check your bbonline listing..now

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just checked mine ...I am no longer the Owner/Innkeeper , Katherine & Steve ? are. I do not have 3 rooms , just 2 and who knows what else ? ( just read this & YES I have 3 rooms but they listed 2 )

I emailed them about changes and they asked me to check a link and I found one mistake. I think they are going to start the new website - I just took a quick look but at least it is pleasing to the eye.
RIki

Yes they have a new look. Innkeepers were sent an email about a month ago with directions on how to edit etc etc. Time for a new look for sure! I don't care for the background images...don't have clue what they have to do with B & B's???? But like it overall

Tons of errors for us.
We just paid $110 for the inns for sale listing, we pay this every 6 mo's and you cannot even access VA.

I just tried a search on my inn name- nothing found. Nothing found by town name either. I had to go out to state level to find anything in my state.

I just tried a search on my inn name- nothing found. Nothing found by town name either. I had to go out to state level to find anything in my state..
Madeleine said:
I just tried a search on my inn name- nothing found. Nothing found by town name either. I had to go out to state level to find anything in my state.
There are 5 with my name, but none of them except us actually have our name. go figure.

Spent the day on the new site getting our listing updated and corrected. I am not crazy about the process but the results look OK. Do you suppose travelers read anything on the site or just look at the pictures?

Spent the day on the new site getting our listing updated and corrected. I am not crazy about the process but the results look OK. Do you suppose travelers read anything on the site or just look at the pictures?.
Silverspoon said:
Spent the day on the new site getting our listing updated and corrected. I am not crazy about the process but the results look OK. Do you suppose travelers read anything on the site or just look at the pictures?
Did you get a new password or login? My old one doesn't work.
If they do look at the pictures, lord help us! Theyhave some of mine twice and they are small and grainy and horrid. let me at em let me at em!

Tons of errors for us.
We just paid $110 for the inns for sale listing, we pay this every 6 mo's and you cannot even access VA..
Did you get the email from them several weeks ago? You can upload your own images. There was a pdf with all the directions. Let me know if you want it. I think I still have it.

Tons of errors for us.
We just paid $110 for the inns for sale listing, we pay this every 6 mo's and you cannot even access VA..
Did you get the email from them several weeks ago? You can upload your own images. There was a pdf with all the directions. Let me know if you want it. I think I still have it.
CL yes please! I get so many junk emails I think I saw it and deleted ti.

Spent the day on the new site getting our listing updated and corrected. I am not crazy about the process but the results look OK. Do you suppose travelers read anything on the site or just look at the pictures?.
Silverspoon said:
Did you get a new password or login? My old one doesn't work.
If they do look at the pictures, lord help us! Theyhave some of mine twice and they are small and grainy and horrid. let me at em let me at em!
I used my old password but my username changed to my e-mail. Yes, the pictures are all fowled up, especially if you have the slide show feature. You may need to go into the edit functions and delete the ones that are duplicates, eliminate the ones that are chopped up and reload some new ones. Do make sure that you have extra space at the bottom of each picture because otherwise they get cropped off when you insert the text description. Oh my! I’ve got corns on my as* from sitting here all day making the repairs.
confused_smile.gif

Sweet a big photo of "The Negotiator" Capt James Kirk right on the home page.

Tons of errors for us.
CL yes please! I get so many junk emails I think I saw it and deleted ti.
I never saw it but happened upon the new site this morning when I checked the sites we list with. Would you be so kind as to send it along to me as well. It would be helpful to have some direction if I decide to make more changes. Thanks!

Well I cannot even ask if to send me my password, my old one doesn't work and the request it to be sent it not working. I will wait til tomorrow and see if they reply to my email at all. I am sure mine won't be the only one they get today.
aarrrrgghhhh i went to our actual CITY page and it shows us and another inn not even near us as featured inns. oh and below the google map on the right Reviews powered by YELP. So another one to keep your eyes on y'all!

Well I cannot even ask if to send me my password, my old one doesn't work and the request it to be sent it not working. I will wait til tomorrow and see if they reply to my email at all. I am sure mine won't be the only one they get today.
aarrrrgghhhh i went to our actual CITY page and it shows us and another inn not even near us as featured inns. oh and below the google map on the right Reviews powered by YELP. So another one to keep your eyes on y'all!.
They had us listed near the town we are in...and there can be no mistake about our location. We were not the only ones they moved out of town! I fired off an e-mail and it was corrected by the end of the day. Since then I have found several more problems with the listing. Gee, I had planned so many nice things to do today and NONE of them got done because of the this update.
angry_smile.gif

I just went and looked at the site without adblocker on. Just ducky. Ads all over the place. Even on my place page there are ads. I know it's not up for renewal anytime soon, but there are no ads on my website and I'm not underwriting ads on other websites. Either they figure out how to make enough money without the ads or they plaster the ads everywhere because my dollars are going elsewhere next renewal.

I just tried a search on my inn name- nothing found. Nothing found by town name either. I had to go out to state level to find anything in my state..
Madeleine said:
There are 5 with my name, but none of them except us actually have our name. go figure.
I repeated the search by name and it came up with 99 matches this time.

bbonline, I'm not listed. In fact, they don't have a single listing in the city and only two in the province. A clear indication that it's price/market that is missing.

I left them a couple years ago because I was tired of having to contact them to make changes for me instead of allowing me to make my own. Guess that is what they are trying to accomplish now.
The other reason I left was they were appearing on page 3 when searching for my town + bed and breakfast. Sad placement.
Now they are adding ads? - You would think they would have nixed that thought after another large directory did so and got slammed for it.

They come up within the first few on Google for our region and, based on my tracking stats, they send enough guests my way to justify the price. Renewal comes up in Jan. for us. I'll keep a watchful eye on the stats but it will be difficult to tell if the new site generates the same activity as the old one because everything is pretty much dead here in Dec and Jan.
For a while we went with the other big B+B listing site but at that time they were not providing links to web sites so I dropped them. They had good placement on Google but we didn't get many referrals from them.

Back