Changing linens on week-long stays

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just have a question about the frequency for linens etc to be changed.
If i have a guest staying 3 nights or shorter everything stays until they leave.
4 nights - I change towels only after two nights
5/6 nights - I change towels and bed sheets mid-stay
7 nights - change towels and bed sheets twice
Too much? too little?
I'd appreciate any feedback - many thanks in advance oh wise ones.......

Every third day, sheets change. Towels changed as needed. Room fluffed daily.

If guests are staying 4 nights or longer, the sheets get changed after 2 nights. I change towels daily, unless guests ask me not to.

We change out towels and clean the bathroom everyday along with making the beds, and sweeping the floors. On Wednesdays we change sheets, dust, etc. We have a family that stays here for a month every year for the last twenty-something years. If they feel like they need another set before then, they just ask....and we trot out to remake the beds.

Towels changed twice a week and sheets changed once a week. If they want clean towels every day they throw the soiled ones in a hamper. No room service during their stay unless they ask or have stayed a week.. Shared bath cleaned every day and sometimes twice daily. My rates are very reasonable to reflect that.

I fluff the room everyday.
I have a note that states hang towels if you will reuse, place on floor if you want them changed. If a guest is staying more than 2 nights, I do change out the towels every other day regardless. Face cloths are changed every day.
Guests staying 4 nights or more, I change the sheets every other night.
Of course if the guest requests all to be left, I do.

I ask my guests if they want maid service. The answer is usually, no. IF they are staying a week or longer at full rate, on the third morning I tell them I will be coming up to change the sheets. MOST tell me not to bother. Have only had a very few in 19 years to say, OK. IF they are on a weekly rate, sheets change once a week when I clean the room. Towels are in the bathrooms, they help themselves as they wish.

Sheets changed on day 4. Fluff the rooms every day and determine then if they need towels. Fluff is empty trash, clean glasses if any, check soap and supplies, make bed.

Hand towel changed daily.
Towels left on floor, changed.
Towels used but hanging, I put in extra towels but don't take the towels unless they are soaking wet and won't dry by the afternoon. Towels changed every second day otherwise.
Sheets changed on after 3 nights unless it's just a 4th night, where we let is slide. So twice in a week, 3 times in 10 day. Sheets changed if stained, or sometimes just pillowcases if stained.

Sheets changed every 3 days or if a 4 day day, after 2 days. This is also our state association's requirement.
I think it really depends on the type of b&b you are. If your base is higher end, then you have to change more often. More of a cabin/self catering that gets longer stays, then you can change less often.
If towels are hung up, we leave them. We offer freshening every day but they also have a door hanger sign they can put out if they don't want us to come in.

We change towels every 3-4 days unless we find them on the floor or soaking wet (obviously will not dry up). We offer a discount of 20% for 7 days stay. Sheets get changed weekly unless they book 8-10 days than we do it mid way. We offer additional changes at small fee if the want - in ten years been asked maybe 3-4 times.

Hi ,
I am from Australia and I normally change sheet sets after 2 days but I usually asked the guest first.
Towels I change regularly specially the hand towels and this the main item I am focused about and for that you need to purchased sheet sets regularly as old ones wont last long.
Guest usually enjoy relaxing so the fresh towels and sheets is main factor.

Hi I am from Australia and I believe 2 days are enough to change Sheet sets ,I usually asked the guests before changing it and if possible towels should be changed regularly at least the face washer.

Back