Check this place out

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw the definition on that home page of swag - in my mind a swag is a bedroll for a hobo...transient :) Thus the song featuring the Jolly Swagman (who is one who travels to find work and lives under the stars sleeping in his swag). Or of course the variety of curtain..
Swag is also the loot from a stick-up.
gillumhouse said:
Swag is also the loot from a stick-up.
See, that's MY reaction to 'swag.'
Mine too - especially after seeing those prices. If WE ate having problems in this economy, what are THEY doing! The mantra I keep hearing is tax the rich. MY gueats certainly are not going to be going to the Swags pr the Greenbriers! As pointed out, they could stay here a week and get great food for what one night would set them back there.

I am so the opposite, I don't want a spa or city setting, a big river rock fireplace and views are worth a million bucks to me..
Me, too! This place is a total "resort" getaway. Everything is included. Thus, the price.
I actually wasn't really talking about checking out the inn...but the inn's BEAUTIFUL website.
That site has to be one of the nicest I've seen. It certainly got my attention but then I saw the prices :-( Oh well.
I think even the Greenbriar could benefit more with a Rare Brick site :)

Just click on there post card send it to some one and pretend your there ! Maybe I'll send myself one. I love Rare Brick sites, have'nt seen a bad one yet.Takes lots of $$$$$$ for them to do your site. Mary in Bridgewater.

Per usual the forum pulls it apart...yes the place is gorgeous and the website is inspiring. Was there anything on the website that caught your eye? This is a new year...let's be forward thinkers and be open to improve our places and our websites...there is always room for improvement.
cheers.gif

I am not indulgent, I could never stay there even if someone paid for me to stay there. Pipe dream only. Maybe I should volunteer there and enjoy the fireplaces and view on my breaks! ha ha One night there is the price of a cruise in a warm temperature with fishies.

Did anyone clik on the Nat Geo best 129 hotels we love? Here is a neat place with a reasonable room rate
Lake Rabun Hotel, Lakemont, Ga.

Lake lodge in northern Georgia, rehabbed (in 2008) by preservationist owner. Speaks the local vernacular with cedar-log bar and original 1920s Adirondack furnishings (beloved by President Carter). Alfresco dining under the hemlock. Wine tasting on pontoon boats. Downy beds invite sleep, lulled by summer chirp of tree frogs. 8 rooms; from $109, incl. breakfast.

Per usual the forum pulls it apart...yes the place is gorgeous and the website is inspiring. Was there anything on the website that caught your eye? This is a new year...let's be forward thinkers and be open to improve our places and our websites...there is always room for improvement.
cheers.gif

I am not indulgent, I could never stay there even if someone paid for me to stay there. Pipe dream only. Maybe I should volunteer there and enjoy the fireplaces and view on my breaks! ha ha One night there is the price of a cruise in a warm temperature with fishies..
Beautiful photos, many with people in them, which is unusual. Plenty of things to do right on the property.

The website if fantastic and very lush looking. Rare Brick are GP (good people). I don't like the music for the intro though, and I'm noticing more and more of the "high end" sites using it...I though this was a big no-no? At least there is an option to turn it off.
This website is definitely selling an EXPERIENCE, which I think is so crucial for a b&b. They (your guests) can stay anywhere, so you have to show them or make them FEEL why they should stay with you. The photography does a good job of this, but I also like they way policies and such are worded, it sticks to a very non-stuffy feeling while still spelling it all out. I LOVE those little boxes on the side with the facts (like the definition of Swag)...very cool.
And those prices do not include any alcohol with meals??? I'm trying to picture myself stuck in a buffet line with all those other people and the nearest store 30 minutes away...I'd have to load up on my own stash for sure!!!!

Sorry I am having fun with this. I am on the west list:
Historic Requa Inn, Klamath, Calif.
No-nonsense eco-conscious lodgings overlooking Klamath River estuary, one mile from Pacific Ocean. Simply built of redwood in arts and crafts style. Interior hews to 1914 heritage: claw-foot tubs, original sinks. Buys carbon credits to offset hotel's energy usage. Do your part by hiking the Coastal Trail or adjoining Redwood National Park. 10 rooms; from $99.
No-nonsense eco-conscious lodgings overlooking Klamath River estuary WE used to call this CAMPING. Little did we know in our no-nonsense eco-conscious days overlooking the Klamath River Estuary - I will send this to my parents they will get a kick out of it.

Did anyone clik on the Nat Geo best 129 hotels we love? Here is a neat place with a reasonable room rate
Lake Rabun Hotel, Lakemont, Ga.

Lake lodge in northern Georgia, rehabbed (in 2008) by preservationist owner. Speaks the local vernacular with cedar-log bar and original 1920s Adirondack furnishings (beloved by President Carter). Alfresco dining under the hemlock. Wine tasting on pontoon boats. Downy beds invite sleep, lulled by summer chirp of tree frogs. 8 rooms; from $109, incl. breakfast..
I have been here - got a whole tour and everything soon after they were open for business. Interesting story of how the woman saved the place from ruin. Reasonable rates too! Bonus!

