Charge for Credit card

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can not charge a fee for use of credit cards. The Gas Company that provides gas to heat our home, the state can charge a fee when paying taxes etc.The county can charges fees. The telephone company can charge a fee. I find this very irritating and I tell those that are charging me what I think. I have also told my son The State Representative. I will just keep voicing my opinion..
1linda said:
I can not charge a fee for use of credit cards. The Gas Company that provides gas to heat our home, the state can charge a fee when paying taxes etc.The county can charges fees. The telephone company can charge a fee. I find this very irritating and I tell those that are charging me what I think. I have also told my son The State Representative. I will just keep voicing my opinion.
And until those fees are gone a lot of people will continue to want paper bills in the mail or will pay via check, either an online check or a check in the mail. The companies can't have it both ways. They don't want the expense of mailings but they want to make money with online transactions.

I can not charge a fee for use of credit cards. The Gas Company that provides gas to heat our home, the state can charge a fee when paying taxes etc.The county can charges fees. The telephone company can charge a fee. I find this very irritating and I tell those that are charging me what I think. I have also told my son The State Representative. I will just keep voicing my opinion..
1linda said:
I can not charge a fee for use of credit cards. The Gas Company that provides gas to heat our home, the state can charge a fee when paying taxes etc.The county can charges fees. The telephone company can charge a fee. I find this very irritating and I tell those that are charging me what I think. I have also told my son The State Representative. I will just keep voicing my opinion.
And until those fees are gone a lot of people will continue to want paper bills in the mail or will pay via check, either an online check or a check in the mail. The companies can't have it both ways. They don't want the expense of mailings but they want to make money with online transactions.
Morticia said:
So true. I am sure these companies are spending far more in employee time processing the mail, sorting the checks and keying in the payments then they would be just to accept CC payments online, without a fee. Most are set up that if you pay via online by credit card, it is automatically approved and the system updates that payment has been made. I will not pay a fee for a convenience that benefits them more than me.

1linda said:
Several yewars ago I discovered Verizon was charging me $8 per month to get my toll-free bill on paper so switched to online billing. I look it up, print off my incoming calls list, and then pay by check by mail. I am about to do battle with the gasoline company the business has a gas card with - they appear to be charging me a $4 per month "embossing" fee. Now I have to find out what THAT is and if I cannot get them to remove it permanently, I will remove the gas card - permanently.

Back