Check this place out

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The website if fantastic and very lush looking. Rare Brick are GP (good people). I don't like the music for the intro though, and I'm noticing more and more of the "high end" sites using it...I though this was a big no-no? At least there is an option to turn it off.
This website is definitely selling an EXPERIENCE, which I think is so crucial for a b&b. They (your guests) can stay anywhere, so you have to show them or make them FEEL why they should stay with you. The photography does a good job of this, but I also like they way policies and such are worded, it sticks to a very non-stuffy feeling while still spelling it all out. I LOVE those little boxes on the side with the facts (like the definition of Swag)...very cool.
And those prices do not include any alcohol with meals??? I'm trying to picture myself stuck in a buffet line with all those other people and the nearest store 30 minutes away...I'd have to load up on my own stash for sure!!!!.
I never have my sound on ...so ...that is a turn off for me. Option is good but if it is on and you are at work..you have to be quick to turn it off :)
Dry county...yeah no alcohol in the cost...I could almost see paying that if you were getting alcohol
cheers.gif

Note: the owners / Retired Bishop...one TA review said everyone had to wait for "grace" before meals. hmmmmm
My sound is kept off as well...just to miss all the annoying intro sounds/tunes on websites. :)
Hey maybe Father Tim opened a B&B - he lived in those mountains... (For anyone not knowing who that is it is a series by Jan Karon "Mitford" based in Blowing Rock, NC - very popular.)
Now you have me going down the Nat Geo list :) I found a VA friend on there:) He has just had his website redone. Very nice...I like it alot too. I really like the way you open up the thumbnail pics. Here is how they did it....guess I will check this out further and make it a goal to learn for this year.:)
I like these too
certified-century-virginia-farm.png
bbva.png
paii.png

Not sure how you would get authorization to change all those images tho?
Yes a good deal for 1 commercial use $29. I am always looking for new slideshow thumnail viewer type stuff. I have bookmarked that.
When I had the logos on my site, I changed them, too, so they would all be the same color. I didn't ask. Now I just have them as they were sent to me. But if they were highly visible, I'd want them to 'blend in' with the overall design. If I HAD an overall design.
Morticia said:
When I had the logos on my site, I changed them, too, so they would all be the same color. I didn't ask. Now I just have them as they were sent to me. But if they were highly visible, I'd want them to 'blend in' with the overall design. If I HAD an overall design.
Sure of course, like they did, but that is not YOUR logo, you can't just adjust colors, angles size of a logo that is not your own. To be honest I prefer the simple one color logos anyway...vs the mutil color ones. Maybe the powers that be will see these and like them.
I might buy this highslide editor for the rooms page to get it sorted out. I really like it, thanks for showing to us CL. You can specificu the thumbnail height x width and the larger image size as well. Html, CSS and javascript. Right up my alley I think. I will get some images uploaded and give it a test drive to see how it goes.
You're right about not adjusting someone else's logo. My problem with some of the logos I've been given to put on my website is that they are HUGE and shrinking them down makes them look awful. So, logo designers take note...not everyone wants a ginormous version of YOUR logo on THEIR website. Please scale them appropriately!

The website if fantastic and very lush looking. Rare Brick are GP (good people). I don't like the music for the intro though, and I'm noticing more and more of the "high end" sites using it...I though this was a big no-no? At least there is an option to turn it off.
This website is definitely selling an EXPERIENCE, which I think is so crucial for a b&b. They (your guests) can stay anywhere, so you have to show them or make them FEEL why they should stay with you. The photography does a good job of this, but I also like they way policies and such are worded, it sticks to a very non-stuffy feeling while still spelling it all out. I LOVE those little boxes on the side with the facts (like the definition of Swag)...very cool.
And those prices do not include any alcohol with meals??? I'm trying to picture myself stuck in a buffet line with all those other people and the nearest store 30 minutes away...I'd have to load up on my own stash for sure!!!!.
I never have my sound on ...so ...that is a turn off for me. Option is good but if it is on and you are at work..you have to be quick to turn it off :)
Dry county...yeah no alcohol in the cost...I could almost see paying that if you were getting alcohol
cheers.gif

Note: the owners / Retired Bishop...one TA review said everyone had to wait for "grace" before meals. hmmmmm
My sound is kept off as well...just to miss all the annoying intro sounds/tunes on websites. :)
Hey maybe Father Tim opened a B&B - he lived in those mountains... (For anyone not knowing who that is it is a series by Jan Karon "Mitford" based in Blowing Rock, NC - very popular.)
Now you have me going down the Nat Geo list :) I found a VA friend on there:) He has just had his website redone. Very nice...I like it alot too. I really like the way you open up the thumbnail pics. Here is how they did it....guess I will check this out further and make it a goal to learn for this year.:)
I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Yes a good deal for 1 commercial use $29. I am always looking for new slideshow thumnail viewer type stuff. I have bookmarked that.
Morticia said:
Sure of course, like they did, but that is not YOUR logo, you can't just adjust colors, angles size of a logo that is not your own. To be honest I prefer the simple one color logos anyway...vs the mutil color ones. Maybe the powers that be will see these and like them.
I might buy this highslide editor for the rooms page to get it sorted out. I really like it, thanks for showing to us CL. You can specificu the thumbnail height x width and the larger image size as well. Html, CSS and javascript. Right up my alley I think. I will get some images uploaded and give it a test drive to see how it goes.
You're right about not adjusting someone else's logo. My problem with some of the logos I've been given to put on my website is that they are HUGE and shrinking them down makes them look awful. So, logo designers take note...not everyone wants a ginormous version of YOUR logo on THEIR website. Please scale them appropriately!
Morticia said:
Off the top of my head I can't recall who it is - a directory I think, or maybe TA? Who had diff sized logos for you to use, you can choose the size and they are all there. I am with you, don't tell me to reciprocate with some big gawdy image, I won't do it.