The website if fantastic and very lush looking. Rare Brick are GP (good people). I don't like the music for the intro though, and I'm noticing more and more of the "high end" sites using it...I though this was a big no-no? At least there is an option to turn it off.
This website is definitely selling an EXPERIENCE, which I think is so crucial for a b&b. They (your guests) can stay anywhere, so you have to show them or make them FEEL why they should stay with you. The photography does a good job of this, but I also like they way policies and such are worded, it sticks to a very non-stuffy feeling while still spelling it all out. I LOVE those little boxes on the side with the facts (like the definition of Swag)...very cool.
And those prices do not include any alcohol with meals??? I'm trying to picture myself stuck in a buffet line with all those other people and the nearest store 30 minutes away...I'd have to load up on my own stash for sure!!!!.
I never have my sound on ...so ...that is a turn off for me. Option is good but if it is on and you are at work..you have to be quick to turn it off :)
Dry county...yeah no alcohol in the cost...I could almost see paying that if you were getting alcohol
cheers.gif

Note: the owners / Retired Bishop...one TA review said everyone had to wait for "grace" before meals. hmmmmm

And those prices do not include any alcohol with meals??? I'm trying to picture myself stuck in a buffet line with all those other people and the nearest store 30 minutes away...I'd have to load up on my own stash for sure!!!!.
I never have my sound on ...so ...that is a turn off for me. Option is good but if it is on and you are at work..you have to be quick to turn it off :)
Dry county...yeah no alcohol in the cost...I could almost see paying that if you were getting alcohol
cheers.gif

Note: the owners / Retired Bishop...one TA review said everyone had to wait for "grace" before meals. hmmmmm
My sound is kept off as well...just to miss all the annoying intro sounds/tunes on websites. :)
Hey maybe Father Tim opened a B&B - he lived in those mountains... (For anyone not knowing who that is it is a series by Jan Karon "Mitford" based in Blowing Rock, NC - very popular.)

cheers.gif

My sound is kept off as well...just to miss all the annoying intro sounds/tunes on websites. :)
Hey maybe Father Tim opened a B&B - he lived in those mountains... (For anyone not knowing who that is it is a series by Jan Karon "Mitford" based in Blowing Rock, NC - very popular.)
Now you have me going down the Nat Geo list :) I found a VA friend on there:) He has just had his website redone. Very nice...I like it alot too. I really like the way you open up the thumbnail pics. Here is how they did it....guess I will check this out further and make it a goal to learn for this year.:)

cheers.gif

Hahaha! How cool would that be??? But I didn't see Cheer Wine or a pack of Nabs on any of the menu choices...OR fried bologna sandwiches, for that matter!

cheers.gif

Now you have me going down the Nat Geo list :) I found a VA friend on there:) He has just had his website redone. Very nice...I like it alot too. I really like the way you open up the thumbnail pics. Here is how they did it....guess I will check this out further and make it a goal to learn for this year.:)
I like these too
certified-century-virginia-farm.png
bbva.png
paii.png

Not sure how you would get authorization to change all those images tho?
Yes a good deal for 1 commercial use $29. I am always looking for new slideshow thumnail viewer type stuff. I have bookmarked that.

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Yes a good deal for 1 commercial use $29. I am always looking for new slideshow thumnail viewer type stuff. I have bookmarked that.
When I had the logos on my site, I changed them, too, so they would all be the same color. I didn't ask. Now I just have them as they were sent to me. But if they were highly visible, I'd want them to 'blend in' with the overall design. If I HAD an overall design.

cheers.gif

catlady said:
I like that look with the thumbnails too, but I wish it opened the pics even larger, like full page size. I still have to squint to see the details. Wonder if it lets you customize that?

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Yes I love the logos too... I doubt they asked anyone's permission to change them. The VA one is basically the same...just a little creative liscensing I guess:)

cheers.gif

catlady said:
I like that look with the thumbnails too, but I wish it opened the pics even larger, like full page size. I still have to squint to see the details. Wonder if it lets you customize that?
I would guess you could customize that...but I wouldn't want a full size screen image..that's too much.

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Yes I love the logos too... I doubt they asked anyone's permission to change them. The VA one is basically the same...just a little creative liscensing I guess:)
catlady said:
Not quite, have a better look at the bbav logo :)

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

When I had the logos on my site, I changed them, too, so they would all be the same color. I didn't ask. Now I just have them as they were sent to me. But if they were highly visible, I'd want them to 'blend in' with the overall design. If I HAD an overall design.
Morticia said:
Sure of course, like they did, but that is not YOUR logo, you can't just adjust colors, angles size of a logo that is not your own. To be honest I prefer the simple one color logos anyway...vs the mutil color ones. Maybe the powers that be will see these and like them.
I might buy this highslide editor for the rooms page to get it sorted out. I really like it, thanks for showing to us CL. You can specificu the thumbnail height x width and the larger image size as well. Html, CSS and javascript. Right up my alley I think. I will get some images uploaded and give it a test drive to see how it goes.

Back