Changing directions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Changing directions[/FONT]
South Shore News and Tribune
The name will be changed to the Southern Comfort Inn. The bed and breakfast will operate in the other half of the building, where there are suites with ...

It will be interesting to see that the assisted living does to the B & B business - and how long it is until they become all assisted living. I bet that will be more financially viable.

Hey fill your niche I say :) There was a really nice B & B start up here in VA but it was auctioned off and turned into assisted living.

We have friends who did this about a year ago. Their place was smaller, so it's not a combo of B&B & assisted living, they just do A (Adult Foster Care)L. It's worked much better for them since it was very difficult for them to keep their heads above water with the B&B. You do have to go through a lot to get state approval but if you have the temperment and giving spirit to do assisted living, it's a wonderful thing.
For the property this article is about, I think it would be great to have the combo, but can't imagine how you can do both without really wonderful staff.

I've seen alot on the news lately about the payment cuts to assisted living and nursing homes, and that nearly a quarter of them are barely keeping their heads above water.

I've seen alot on the news lately about the payment cuts to assisted living and nursing homes, and that nearly a quarter of them are barely keeping their heads above water..
here, it's a minimum of $3,000 per month per resident (and that's cheap) and nursing homes are way more expensive. I'm not sure what the state pays. I would think you would have to have a combo of private pay and state/fed residents to make a go of it.

I've seen alot on the news lately about the payment cuts to assisted living and nursing homes, and that nearly a quarter of them are barely keeping their heads above water..
here, it's a minimum of $3,000 per month per resident (and that's cheap) and nursing homes are way more expensive. I'm not sure what the state pays. I would think you would have to have a combo of private pay and state/fed residents to make a go of it.
They would get paid from the state and from the families.
I see this as the owner is a nurse, so it is a way to offset and make some $ when it is slim.

The "Southern Comfort" Inn...just browsing and I thought of the whisky drink...signature breakfast beverage ;)

"The bed and breakfast will operate in the other half of the building, where there are suites with ..."
I thought you were gonna say whiskey.

My hubby keeps on saying that eventually the "Touch of Ireland Guest House" will become the "Touch of Ireland Rest House". We'd like to find one other couple to share the house with us. We would move downstairs from the third floor to the second floor and occupy the two rooms that now is the two bedroom suite. The other couple would occupy the other two guest rooms (after a little renovative work). We would share the rest of the house and the rooms that are now our quarters would be for visiting family. I have seen a couple of articles that state that many baby boomers are going to look for community living.

My hubby keeps on saying that eventually the "Touch of Ireland Guest House" will become the "Touch of Ireland Rest House". We'd like to find one other couple to share the house with us. We would move downstairs from the third floor to the second floor and occupy the two rooms that now is the two bedroom suite. The other couple would occupy the other two guest rooms (after a little renovative work). We would share the rest of the house and the rooms that are now our quarters would be for visiting family. I have seen a couple of articles that state that many baby boomers are going to look for community living..
Oh my...we are thinking alike here!!! I mentioned maybe doing that to my husband a while ago...maybe with the former owners of this place....they too want to downsize. But he wasn't hearing any of it ...even with them..who are good friends and we know well.

My hubby keeps on saying that eventually the "Touch of Ireland Guest House" will become the "Touch of Ireland Rest House". We'd like to find one other couple to share the house with us. We would move downstairs from the third floor to the second floor and occupy the two rooms that now is the two bedroom suite. The other couple would occupy the other two guest rooms (after a little renovative work). We would share the rest of the house and the rooms that are now our quarters would be for visiting family. I have seen a couple of articles that state that many baby boomers are going to look for community living..
Oh my...we are thinking alike here!!! I mentioned maybe doing that to my husband a while ago...maybe with the former owners of this place....they too want to downsize. But he wasn't hearing any of it ...even with them..who are good friends and we know well.
Catlady,
We often think alike. We are both Virgos and love cats. Hubby is the one pushing for sharing the house because he wants to stay in this place and this would give one option to be able to afford it. We're starting to think that it might work with our daughter's in-laws. We get along well with them. Our SIL is an only child and my daughter keeps on saying that we'd better end up in the same nursing home because there is no way that she is going to go back and forth between two.
confused_smile.gif

My actual goal after Innkeeping is a multi-generational household. We already know that we will be the caregivers for both sets of parents, and I would also like to see my wheel-chair bound brother and his kids under our roof or nearby.

My actual goal after Innkeeping is a multi-generational household. We already know that we will be the caregivers for both sets of parents, and I would also like to see my wheel-chair bound brother and his kids under our roof or nearby..
Well I don't want to go that far :-(
As much as I love my family... I could not be under the same roof with any of them for too long. We have been away from them for so long, that I just could not do that. I will do anything to help any of them...but living with them...sorry.

My actual goal after Innkeeping is a multi-generational household. We already know that we will be the caregivers for both sets of parents, and I would also like to see my wheel-chair bound brother and his kids under our roof or nearby..
Little Blue said:
We already know that we will be the caregivers for both sets of parents,
We are the ones who may need caregivers by the time we retire from innkeeping.
confused_smile.gif

As much as I love my family... I could not be under the same roof with any of them for too long. We have been away from them for so long, that I just could not do that. I will do anything to help any of them...but living with them...sorry.
"Well I don't want to go that far....I will do anything to help any of them...but living with them...sorry."
I didn't ask you to, so no need to explain or apologize.

"Well I don't want to go that far....I will do anything to help any of them...but living with them...sorry."
I didn't ask you to, so no need to explain or apologize.
HUH??? I know you didn't ask me. I was just making a comment...is that ok?

Back