Charleston, S.C. replaces San Francisco as top tourist destination in U.S.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a surprise if you've been there and enjoyed their hospitality! It is our #1 choice for our retirement location right now, too.

I like 'em both. We stayed at a Charleston B&B where our rooms were former slaves quarters. They had remodeled just a tad because we had a jacuzzi tub. Beautiful, romantic city and I loves me some o' dat Low Country cooking. Try the shrimp and grits!
emotion-30.gif

Apples and oranges. How they come to the "TOP" destination would be interesting to see, I know they have tons of specials and discounts in Charl currently, which to me says they have not fared well in the economic downturn. But, just like most of us are seeing, more people are driving, we also have oversees visitors who fly into the East coast and do driving holidays, so that may be part of the equation. Cheaper to fly to NY, DC, or ATL and take a holiday than West Coast.
just my thoughts on this

Apples and oranges. How they come to the "TOP" destination would be interesting to see, I know they have tons of specials and discounts in Charl currently, which to me says they have not fared well in the economic downturn. But, just like most of us are seeing, more people are driving, we also have oversees visitors who fly into the East coast and do driving holidays, so that may be part of the equation. Cheaper to fly to NY, DC, or ATL and take a holiday than West Coast.
just my thoughts on this.
Yes, I agree, JB that San Francisco is a totally different place (having gone there very regularly when I lived on the West Coast). Much bigger city with lots to do in the Bay Area. There are tons of specials in SF now btw too.
You could be right with the airfare connection for European guests...that makes a lot of sense.
Low country boil! Yeah, baby!

Back