Changing the title to this thread to be about movies filmed in your area

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Please share any movies that were filmed in, or about your area. Have you blogged about this?

?
This is huge. Shia LeBeouf made $15 million in the last transformers movie.

That looks like my kind of movie. When is it being released? I'm not up on the latest movie news.
Beautiful area.

That looks like my kind of movie. When is it being released? I'm not up on the latest movie news.
Beautiful area..
Colleen848 said:
Beautiful area.
It is in the header paragraph in big print.
There is no latest movie news, I am the first to share this with the world, it is not anywhere else, so far. This is why I am sharing it, this is marketing, so far I have had search terms arrive at my blog for this movie, movie stars etc.
and it was not filmed in our area.
haha so on all counts! Sorry I had to write and dash, I hate it when I do that...bye

Beautiful area..
Colleen848 said:
Beautiful area.
It is in the header paragraph in big print.
There is no latest movie news, I am the first to share this with the world, it is not anywhere else, so far. This is why I am sharing it, this is marketing, so far I have had search terms arrive at my blog for this movie, movie stars etc.
and it was not filmed in our area.
haha so on all counts! Sorry I had to write and dash, I hate it when I do that...bye
Ah, yes I see it now. Guess I was just anxious to see the trailer. Besides I tend not to read everything because there are too many words where ever you go. Like that old song "Signs, signs, everywhere signs", lol
Then when I do start reading, I normally cringe at the misspelling of words. Or, improper usage. There was a gentleman from England that remarked on Jay Leno about people who say they "borrowed me" money. No the loaned you money.
I hear it alot lately and it drives me crazy.
Whew! Glad that's out. Ha Ha Not that I'm perfect either, but....

This is about my county here, and much of this took place right here in this town.
There has been ZERO promotion of this movie in this county, or town (except by me).
These are major stars, and this movie will have a huge draw. I was hoping the stars would be here for the premiere, but had not heard a thing, you know, of course, I would try to have them stay with us.
cheers.gif
This county was built on 95% moonshine money. Since there is nudity in the trailer, I won't post it on the blog. Maybe just a link to it.
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Get [/COLOR]#Lawless[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] and watch this exclusive redband trailer on VICE! VIDEO: [/COLOR]http://youtu.be/DXq2xzSzphE[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] (must be 17+ to watch)[/COLOR]

This is about my county here, and much of this took place right here in this town.
There has been ZERO promotion of this movie in this county, or town (except by me).
These are major stars, and this movie will have a huge draw. I was hoping the stars would be here for the premiere, but had not heard a thing, you know, of course, I would try to have them stay with us.
cheers.gif
This county was built on 95% moonshine money. Since there is nudity in the trailer, I won't post it on the blog. Maybe just a link to it.
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Get [/COLOR]#Lawless[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] and watch this exclusive redband trailer on VICE! VIDEO: [/COLOR]http://youtu.be/DXq2xzSzphE[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] (must be 17+ to watch)[/COLOR].
If it helps I have been telling everyone! I am claiming to fame - my friend Joe lives there and its all about her county and history!!! woo hoo!

cheers.gif
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Get [/COLOR]#Lawless[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] and watch this exclusive redband trailer on VICE! VIDEO: [/COLOR]http://youtu.be/DXq2xzSzphE[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] (must be 17+ to watch)[/COLOR].
If it helps I have been telling everyone! I am claiming to fame - my friend Joe lives there and its all about her county and history!!! woo hoo!
Thanks!

cheers.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
This is a total shame! They do not know how much revenue they could get using this film to attract visitors.
We have had several movies made (or partially) in this area and it is touted some, not enough IMHO, while the big city near me even has a tour around the movie spots.

cheers.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
This is a total shame! They do not know how much revenue they could get using this film to attract visitors.
We have had several movies made (or partially) in this area and it is touted some, not enough IMHO, while the big city near me even has a tour around the movie spots.
copperhead said:
They do not know how much revenue they could get using this film to attract visitors.
Like Savannah, which has a whole industry built around 'The Book', both the movie and the novel Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. That does more for tourism than P aula D een.

cheers.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
copperhead said:
They do not know how much revenue they could get using this film to attract visitors.
Like Savannah, which has a whole industry built around 'The Book', both the movie and the novel Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. That does more for tourism than P aula D een.
muirford said:
copperhead said:
Oh yes, they do know all about "revenue"
wink_smile.gif
that is what it is all about.

cheers.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
copperhead said:
muirford said:
copperhead said:
and lest we forget, Forrest Gump's bench.

This does look like its going to be a great watch. Seems that bootlegging is getting to be a popular theme in entertainment with the introduction of Boardwalk Empire. I understand the movie is about your county; was it actually filmed in the county? It is kind of a bummer there is not a great deal of promotion around the area the film is set in, but hey, at least you can now tell the story and people will have a visual reference of characters and such. Real cool, thanks for the link.

Back