Chat

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
I was just thinking it would be fun if this forum had a chat application.. I'm sure Swirt has nothing better to do.... NOT!
poke.gif

Good suggestion. Pretty resource intensive. Our current hosting situation is about as maxed out resource wise as it can get and the current income from the site doesn't yet cover the cost of a more aggresive hosting package. Probably not something I'm going to add any time soon (unless I reach out to a third party chat system.

Good suggestion. Pretty resource intensive. Our current hosting situation is about as maxed out resource wise as it can get and the current income from the site doesn't yet cover the cost of a more aggresive hosting package. Probably not something I'm going to add any time soon (unless I reach out to a third party chat system..
Thre are many chat rooms available and we all have at times been known to e-mail each other. We, in many ways, use this as a chat room but chat in spurts when we have a few minutes. I think of a chat room as people being there at the same time. There is no way to know when is the same time - we are in different time zones with various things in action affecting our schedules. Although I would love to chat, it would not be feasible for me. I do not even IM with any of my close friends or kids because of schedules - plus hearing that a lot of viruses were sent through IM connections sent me back to e-mail (which is more private also).

Good suggestion. Pretty resource intensive. Our current hosting situation is about as maxed out resource wise as it can get and the current income from the site doesn't yet cover the cost of a more aggresive hosting package. Probably not something I'm going to add any time soon (unless I reach out to a third party chat system..
Chat...hmmmmm..I think what we have is Chat??? I don't like the real time..can you imagine a half dozen of us...trying to do this all at once...YIKES
tounge_smile.gif

I am on Facebook and what a surprise when a chat pops up!!! I literally did not know what to do. I do now..but it would not be my preference. I like it with one on one with family or friend..but put us all on ....nope. Can you imagine the misinterprets we would get...much worse than now.
This works just fine for me.

Geez....you'd never be able to shut us up.
poke.gif
This already feels like a chat room

can you imagine...were it a chat with no edit ability...nawww no goot!

Back