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
You can just download it for free and then if you decide to use it you can pay for it. I have downloaded it and it is cool but haven't really gotten into any of the code stuff yet. Just opened the tutorial to have a peek.

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
You can just download it for free and then if you decide to use it you can pay for it. I have downloaded it and it is cool but haven't really gotten into any of the code stuff yet. Just opened the tutorial to have a peek.
I'd be happy for a report! What I would like is something very simple for me to use. Please don't make me code anything! Just let me drop the photos in and have the software do the rest! Then I can pop it into the website where I want it.
Yup, you got it, it's January again so time to mess about with the website!

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Yes I love the logos too... I doubt they asked anyone's permission to change them. The VA one is basically the same...just a little creative liscensing I guess:)
catlady said:
Yes I love the logos too... I doubt they asked anyone's permission to change them. The VA one is basically the same...just a little creative liscensing I guess:)
Not quite, have a better look at the bbav logo :)
Yes you are right. I guess I might tell someone at BBAV about this. THey may want to address it at their upcoming meeting. Well I just had a relook at the BBAV logo...guess what VA is spelled WRONG!!! I sent the innkeeper a message about the misspelling. I will let the association deal with the logo issue
embaressed_smile.gif

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
I'd be happy for a report! What I would like is something very simple for me to use. Please don't make me code anything! Just let me drop the photos in and have the software do the rest! Then I can pop it into the website where I want it.
THere is a message on their site where they tell you to use their editor or something and just "drop in" your own pics...so that sounds simple enough:) As long as you like the template and image sizes.

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
catlady said:
I have added three pix to it and am fooling around with headers/captions, and control. Have to go bak for check in now though...rats! Always interrupted!
Yes, download it, and to publish it then you pay for it, this is the only way to go! I wish my blog was partof the website but it isn't so will need a second license for that. Will prob stick to the website, I have some free slideshows on there now that are not that attractive.

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
THere is a message on their site where they tell you to use their editor or something and just "drop in" your own pics...so that sounds simple enough:) As long as you like the template and image sizes.
Nope you can change the image sizes and template sizes all you wish, that is one reason I like it. The default size seems to be good though, I might not even adjust those.

PS:
Whether to overlay a "Powered by..." label on the popup. There are no license considerations in this; both commercial and non-commercial users can freely remove the credits label.
There is a button to deslect the credits from showing...I like this more and more...Okay I will go away now and start baking...bye

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
catlady said:
I have added three pix to it and am fooling around with headers/captions, and control. Have to go bak for check in now though...rats! Always interrupted!
Yes, download it, and to publish it then you pay for it, this is the only way to go! I wish my blog was partof the website but it isn't so will need a second license for that. Will prob stick to the website, I have some free slideshows on there now that are not that attractive.
The website CL referred to is interesting. I'm slow so I had no idea how to make the pop out photo go away.

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
catlady said:
The website CL referred to is interesting. I'm slow so I had no idea how to make the pop out photo go away.
CLICK on it
poke.gif

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
catlady said:
CLICK on it
poke.gif

catlady said:
CLICK on it
poke.gif
Well, yes, I'm SLOW, but I'm not completely dense! My point was a lot of MY guests would think it was broken given how many times I hear that someone didn't know I had this or that on my website and I think it's pretty obvious. A page for 'rooms?' Check. A page about 'breakfast?' Check. What is there to do in the area? Check.
So, if I put this on my site, I'd have to put directions...click once to view, click again to minimize. (Don't make the guest think, is my mantra, but it's not working!)

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
catlady said:
CLICK on it
poke.gif

catlady said:
CLICK on it
poke.gif
Well, yes, I'm SLOW, but I'm not completely dense! My point was a lot of MY guests would think it was broken given how many times I hear that someone didn't know I had this or that on my website and I think it's pretty obvious. A page for 'rooms?' Check. A page about 'breakfast?' Check. What is there to do in the area? Check.
So, if I put this on my site, I'd have to put directions...click once to view, click again to minimize. (Don't make the guest think, is my mantra, but it's not working!)
You have all sorts of options you can use. a variety of arrows, a slide show etc. The single image without anything is just one of the options.

cheers.gif

I like these too
bbva.png
paii.png

Morticia said:
catlady said:
CLICK on it
poke.gif

catlady said:
CLICK on it
poke.gif
You have all sorts of options you can use. a variety of arrows, a slide show etc. The single image without anything is just one of the options.
I just discussed the functions and was told by Dh when I said "This one or that one? Arrows on the top or side bar or on the image?" He said his usual, go with whatever is standard drill. So it was the mouse over and the arrows appear. This is a website Mort, we can't make it for every person in every age group, user ability and state of mind. Just do what you want to do!

Ok so I am bored as heck today and it is rainy and dreary. Been checking out this that and the other on line. Ran across this site done by White Stone. It has some really COOL flash effects in the header flash images on various pages. Take a look. Wish I could do that but It aint goinna happenwith me and Flash
embaressed_smile.gif

Ok so I am bored as heck today and it is rainy and dreary. Been checking out this that and the other on line. Ran across this site done by White Stone. It has some really COOL flash effects in the header flash images on various pages. Take a look. Wish I could do that but It aint goinna happenwith me and Flash
embaressed_smile.gif
That is VERY cool...I love the bathtub one with the rose petals and I really wish I had that soaking tub here
regular_smile.gif

embaressed_smile.gif
Every time I look at some of their sites, I see more and more things that are cool to do in photos.

Back