid-stay if there was something on the sheets. I guess people get embarrassed. I never understood this because I was going to see it when they got laundered. Dur.
I also had those few helpers that stripped the beds at check-out. They thought they were being considerate, so I don't fault them for that.

I've had PLENTY who strip the bed when they leave. But this was my first time where they stripped it mid stay. And it wasn't because there was something on the sheets, because they did it to both beds.
Anyway, taken in stride. All washed, folded and put away. But a waste of energy, soap and water.

Tour group here has tossed their towels every day. 12 guests. Every towel in the room.

Tour group here has tossed their towels every day. 12 guests. Every towel in the room..
Don't you hate when they have no sense of the ecology at all. Makes you want to scream.
It's a cultural thing. Didn't surprise me in the least. We've noticed it from certain areas of this country and other countries as well. There is also a certain attitude and mindset we've found that we don't understand- 'Me doing (whatever) isn't going to make a hill of beans of difference so why should I bother putting myself out.'
There is a place for everyone in the world so I don't let it get me down.

No, what a damn cheek.
Did have a husband this week appologies for blood on the sheet, explained his wife was early. Second time this has happened and in both instances we never saw the wife again.
Very nice that they are considerate enough to say something, but I'd really rather they didn't.

I've had PLENTY who strip the bed when they leave. But this was my first time where they stripped it mid stay. And it wasn't because there was something on the sheets, because they did it to both beds.
Anyway, taken in stride. All washed, folded and put away. But a waste of energy, soap and water..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I've had PLENTY who strip the bed when they leave.
Yes, me too. Most because they are being helpful and considerate, but a few do it to try and disguise the stain they have left behind. The ones that make us laugh are those that make the bed before they check out.

Anyway, taken in stride. All washed, folded and put away. But a waste of energy, soap and water..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Yes, me too. Most because they are being helpful and considerate, but a few do it to try and disguise the stain they have left behind. The ones that make us laugh are those that make the bed before they check out.
Highlands John said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I sometimes wonder if people who make their beds before check out is because they don't want people to think they are sloppy.

Back