Check out???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
It is 1105am and the room who didn't show for breakfast but signed up for 930am is the only room left and no sign of them. I go up after seeing both vehicles in the parking area and knock on the door.
"Hi are you ready to check out?" me
"Check out?" he questions.
"You are only staying two night rights? It is 11am and time to check out." me
"My clock says it is 9 oclock"
So innkeepers there is a new one for staying over past check out - the clock is two hours off. I could see the room was black. They have not left the room for two days and I put fresh towels outside the door yesterday.

Wow, I thought the clock/watch 'messed up' went out with Jr high...
I do check the clocks everytimeI do the rooms, but that doesn't mean the guests don't mess with them. Good thing you went and knocked, they would have been down for brekkie in a half hour and wondered where everyone was!

No guests - Chapel duty so got to bed at 2:30 this morning. At 8AM DH decides it is time for him to get up. Light in my eyes wakens me. Turn over and blah, blah, blah - if he is ready to get up it must be time for me to get up. By 8:15 I give up! But if I had a good breakfast waiting........ Now there would be a REASON to get up.

Well he came down and then told me his cell phone went out as well. I sent his back up to get his credit card. It is now 1130am. Church starts at 11am...so much for having a life. We usually can be a few minutes late. They have not even checked out.
Do I need another POLICY if you are not out then we charge you! Oh brother it never fails.
Oh btw we had two seating and the kitchen is under their room. Trust me when I say THEY KNEW WHEN TO GET UP AND GET OUT.

Well, on the other side of this coin...they were really enjoying your place! I do find mostly that those that we 'never' see are the ones that will push to the last second to check out (or go over a bit) so they can take in every last moment of the lovely surroundings. Sort of bitter sweet!

Well, on the other side of this coin...they were really enjoying your place! I do find mostly that those that we 'never' see are the ones that will push to the last second to check out (or go over a bit) so they can take in every last moment of the lovely surroundings. Sort of bitter sweet!.
Copperhead said:
Well, on the other side of this coin...they were really enjoying your place! I do find mostly that those that we 'never' see are the ones that will push to the last second to check out (or go over a bit) so they can take in every last moment of the lovely surroundings. Sort of bitter sweet!
Yes the romantic interludes are the ones who check out late, esp if there are two vehicles, it is an unsaid rule. Which is why I was ready and went up there. That and the big bottle of booze in the trashcan - big surprise? NOT!
Liars - attention all liars - remember if you lie stick to one, don't add more to it which sounds like good justification in your own mind. Don't begin adding this and that and then the other. I have a kid who lies and it gets my dander up! One excuse would a-ct-ually be believable, 4 or 5 are not.
tounge_smile.gif

Well, on the other side of this coin...they were really enjoying your place! I do find mostly that those that we 'never' see are the ones that will push to the last second to check out (or go over a bit) so they can take in every last moment of the lovely surroundings. Sort of bitter sweet!.
Copperhead said:
PS It is a nice thought. But they never enjoyed any of the surroundings, just the bed.

We had a couple come down a few weeks ago at 8:30 and announce they were going out for a drive to see some houses. I said to DH hope they take a short trip and are back before breakfast is over at 9:30. A few minutes later they came back inside and said they realized the time when they got in the car. Their clock upstairs hadn't been turned back for the time change, which had happened two days before that. Of course, I put a note out about the time change that morning. but obviously missed a clock when I was checking them.

"My clock says it is 9am"...he is probably talking about his own little alarm clock or cell phone? haha. That is definitely a pretty lame excuse.
We only had one room last night & we were enjoying talking to them so much at breakfast that I realized that it was 11:30 when they got up from the table. I don't mind it if it is OUR choice :) Actually, last evening I could have kissed them both on the lips because they asked for 9:30 am breakfast, which meant that I could sleep until almost 8 this morning!! Woo hoo!

Well he came down and then told me his cell phone went out as well. I sent his back up to get his credit card. It is now 1130am. Church starts at 11am...so much for having a life. We usually can be a few minutes late. They have not even checked out.
Do I need another POLICY if you are not out then we charge you! Oh brother it never fails.
Oh btw we had two seating and the kitchen is under their room. Trust me when I say THEY KNEW WHEN TO GET UP AND GET OUT..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Oh btw we had two seating and the kitchen is under their room. Trust me when I say THEY KNEW WHEN TO GET UP AND GET OUT.
We do have it right on the reg form that you will be charged a minimum of $50 if you do not check out on time. If it's after 1PM, you're charged for an extra night as I don't have time to clean at that point.

Back