Check your Bed and Breakfast Google Map

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Go check that your location is shown on the Google map on your Bed and Breakfast .com listing. I just called to renew and saw that I had disappeared from the Google map.
Pretty annoying since the first two listings before the first Charlottesville B&B are inns that are 45 minutes away.
RIki

Are you referring to Google Local Business? You don't have to pay to be there or anywhere else in google that I know of except PPC. I just checked and you are there...#4 though

Are you referring to Google Local Business? You don't have to pay to be there or anywhere else in google that I know of except PPC. I just checked and you are there...#4 though
catlady said:
No what I'm talking about is I went to the Charlottesville VA page IN Bedandbreakfast.com
If you look there is a Google map above the listing of the inns with marks. If you hover your mouse over the mark it tells you which inn it is.
I was not there anymore, and I don't know for how long I was not there.
I AM there now - they put me back on while I was on the phone with them.
Now, for the free listings, my best spot is if you go to "Charlottesville Wine Tours" I'm nr 1!
Getting to Nr 1 as a B&B is not something I think I could ever do.
RIki

catlady said:
No what I'm talking about is I went to the Charlottesville VA page IN Bedandbreakfast.com
If you look there is a Google map above the listing of the inns with marks. If you hover your mouse over the mark it tells you which inn it is.
Now, for the free listings, my best spot is if you go to "Charlottesville Wine Tours" I'm nr 1!
RIki
OH sorry I missed that...I suspect they may have had your codes mixed up or something. We went through all sorts of hassles when trying to get the inns on the map for the association site. Members would go in and change addresses and it screwed up everything. I don't know if they have resolved that issue or not. Glad it isn't my problem any more:)

catlady said:
RIki
OH sorry I missed that...I suspect they may have had your codes mixed up or something. We went through all sorts of hassles when trying to get the inns on the map for the association site. Members would go in and change addresses and it screwed up everything. I don't know if they have resolved that issue or not. Glad it isn't my problem any more:)
catlady said:
Yes, I was on it when I joined and now when I went to renew (at over $500 per year) I was not there. She said that it must have dropped of from the last google update, which does not make sense to me. She was able to put me back on right then and there. I guess it's up to me to make sure I'm still there.
RIki

I am Silver, so no map on my site. bbonline for the same amount of money delivers twice the guest as bedandbreakfast.com does. It has no rotation on state page ,etc. .....Mary in Bridgewater, Va.

I am Silver, so no map on my site. bbonline for the same amount of money delivers twice the guest as bedandbreakfast.com does. It has no rotation on state page ,etc. .....Mary in Bridgewater, Va..
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
I am Silver, so no map on my site. bbonline for the same amount of money delivers twice the guest as bedandbreakfast.com does. It has no rotation on state page ,etc. .....Mary in Bridgewater, Va.
I agree, I get more with bbonline
But if you go and put in "Bridgewater va" you will see that you are marked on the map. It's right above your listing.
RIki

I am Silver, so no map on my site. bbonline for the same amount of money delivers twice the guest as bedandbreakfast.com does. It has no rotation on state page ,etc. .....Mary in Bridgewater, Va..
But if you go and put in "Bridgewater va" you will see that you are marked on the map. It's right above your listing.
RIki
I belive you can also delete your home address from the Google maps if you'd like. It's nice if your other home address is listed and you don't want to be. They have drive by views in some areas too.
Jenny

RIki
I belive you can also delete your home address from the Google maps if you'd like. It's nice if your other home address is listed and you don't want to be. They have drive by views in some areas too.
Jenny
Innkeeping said:
Jenny
I'm not talking about the general Google Maps. I'm talking about the google map that comes up on the Bed and Breakfast directory listing. When I pay them a good amount a year to be listed by golly I want my address listed on the map so they can see I'm close to town.
I'm a business address. I want to be listed on any google map on the web.
RIki

Riki
Thanks for bringing that up, we are not on our city page either, and I just emailed to have them correct it.

Don't forget to check your Kayak.com listing as well. You can login as the owner/manager and update and add pics etc. My info seemed to be pulled from bandb.com and has random info on it that was totally not accurate. Thanks to another innkeeper for reminding me to do this!
cheers.gif

Riki
Thanks for bringing that up, we are not on our city page either, and I just emailed to have them correct it..
Little Blue said:
Riki
Thanks for bringing that up, we are not on our city page either, and I just emailed to have them correct it.
Good! They should be able to do it right away. Willow did it while I was on the phone with her. You have to "refresh" to see it come back
RIki

Riki
Thanks for bringing that up, we are not on our city page either, and I just emailed to have them correct it..
I just looked at your page on banb.com and your google map was there. I don't know if it is correct or not..but it was there:)

Riki
I just looked at your page on banb.com and your google map was there. I don't know if it is correct or not..but it was there:)
Yeah, it's there now, and it's correct because I told them EXACTLY where we are! They've always been very responsive fixing or changing things for me...far more so than their biggest competition, which takes DAYS to even respond to a request, much less follow through.

Back