Check this place out

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Ok, you have to check this site out..I am in love with it. Can't begin to afford to stay here..but it sure is tempting!!!! Looks like it is closed for the winter though since everything is blocked out..and this place uses webervations.

Oh, yeah....It is on my LIST!! I wanted to go there last year for my landmark 55th but I took that trip to join up with my dh in the UK when he was there for work. (The UK was much better. haha!)
I definitely want to go to The Swag, though.

On my list too! Has been for a couple years....drooooooooooooool

On my list too! Has been for a couple years....drooooooooooooool.
Notice how they have a required 15% gratuity added on there. :-( Now see, that just annoys me so I would probably only pay that when they'd be more likely to get a larger tip if they didn't automatically add the gratuity.

Hadn't heard of this place before. Looks like near Waynesville.... though I didn't look at the map closely. Definitely a beautiful Rare Brick site. I can only imagine what they paid for it$$$$$

Hadn't heard of this place before. Looks like near Waynesville.... though I didn't look at the map closely. Definitely a beautiful Rare Brick site. I can only imagine what they paid for it$$$$$
With those rates I would say they can afford it and that web site probably does a lot to bring those rates!

OK, I know I'm not that place, but you can get an inn to inn HERE for the same price, but it lasts you a WEEK!

OMG! I have been to Waynesville - never heard of the place tho. Will definitely check it out the next time I am on a job in Asheville! And you can be sure I will be dropping off my brochure and references - maybe they'll give me a tour and I can report back to you all - see if it lives up to the website pictures!
Just noticed that the rate does include 3 meals a day! Must be some mighty fine food! You never have to leave the property - I kinda like that idea!

Yick, if I'm spendiing that much per night I don't want anything "rustic" about the place I'm staying.

Yick, if I'm spendiing that much per night I don't want anything "rustic" about the place I'm staying..
It may have some rustic look..but look close..it is far from being rustic.
It's just my personal taste. I don't think luxury and rustic go together...like I would love a home with the exposed field stone, etc. but if I wanted to take a luxury vacation it is going to be in NYC or some other large metro area and I would want something very sleek and modern with the same amenities this place offers. If I were going to Asheville I would rent a true rustic cabin in the middle of the woods with no other people around for 1/10th the price and enjoy the same scenery that this place offers.
It is absolutely gorgeous though, it could be a movie set!

The Greenbrier offers these meal packages - breakfast and dinner, Traditional Rooms only.
[tr]Traditional
[/td]Standard-size and Intermediate rooms (Intermediate offers a preferred location)
[/td][/tr][/table]
Package Inclusions
  • Breakfast and dinner daily at our various dining venues*
  • Packages tailored for couples and families*
  • All applicable taxes, resort fees and gratuities included
Package Rates & Availability
Available January 1 - April 9, 2009 and November 1 - December 20, 2009
$645 per night | double occupancy
$795 per night | family rate, including two children under 17 years of age
Available April 10 - October 31, 2009
$749 per night | double occupancy
$899 per night | family rate, including two children under 17 years of age
*The Meal Plan Package can be offered as an individual package rate as well as couple and family package rates as noted above. The package inclusion of daily breakfast and dinner is only available in certain dining venues through out the year based on availability. Please note due to limited seating, dining at Prime 44 West is never allowed within a Meal Plan package. Alcoholic beverages or bar service of any kind is also not included in this package.

I am so the opposite, I don't want a spa or city setting, a big river rock fireplace and views are worth a million bucks to me.

I just saw the definition on that home page of swag - in my mind a swag is a bedroll for a hobo...transient :) Thus the song featuring the Jolly Swagman (who is one who travels to find work and lives under the stars sleeping in his swag). Or of course the variety of curtain.

I just saw the definition on that home page of swag - in my mind a swag is a bedroll for a hobo...transient :) Thus the song featuring the Jolly Swagman (who is one who travels to find work and lives under the stars sleeping in his swag). Or of course the variety of curtain..
Swag is also the loot from a stick-up.

I just saw the definition on that home page of swag - in my mind a swag is a bedroll for a hobo...transient :) Thus the song featuring the Jolly Swagman (who is one who travels to find work and lives under the stars sleeping in his swag). Or of course the variety of curtain..
gillumhouse said:
Also fitting!
wink_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
See, that's MY reaction to 'swag.'

Back